Who goes to their local grocery store deli and asks for a specific mass of processed...

Who goes to their local grocery store deli and asks for a specific mass of processed, American cheese when they could get baby swiss for the same price? Not only that, but most grocery stores have both yellow and white varieties of American cheese.

mate, the only difference between white and yellow american cheese is the color.

>Not appreciating the subtle variances and flavor profiles between the store brand and LOL American cheese

This is my thread now, get the fuck out

Why would you buy it at the deli rather than in slices?

I think everyone likes a slice of gold old american at midnight on a wednesday sometimes with a spicy pickel and maybe a little bit of coffee creamer

This poster really embodies good taste. Excellent pairings, my man.

fuck the USA

American cheese
swiss cheese
Italian sausage
French bread/toast

>Swiss, American, Sausage, French bread

Sounds like the basis of a fuckin awesome hoagie, bud

>American ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''cheese''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I do so eat shit and die.

AMERICAN CHEESE IS VERY TASTY ON A HAMBURGER. MAKE IT DOUBLE.

When you think of American cheese you need to delve deeper. All across the mid West there are artisan producers putting their heart and soul into their craft. Wisconsin claims to be the cheese capital of the world.
Move to the coast and you'll find all sorts of cheese producers big and small with a genuine passion for their produce.
And that's when you can sit back and laugh because all cheese made in the USA is objectively, fucking shit!

It's cheddar, it's just a mild cheddar.

God you fuckers are so pigheadedly pretentious around here.

>inb4 butthurt Amerifat

The geographically-superior food meme is the most annoying. Only Germany can make good sausage. Only Russia makes good vodka. Only Mexicans can cook pork and put it on a tortilla with cilantro and tomatoes. Only French landowners in a very special valley can make sparkling wine. Only Europeans can let milk curdle and solidify properly. Only Americans can concentrate 15,000 calories in six cubic inches.

You can make any kind of food properly anywhere. There are no real regional trade secrets in cooking anymore. Pic is unrelated to my argument.

No one claimed otherwise.
I prefer Cava over Champagne and think wódka is superior to vodka, but the fact remains extant; all cheese produced in the USA is objectively fucking shit.

>all cheese produced in the USA is objectively fucking shit

You have the palate of an 89 year old spinster.

He's also tasted the hundreds and thousands of different brands, types and local farmstands. Impressively thorough research, I say.

Does tillamook make real cheese or artificial? What brands should I avoid, I already know kraft

And I've been to outer space on a submarine.

How was it ?

>when they could get baby swiss for the same price?
They can't. The cheapest baby Swiss is over $7/lb on average while good American is $5/lb.

>Why would you buy it at the deli rather than in slices?
Because the slices are "singles" and look/taste like plastic. The "singles" are also why you think American cheese is uniformly bad. You've never had regular American cheese cut off a block.

The difference between "real cheese" and "cheese product" is whether or not the cheese has had anything added to it after the aging process. All American cheese, even the stuff at the deli, is a cheese product because it has had milk melted into it after the aging process. That's why it melts more readily, is softer, and is less stringy than other cheeses.

So all american made cheese is cheese product or all american cheese(the type like cheddar, parm. provo) is cheese product?

The type of cheese referred to as "American cheese" is always a processed cheese. There are plenty of non-processed cheeses produced in the USA.

Ok. Do you know if tillamook is a good brand for buying cheese or any other ones that are good? And which ones to avoid.

Like others have said, land o lakes american cheese is better than kraft singes. And american cheese is great for grilled cheese or hamburgers or mac and cheese.

>when they could get baby swiss for the same price
lol, why would you ever do this?

I actually think LoL is complate shit compared to my store brand. LoL texture is fine but almost tastes like butter, store brand is sharper by the faintest amount and way better

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D