Sits down at a restaurant

>sits down at a restaurant
>gets food
>immediately takes a picture and posts on social media

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fx2KPal9ykg
nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/03/the-psychological-case-for-instagramming-your-food.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>going to restaurants that allow photography
lol?

what's the point in living if there aren't other people to witness that you are living while simultaneously missing out on life to ensure you witness that they are also living

OP, I don't do that shit because it's gay, but try thinking less about what other people do in their personal lives. You will be a much happier person this way. It may be inane and pointless, but it doesn't hurt you in any way.

Like said, people feel the need to be acknowledged by others, at least most do. Think of it as a way of socializing, like 'look what I got, I'm excited to eat it'.

Reminds me of fuckstains that go on vacation and spend more time taking photos than actually taking in their surroundings.

Or people who go to concerts and spend the whole time just standing there watching through a phone
youtube.com/watch?v=fx2KPal9ykg

I eat out twice a year, can't I take a picture of food that looks way nicer than I'll get to eat the other 650~ meals?

I read a story about a high-end restaurant that suddenly had dip in its ratings, mostly related to cold food and longer wait times for tables.
When they purposefully studied the problem, they discovered that their customers (who were coming mainly because the restaurant was trendy, not as regulars) were averaging more time at the table (reducing the restaurant's ability to seat more customers per hour) because they were spending time taking pictures of their food and posting about it on social media. This also explained the cold food complaints because customers were fucking around with their phones after the food arrived rather than actually eating it.

There's nothing wrong with taking pictures of food if it's actually worth taking pictures of, ie: you're at a michelin starred place or something with food that actually thoughtfully and artfully presented. I often take pictures of dishes at those sorts of places if I find it striking just to keep for myself to remember it.
People who take pictures of the crap on their plates at olive garden or something, yeah, that's sad.

>2 star place in Tokyo
>400 dollars a person, cheapest wine is 100 bucks a bottle
>10 courses
>maitre de ask us after every particularly interesting course whether we would like a picture with or of the unique item of the course

Its mostly only up their ass unrated places or French fuckheads that care about pictures of the meal

>Sir I'm going to have to ask you to leave.
>What? Why?
>You photographed you food sir. That is not allowed here.
>But I haven't even eaten yet!
>Don't make me get physical sir.

nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/03/the-psychological-case-for-instagramming-your-food.html

Apparently it makes your food taste better.

>if I find it striking just to keep for myself to remember it.
Faggot

Pleb.

>Going to a restaurant for anything other than pick-up
True gentlemen like myself do not mingle with the plebs, we dine at home like kings, safe from the ever-watching eyes of the social media, hands reach from my selection of boxed wine and a scroll away from the viewing pleasures of animated Japanese girls.

>be tourist or from out of town
>eat some local delicacy or famous burger or something
>not taking a picture to brag to your mates
Oh wait I forgot you had no friends OP. Try making some instead of making bait threads on Veeky Forums for a change.

Regards,
An Aussie shitposter

/psy/ called, they want a space cadet back.

>bragging about what your eating makes your food taste smugger

WHODA THUNK IT

My gf does this all the time, or starts taking selfies, not just 2 but 20. I tell her to stop and sometimes grab the phone and force her to stop, it's annoying as fuck. One pic of the food and a selfie or two then eating is okay, but 20 or more.... damn it all

I'm sure everyone here has more money than they know what to do with, graduated from ivory league schools, live in mansions and are worshipped by your communities but I am not.

I only go to nice restaurants once per year. And that only happens when we can get a sitter for the kids.

So, getting a $100 per plate meal is something quite special. Either I or my wife snap a couple of photos of the meal and again of the table side prepared dessert.

There's nothing wrong with taking pics.

Annoying as fuck status signaling by millennials with no skills to be proud of other than that they can read yelp reviews and have money

it was on reddit, no idea where tho

>is poor
>acts like a pleb

Wow, what a surprise!

And when you see me doing it, you will just sit there and do nothing. You'll slink down in your chair like always, sulk, avoid eye contact then go home and be brave on the internet.

No I will laugh irl like I always do. Nice projection though.

I tried to buy a 30-shot disposable camera on a flight once only to find the family of 6 behind me bought all 30 of them, they were walking around with 5 cameras apiece taking photos of every stupid fucking thing possible

>put that fork down user, I want to instagram our food!

inb4 the edgelord who has never had a female friend tells me to just eat anyways

I have a 2 year diploma from a trades school and I can afford to eat out as much as I want. Not everyone lives in NYC/LA.

Well he has kids too, that's like a bazillion jillion dollars a year right there. Glad I'm a bachelor.

>Well he has kids too, that's like a bazillion jillion dollars a year right there
Okay, fair enough, I'll give him that. Being a bachelor - or better yet part of a childless dual income household - gives so much discretionary income, even if your job is only mediocre.

That's fucking infuriating.

What, are you going to take a picture when it's half eaten?

>work at restaurant
>Group of teenagers take pictures in the front of bathrooms and posing with the wall
See I'd make sense if they're tourists but they spoke English and likely lived in the state
REEEEE millennials