Home made pizza general

I made this deep dish pizza yesterday from scratch, except the sauce was from a local take out place.

Post pics, tips, toppings...

Other urls found in this thread:

bbqguys.com/content_content_22748.html?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=video-recipe&utm_term=video-view-more&utm_content=video-description&utm_campaign=video-entree-oven
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw you make a pizza alone and make a thread about it but no one replies

Looks delicious op 10/10 would eat 2 of them.

it looks good user, made me hungry

It looks lovely, user. I hope you enjoyed it. How was?

don't be sad, i'd eat that pizza

looks nice op, restaurant nice!

how did it taste?

Too much oil in the pan make the crust soggy. I also think there was too much sauce.

I have left over ingredients so im making another one. The dough for it is rising right now.

sausage and cheese is best for the inner

how exciting

We'll you didn't once mention go' za' or mcchicken so wtf do you expect? Legitimate responses?

I don't even know what to fill a pizza like that with. Vegetables seem like it would be a soggy mess and I'm not really interested in filling it entirely with sausage.

I want to try it, it just seems like something I would regret.

Post results

>Bake Pizza
>Run out of baking paper
>Try Aluminium foil
>No bottom layer crust
What did i expect? I am never doing that again

What kind of cheese do you guys recommend on homemade pizzas?

Also, how do you order your toppings?

mozzarella and provolone

>baking paper
Why?

cheddar is pretty based
if you live in the US of A make sure to take real cheddar though

Anyone have a good Chicago style pizza recipe?

bbqguys.com/content_content_22748.html?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=video-recipe&utm_term=video-view-more&utm_content=video-description&utm_campaign=video-entree-oven

This is op. Second pizza is much crispier/ less greasy

And smoked cheddar. Never forget the smoked cheddar

that crust looks fucking sexy

Any tips on preparing the dough?

looks really nice OP
also how much left over pizza do you have now?

That shit looks baller. What dough do you use? Would a regular pizza dough recipe work? How many layers do you go for?

Use olive oil instead of corn oil, 3tsp instead of 4, no oil in the pan, and let it rise in the oven at 170 with the oven door open for an hour.

Next time I will roll it out and let it rise in the pan before adding topings.

See

1/3

Bbq chicken 'za reporting in. Dough is Lahey no knead.

Recipe?

All pizza is good pizza.

2nd try... Neapolitan style...

More pizza.

Looks good, my man

And some more.

Your oven wasn't hot enough. I make pizza in cast iron pans too and high heat fries the crust in olive oil and it's incredible.

I make too much pizza.

500 grams (17 ½ ounces or about 3 ¾ cups) all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping the dough
1 gram (1/4 teaspoon) active dry yeast
16 grams (2 teaspoons) fine sea salt
350 grams (1 ½ cups) water

Add the dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix them in with your hands. Pour in the water and mix with hands (circular motion) until there is no dry flour remaining on the bottom/sides of the bowl. Dough should be sticky and rough. Cover and rest at room temp overnight or until the dough has doubled in volume.

Flour your surface, plop the dough on and cut into either quarters or thirds. Form round shapes. If you aren't using the dough immediately you can put them into oiled containers or a ziplock bag and store in the fridge. When ready to cook leave it out at room temp for a few hours before stretching out the dough.

As usual, it's best if you have a steel or stone cranked up to the highest temp your oven can go.

Nice sheet pan 'zas.

I'm going to keep on going.

Thanks man. I love pizzas of all shapes and sizes.

More.

Ive never made a bbq chicken pizza, what topping do you use?

Running out of pizza photos.

Pretty simple.

Sauce: Just use a bbq sauce that you like as the sauce. They can be pretty strong tasting for use on a pizza so I sometimes cut it when a pat of butter or thin out with some water.

Toppings: Chicken--If lazy you can just buy one of those supermarket rotisserie birds. Caramelized onions, smokey bacon bits, bell peppers, jalapenos/serranos and garlic are pretty gud ideas. Cheese was just whole milk mozzarella.

Still tastes pretty good after all these years. Leftovers were put into cast iron and made nice and crusty on the bottom. Beware the dough will look like the stuff of nightmares when making it.

Last one.

This looks like a portal to hell and I love it.
What state do you live in and can I come have some pizza?

Is it possible to make a thin and crispy crust at home?

Every recipe i've tried wasn't really thin or crispy like from a pizzaria. I'm a bad cook and all my pizzas come out 90% dough.

Absolutely. It takes a bit of practice, but it's plenty feasible. Here's my recipe.

>Dough (makes two 14" pizzas)
2.75 cups all-purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup arm water
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons olive oil

Dissolve yeast in the warm water. Mix in flour, salt, and oil. Kneed for 5 minutes. Let rise for 60 minutes or until dough doubles in size. Punch down and divide in half.

Take one piece of dough (you can freeze the other in plastic wrap if you only plan to make one pizza) and roll out to 14" diameter. Transfer dough to pizza pan.

For crispy crust, brush edge of crust with olive oil. Add sauce, cheese, toppings, etc.

This where it take a bit of trial and error, since everyone's oven is going to be different. The trick is going to be using the oven at it's maximum temperature (usually 500 degrees for most home ovens), as well as the broiler. I'll give you two different procedures that I've used for different ovens.

>electric oven
Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees. Place pizza in the oven for 5 minutes. At the five minute mark, switch the oven to broil for 2-3 additional minutes. Remove when crust starts browning.

>gas oven
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Pre-bake crust (with olive oil brushing) for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and add toppings, keeping the oven at 500 degrees. Place the pizza back in the oven, and immediately switch to broil. Broil for ~7 minutes.

Every oven is going to be different, so it will probably take some practice.