Gain 30-40 pounds in less than a year from eating large portions of fast food

>gain 30-40 pounds in less than a year from eating large portions of fast food
>decide to cut back how much i eat
>constantly want to food binge
>suffering

anyone else /portioncontrol/ here?

Who is this mysterious "130 pound person" that the chart refers to?
In America, only children are that light. Don't say women, because the average American woman weights 166 pounds.

abstain from fat. eat only 2 meals a day.

then you can eat a lot and not gain weight. but stay away from pasta and rice. bread is fine, but make sure it is whole wheat. and beans are good too.

manlets

Take up black coffee and smoking cigs to kill the hunger pains.

Lol! You suck as an armchair nutritionist! Whole wheat bread? It just has more sugar added to give it a brown color. Fat doesn't make you fat... that's 1950's moronic logic there. Over processed carbs including refined sugar makes you fat, period. Cut refined carbs and you're golden. Try to embrace steamed vegetables, stuff your face with them as a midday snack. Oh and eat four meals a day, it actually takes a lot of energy to digest. If you can, work on your leg muscles, developed them, you want them burning calories even when resting. And speaking of rest, get plenty of it. Sleeping in a cold room helps keep you thin too. Good luck.

I'm 6'2" and 180#, is that OK?

I did the whole weight loss thing a few years ago. What worked really well for me was pairing a lot of low density/high volume stuff with ever meal. You can practically fill an entire plate with green beans and broccoli and have it add like 100 calories.

Makes the meal more satisfying and stretches it our time wise (ideally long enough for satiation to kick in).

Also learn to love chicken and fish. You can sub in lean chicken or turkey for beef for a lot of things and it's way better for you overall (and about half the calories).

Often by virtue of eating healthier, you can actually physically get away with eating more food, because healthier food tends not to have all the added junk that cranks up the calories.

Not to say you should avoid things that are high calorie entirely, there's stuff that's high calorie and healthy for you (nuts come to mind), just that healthy and lower calorie do often go hand in hand.

Just find low calorie density foods to binge on.
2 lb's riced cauliflower and tomato sauce is under 600 calories.

>tfw you still remember these autistic charts that never take basic metabolism into account
lel guise gotta go lift for two hours because I ate a burger as part of my diet today

what I find crazy is people drinking large cokes or milk/coffees with their meals, when the contents are the same as the meal.

I never order meals anymore only single items and only low cal drinks.

I have a safe with a programmable timer. I installed a lock on my refrigerator, and I store the key in the safe. I set the safe to open once a day. I'm on a 1000 calorie diet, so when the timer goes off, I unlock the refrigerator, withdraw the exact amount of ingredients, then put the key back in the safe and reset the timer.

Your suffering comes not from hunger but from being repeatedly faced with the decision of whether to eat throughout the day. The brain becomes fatigued from constantly making the decision not to eat. When you give in, you are seeking relief from decision-making, not relief from hunger per se.

By using a safe with a timer, I now only have to make a decision once per day, which relieves the decision-making fatigue. The hunger is bearable on its own.

I have some portion control; shit thats calorie dense and tasty to eat, I can piledrive 5 servings down my foodhole. Just yesterday I did 6 beers and a while bag of pork rinds. Then I had a small salad and half a summer sausage. Came out to something like 2000 calories for dinner. Then I had about 6 shots of rum after that.

I did however lose 30 lbs a few months ago when I stopped drinking, and counted calories to maintain under 1800 per day. Shit sucked, I was hungry ALL THE TIME. Sedentary lifestyles and liking food dont' pair well together.

Jesus, do what you gotta do but that sounds bleak as all hell.

Dunno if I buy the whole decision making thing, I think it's more an over-focus on food as a thing.

I can entirely relate to this. Lame as it is to admit, a lot of my over eating was due to me being bored. I can definitely relate to wanting to go down to the kitchen and make food even though I just ate like an hour ago, not because I'm really hungry, but because it would be something to do.

