Turducken

I want to make a turducken for Christmas Veeky Forums.
I was thinking about a big sous vide and then broiling it to crisp the skin. what do you think?

bump

Turducken to me is like hyphenated names. PICK ONE YOU FUCK.

Turducke is extremely overrated. Don't do it. The only reason to do it is for technical prowess and bragging rights, and there are way, WAY more delicious things that take as much or more skill to make, most also look much more appetizing than cramming three birds into each other.

OP trust me just don't bother. If you want to have variety for Christmas just make a regular Turkey with stuffing, a beef wellington (Gordon Ramsys is actually delicious) and maybe some pan roasted chicken breasts served with sauteed mushrooms over the top. Turducken is overrated as fuck.

Go for it. I was going to try deboning a turkey, rolling it up and cooking it sous vide. Don't have a sous vide tool but I've done it on the stove top before with just a pot of water.

just make each bird into it's own loaf and deep fry them. Turducken is a gamey flavor muddled clusterfuck, much more impressive visually than flavor wise

This sounded a lot cooler in your head than it did on the internet.

If you've never had I don't see why not. My family tried it once and never again. The flavors are all over the place and does not do the meats justice. In my opinion, the birds would be better prepared on their own.

Do yourself a favor and try deep frying a turkey. You'll never want to do it any other way.

A turducken is a novelty. I guess try it once to get it out of your system, but don't break it out for the first time on Thanksgiving.
Maybe for a Christmas dinner when less focus is on the meal.

I don't give a shit about your opinion.

looks like you really hit home with that one

>your opinion to me is like hyphenated names
>I get visibly upset when you bring mine up

make sure it's frozen first so that it cooks evenly.

WHITE TRASH detected. Time to eat mayo and white bread sandwiches honkies

NIGGER TRASH detected
Go eat your welfare checks and single mothers

Take several chicken breasts, filet them, sew them into a pillow.
Stuff with stuffing.
Sew closed.
Wrap in bacon.
Filet and sew together turkey breasts. Insert bacon-wrapped chicken and stuffing inside.
Football of meat without any bones, waste, and one hell of a horror show.

Haha nope not black try again

No one called you black.

Try again.

>Nigger trash
What does this imply?

That you're a shitty human being, has nothing do do with skin color.

that you're a nigger

Turducken is good but it really is an absolute mother fucker unless you're buying de boned birds.
has the right idea. having 3 full birds just looks better and offers a variety. Not to mention you can season each differently.

But if you're set, then go for it. get that butcher's twine and go to work

If your going to go to the effort of making turducken don't half ass it. Deep fry that bitch instead of broiling to finish it off so you get the crispiest skin possible.

So you boiled your turkey

Quail

no you dunce, I'm going to vacuum pack it and control the water temp with the stove on low.