What are some good resources to learn Probability Theory and Statistical Inference?

What are some good resources to learn Probability Theory and Statistical Inference?

I've been using book in pic, it's good for understanding concepts but it does not go deep at all.

I'm looking for something up until, and including the 5th chapter of Casella & Berger (more is also good)

If someone would give me material that also teaches R, that would be ideal

Other urls found in this thread:

hidden-city.net/en/people/nev/solo/19/__reviews_____books_____science___manga_guides_series.html
books.google.nl/books?id=1xMbZwlqihkC
search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&scope=site&db=nlebk&db=nlabk&AN=527286
amazon.com/Differential-Equations-Shepley-L-Ross/dp/0471032948/
amazon.com/Differential-Applications-Historical-International-Mathematics/dp/0070575401/
amazon.com/Ordinary-Differential-Equations-Arnold/dp/0262510189/
onlinestatbook.com
mega.nz/#F!oNpyGQIK!2ZXTboTEjbAnxh9tfp5DpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is huge propability guide on propability will make you percieve things wrong...

Its probale if you find real scars on planet by the energetic industry you will be deleted by farmaceutical one...

bump

The manga guides taught me more than lectures. But the stuff taught before the new chapters begin are all weird and notation is abused as fug. You're better off referring to books that focus on applications on the topics taught at the very end.

wtf, that manga guide to statistics is a real thing? And there's also a linear algebra version? the hell...

Weeaboos huh

Yes they exist, and there's more too (like physics, but that one only covers classic mechanics). You can find PDFs of them with vector graphics online

>but that one only covers classic mechanics

As it should. Popsci that jumps to string theory is fucking trash.

But it's not popsci lol. I for sure wouldn't trust a book that covers CM and E&M all in one volume.

>but it does not go deep at all.

Of course not, those are just introductory books. You have to take it beyond that. Their caveat is that they are in a format that is more engaging to learn.

See pic.

The Art Of Probability by Hamming
Introduction to Probability by Bertsekas and Tsitsiklis
A First Course in Probability by Ross
An Introduction to Probability and Random Processes by Rota and Baclawski

Thanks a lot!

The Manga Guide to Category Theory when?

thanks, I got my Physics PhD. thanks to this

How am I supposed to concentrate if they keep flashing their panties?

Is the content in these books factual correct, or is it the usual Japanese anime physics jargon? I have a hard time believing Japan is capable of teaching proper subjects without throwing in ridiculous cringeworthy shit or just plain out wrong stuff.

It is correct. They just create a funny story around the content in order to motivate it.
>Oh no! I just became a princess in charge of managing a small country and the first order of business is organizing information. How will I manage?!
>Hello, I'm a magical fairy who happened to overhear your plight. I will teach you about a form of magic called database management systems (DBMS).
>etc..

lol, I could actually see that working out with their format.

They're actually quite good for introductory overview and primer of the subjects they cover. It's not popsci at all.

>used the manga guide to physics to review for ap physics c in high school without taking the class
>got a five
>friends ask how
>is too ashamed to say

>lol, I could actually see that working out with their format.
If we meme hard enough, it will happen.

Fucking what?

Manga Guide to Fourier Analysis when?

hidden-city.net/en/people/nev/solo/19/__reviews_____books_____science___manga_guides_series.html

But seriously does anyone know where to find the raws?

>mfw want to make a "The Manga Guide to Gauge Theories" but can't draw for shit

so much want

Introduces the topic with a comic

confused pretty anime girls makes a lot of dumb questions that a student would make

smart anime boy answers everything in the same way a professor would

and then the anime boy spergs out and it literally turns into a textbook

>and then the anime boy spergs out and it literally turns into a textbook
Story of my fucking life.
>engineer friend asks about how to prove that the discrete Fourier transform is unitary
>I say it's provable from looking at the explicit matrix form of the transform but the unitarity could be proved in a more general context that can be extended to the continuous case
>start getting into Banach spaces, completeness, graphs, dual-kernel theorem, etc.
>prove that a linear operator [math]F \in \mathcal{B}(B)[/math] on a Banach space [math]\mathcal{B}(B)[/math] defined as usual is unitary and is indeed an automorphism on the [math]C^*[/math]-algebra formed by [math](\mathcal{B},*)[/math] after a few pages of scribbling
>he looks at me like I'm some sort of wizard

>What are some good resources to learn Probability Theory and Statistical Inference?

I just have a hunch about this one.

you could buy it off amazon, search for マンガでわかるフーリエ解析

I'll check it out, thanks!

also you can check out the preview here

books.google.nl/books?id=1xMbZwlqihkC

if someone has an EBSCO account:

search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&scope=site&db=nlebk&db=nlabk&AN=527286

or if you go to:
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Pacific Oaks College
Saybrook University
Dallas Nursing Institute
The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law

This looks like a book thread.

So I loved my analysis texts (Pugh, Rudin, and Spivak), but I find topology and manifolds a bit boring.

Is there a nice rigorous book on real ODE's I can get?

Is there one for Galois theory? I still can't understand the shit out of it.

amazon.com/Differential-Equations-Shepley-L-Ross/dp/0471032948/

amazon.com/Differential-Applications-Historical-International-Mathematics/dp/0070575401/

Why are the Japanese so good at drawing cute girls in cute outfits? Why don't real life girls dress like that? I'd get an instant boner if I saw a girl wearing that in public.

amazon.com/Ordinary-Differential-Equations-Arnold/dp/0262510189/

onlinestatbook.com
The site has some simulations you can run which help to understand stuff

>cute girls doing cute category theoretical things
WANT

Here you have all The Manga Guide books excepting for Regression Analysis

mega.nz/#F!oNpyGQIK!2ZXTboTEjbAnxh9tfp5DpQ

>manga guide to rational trigonometry

Absolutely yes

danke user

Is there a manga guide to medicine?

late to the party

probablity doesn't exist. everything is 100% certain. why do you bother.

Take your pedophile cartoons back to this board is about science.

oh look who's back

Die, pedophile.

>being 50% right

i second that it would work well in their format, but only by way of the more general rule that it would work well in all formats