The solution is to find other things to do with your time and make food less of a focus in general. You can still love food and make elaborate meals and such.. but find other things to find the time in between meals.

You're right about boredom. The main reason that I'm using the safe with the timer is because I'm unemployed. I got by just fine without it when I had a job.

I buy into calories in/out as a general rule.. I know it's not actually that simple, there's lots of variation and complexity in how the body consumes food and stores/uses fat, but as a general guideline I think it'll generally get you there.

That said this chart is pretty stupid, especially the examples of how much "exercise" that represents. While calorie counting is at least somewhat linear when taken as a general guesstimate, calories burned in exercise is way more complicated.

I was 170lbs, wanted to get down to 150.
Went down to 1500ish calories a day, lost the weight. Back to eating normally and just making sure I stay under 160.

Every time you want a soda (or any drink with calories, even fruit juice), just get water instead. Nothing but water. That alone helps a ton. Green tea is also fine if you're having caffeine issues; I ended up drinking 5 cups a day for the first week or two because my caffeine lust was so ridiculous.

Another thing is just making healthier choices. You don't have to eat less; you can eat more, actually. Instead of a 500 calorie large fry from McDickhole's, you can steam two fucking heads of broccoli and eat it all and end up at 400 calories of actually healthy shit that won't bog you down and will be more filling.

MyFitnessPal helped a bunch, too, because when you put food in you realize where you're going bad. I put in a bottle of Pepsi and it was like 1/5 of my daily calories and I realized that was one of the first things that had to go because by the end of the day I'd have normally had 1000+ Pepsi calories.

Just remove yourself from the fast food places, keep things around the house ready to steam (and don't butter the shit, either, broccoli tastes fucking fine on its own). All you need to do is invest in willpower and make sure you remain stocked on healthy things in your home.

Just leave the key out, lol

Once you are overweight the fat fights to maintain itself my making you feel hungry all the time. It's very hard to lose weight without feeling hungry all the time, which is why fat people eat ridiculous portion sizes. If they don't they won't maintain their weight and losing weight happens when you feel hungry.

What worked for me was working out and filling up on foods that were low in calories but high in vegetable fiber (so I felt full for at least a little while from the fiber). But I still felt hungry from the fewer overall calories, and sore from the working out. But the longer you do this this the easier it gets. You lose some weight, so you feel less hungry. By the time you hit a reasonable weight you can maintain it because reasonable portion sizes don't leave you feeling hungry. Large portions leave you feeling bloated. Avoid that feeling and you can stay trim as long as you don't eat rich food too often and continue working out on at least semi-regular basis.

And of course get the sugar out of your diet for the most part. It's just too easy to consume way too much sugar in our world without even realizing it.

i never thought about my portions like pic related. really made me think not being sarcastic. I eat every three hours meal > snack > meal > snack > meal > snack. 300 calorie meals and 150 calories snacks. It's not that hard is you WANT IT. That's the key, don't even try if you don't want to be thin more than you want to eat too much food. Just enjoy your food until you're fat enough to care.

>abstain from fats
>fats make you fat

nice meme

To be fair the typical Western diet is both high fat and big on simple carbs. Eliminating either could result in weight loss, because the combination of the two is was doesn't work so well. You can tip the scale toward one or the other without counting calories and do better without having to vilify either. But relying on either to feel full is a bad move for someone trying to lose weight. Fill up on foods high in vegetable fiber.

Not true at all. Sedentary lifestyles and liking stuffing your face don't pair well. If you liked food, you'd have no problem limiting your portions so you'd have room to experience even more new and exciting flavors.

>350 calories from coffee
what the fuck? Is this actually a thing?

>more food = more calories
STOP THE MADNESS!

Also some of the exercise things in that pic are misleading. Lifting weights for an hour and a half will burn significantly more calories during recovery.

