How would he feel about the current racial discord in the united states?

how would he feel about the current racial discord in the united states?

he would be cry

Who cares? He'd probably have the typical SJW opinions and describe himself as "woke"

he'd hang himself

This is what any sensible human does at this point

The system is so irrevocably broken

DFW would become a skinhead and join the alt-right

this
and this

too soon

The fact that that passage wasn't even correct ebonics bothered me a lot tbqh

what would DFW say about the race war starting?

>woke

I want to return to the traditional values of the early 2000s before sjws, twitter, and blm really gathered steam

and about the current ATP?

IIRC in the first pages of Signifying Rappers, DFW and Costello emphasize that they're white upper-class men without firsthand experience of the black experience. DFW also wasn't a political writer, the exception being the McCain piece, most of which's quirky observations riding a campaign bus.

he probably would've expressed vague ivory tower liberal support for BLM etc but deferred writing about it to people more knowledgeable.

The more interesting question is how he would've felt about hypersincere college SJWs

naw m8 it's mostly the US

Actually he'd be woke because he couldn't write, he couldn't think, and he had no discernible talent.

pretty much

/thread

Steven King is Malcolm X compared with David Foster Wallace.

Then leave the first world and live like a real human being; in squalour and misery.

Some places out there it's still functionally 1919; just with the odd anomalous Masai tribesman in Nike trainers.

Yeah, we'd hear him say the same tired lines about power structures and systems of oppression.

He would whine about Scandinavian literary rockstars having no right to appropriate Zadie Smith's pussy

would rip off what Pynchon said in Bleeding Edge

and then insult Pynchon

lol

He would say it's sad and banal.

He'd probably feel whatever it is that people with autism feel.

don't you mean "what would he feel about...."?

what did pynchon say about this?

I think you underestimate his condescension

On a sidenote: that is one awesomely rare DFW.

He really wasn't that liberal. His meme image just makes him seem like he was.

I wish people would understand this. His fans make me hate him

He would put on black face and become a prominent BLM leader.

volunteered for Reagan I think

DFW was redpill. If he were alive today, he would campaign for trump and spend all day tweeting alt right memes

DFW was conservative when everyone else was.

I think today he'd be confused about it, like he always is. The stupid buttplug.

>not even having a faint idea of history that isn't even 100 years old

search for old footage from berlin, new york, paris, the comfortability may have risen since then, but they were happier, more functional, and unironically knew more than the average plebian today

>b-but muh internet
do you seriously think a majority of people learn skills, or read in their free time today with the level of constant entertainment that is propagated and bombarded onto everyone?

What it means to b a liberal changed quite bit since he died. He would have gotten in line just like the others did.

>but they were happier, more functional, and unironically knew more than the average plebian today
Confirmed for literal retard.

how much does america fucking suck? it's funny how brainwashed they all are too. thinking it's a great place. they remind me of North Koreans.

I just want to go back a couple decades. Fifteen years even, before "manspreading" and "privilege checks." When shooting black criminals was just another part of the police's job and not fucking national news.

We don't get to choose our time, user. All we can do is navigate the forests and the mountains and the deserts and the seas, to the best of our abilities, using the techniques and accumulated knowledge of our ancestors passed to us through the ages. We have a responsibility to try and improve those techniques and that knowledge, however small those improvements may be, and we have a responsibility to continue the journey, find the way, and illuminate the path so others may follow our lead and use our light as a guide until they reach the point where we tire and lay down to rest. And it is their responsibility to pick up that light and continue to go as far as they're able.

I don't know let me perform a seance and find out.

Christianity and the happiness it provided died after WWI.
Children used to memorise poems and hymns. They read books.

Now what passes for sophistication and intellect is irony, sarcasm and faux cynicism.

>buying into carceral ideology
>buying into the culture war regardless of standpoint

it's a lost cause for you, m8

there's been a deliberate attempt at engineering culture and society. what is even the point of denying this demonstrable fact

I hate you all

For a moment I thought this was Rees-Mogg photoshopped onto the cover of The Road, that would have been better.

Wtf is that hair about

yeah i'm surprised this is the first mention of it

took me a long time to realize this was even dave

who is she?