But if I like cheese doodles and beer, I want to have a whole fucking bag of them and 15 beers. Thats too much for sedentary people.

Say I got a cheese and meat plate setup with 10 cheeses, 6 meats, wine and some olives, its still too much. Sometimes that feeling of being full is more satisfying than a few new things that are underwhelming.

Really, there are only a couple of rules to reliably remain a healthy weight. Nearly everything else can be variable.
>1. Less sugar.
>2. More fiber.
>3. More protein.
>4. More water.

If you're content to eat the same basic shit over and over again, you don't like food.

I think the more protein on your list is a myth for sedentary individuals. That just applies to people doing physical labor and working out hard. Otherwise it's not necessary.

It's not your fault OP. Fast food corporations purposefully put addictive things in their food to make people like you coming back. As a matter of fact the next thing you should do is get a lawyer and sue all the fast food chains for poisoning you.

There isnt' much I haven't eaten or tried. Doesn't mean its all basic.

I'm physically active, but I think that protein lends a lot to feeling satiated.

Portions are the same in most other countries in the world. When you live there it sucks for about a month then you get used to it, lose shit tons of weight, look better, and end up throwing away half your food when you visit family back in the US

You don't need that much food, you're only fucking over yourself when you try and get "your money's worth" by shoving all the food they give you in your face

How do you lift weights for 1 hour 30 minutes? Is that including rest or is it constant motion? Is it dumbbells, barbells or both? Squats?

Eating more than 3 meals a day has no real world effect.

The cravings mean you are losing weight.

Just positively make that connection & when the urges perk you are doing that work.

>Dating the average American woman
>Not having a qt 110-pound she-twink gf

I think part of what's wrong with most folks' perception of how much protein they ought to be eating is vastly inflated. Unless you're a body builder you don't even need 100g of the stuff a day.

>she says while pushing the keto meme

We need more calories today compared to yesteryear in order to maintain our sedentary lifestyles.

Used to drink litres of full sugar ice tea every day. Puddings. 1.5 pizzas, Whole tubs of ice cream, whole blocks of chocolate basically just a constant stream of sugar.
Now i just eat bananas, roasted unsalted peanuts, boiled peas, boiled broccoli and boiled cauliflower, Crumbed hoki fillets, kangaroo steak, picked onions, gherkins, pickled daikon.
Quite a few of my meals are served with either white rice or on a bed of veges.
my cheat meal is usually just a beef or fish burger from the local fish and chips shop.
Sort of proud of myself. Didn't know i had it in me.
Been going with this for a month now.

Yeah, if you get any fancy flavored latte drink or add those sugary syrups to your coffee. For example, a small pumpkin latte with skim (so espresso, skim milk, and 2 shots of pumpkin flavoring made of condensed milk and sugar) is 180 cals.

>FISH BURGER

LMAOING AT YOUR LIFE RIGHT NOW

Considering how much mayo and sauces they use i would still consider it a cheat. Also they don't seem to charcoal their onions like every other place. Their "gourmet" burgers are pretty fucking swell user.

Chide me all you want at least i'm getting somewhere in comparison to before.

>GETTING SOMEWHERE

WHATS YOUR PROGRESS SO FAR OP?

It's pasta

>8258606
Im not OP

Food portions have been getting smaller.
Lost about 2kg
Breaking away from a sugar addiction.
Realizing non-greasy and non-sugary foods can taste just as good.

Are you okay? Is your caps lock permanently stuck? Autistic?

Meant for

All of this is easily remedied by using LESS BREAD/wheat. Could easily replace buns on a burger with protein rich portobello mushs. Pizza used to be thinner and imo thin crispy pizza is infinitely better

I had a friend like that and then he got a collapsed lung from being so tall and skinny

>20 years ago
nah this is 96 size on the right.

Fat may or may not make you fat. Carbs may or may not make you fat. You can have a healthy diet with most of your calories coming from either one. Unless you have extreme tendencies, just focus on cutting back your overall calories while getting at least some fat and getting a reasonable amount of nutrition and vitamins

I know what you're doing and you're a bad person for it

>It just has more sugar added to give it a brown color

The cheap shit, maybe, but real whole wheat bread is brown from bran.

>used to have to fight my weight
>had to eat under 1400 cals a day
>hungry all the time
>move to bike friendly area
>start cycling everywhere
>also start doing more sports
>suddenly can't eat enough
>binging on tons of stuff and maintain or slowly lose weight

Literally just leave your house once in a while. America's car addiction makes it fat. Cycling: free, gets you in shape, no waiting in traffic, no stress, no insurance to buy (good goy), repairs cost like $50 tops at your LBS, maintenance is so easy even a woman can do it, aesthetic as fuark, free parking, can even chain it to a streetsign or tree or fence if all the posts are taken.

I'm 120. There exist non-fat females if you move out of Missouri. No, wait, please stay there.

Ever go to starshit? Some "coffees" there have easily 600 calories. Each pump of syrup is 40-50 cals, I've seen people get 18 pumps of syrup in one drink. I've seen people get the whole thing made with half and half ("breve"). But if they get plain coffee they NEED splenda because sugar is bad amiright? A packet of sugar has like 15 calories, and two is enough for even a large if you aren't a disgusting cow. So a cup of coffee with full cream and sugar has like 50 cals. But nooooo gotta get that vanilla latte for 300-400. Personally I only drink tea or water, sometimes milk.

No also that chart for calories lost is shit just stop eating refined carbohydrates and sugars eat fats and protein im not even joking eat like dogs and cats and most animal's there bodies are always in ketosis

Fats removes stored fat you cuck he needs to stop eating carbohydrates from grains also beans are trash protein they just convert to sugar fats cause your body to start burning the stored fat but fats like soybean cause you to store bellyfat fats that come from coconuts animals and some fruits are good

Is this one long run on sentence really true?
...nah.

>120lb manlet
>just bike everywhere bro!

Go home europe, you're drunk.

It clearly states it's female.

>tfw ate two entire medium domino's pepperoni and pineapple pizzas and still didn't feel full

when will this meme end

No, they say they're 120, and then make reference to non-obese females.

2 KILOS IS A NOTABLE IMPROVEMENT. I AM NOT AUTISTIC I AM MERELY /LOUDPOSTING/ I WISH YOU GOOD TIDINGS AND FORTUNE IN YOUR ENDEAVERS.

You're right. It must be a skinwalker.

Where the fuck are they getting the information on portions and calories today compared to 20 years ago?

fats are good, carbs are bad. Thats not a keto, just dont eat so much fucking carbs.

>fats are good, carbs are bad
Atkins pls go

You need fat. You need carbs. You need protein. What you don't need is ridiculous amounts of all three in everyfuckingmeal, which is what most people consider a normal diet.

>eat like dogs and cats and most animal's there bodies are always in ketosis
nope

I gained weight in college but now am a healthy weight and have been for about 5 years. My rule is that I eat a small but filling breakfast and lunch, a larger dinner that is mostly protein+fat and maybe some carbs. Since my intake over the day is low, I can eat dessert/sweets at night without any issues. I basically use dessert/snack as my motivation for eating healthy during the day, and it's been working out for me well. I think "if I get a breakfast sandwich today then I can't have a candy bar at night" and the candy bar usually wins so I go with full fat yogurt or meussli for breakfast.

Also
>inb4 vapefag
Without even trying I lost ~5 lbs when I switched from cigarettes to vaping. With vaping you can satisfy any craving for sweet food or drink you can think of. You can vape any e-liquid without nicotine, though I do use nicotine so that could very likely contribute to the curbing of my appetite. I suspect the decadent flavors are the primary cause though.

111 lbs here we do exist.

It's referring to the difference, you dolt. Your base metabolism is the same whether you eat the smaller or the larger portion.