Will brain transplants cure mental illness?

Will brain transplants cure mental illness?

No, you idiot. You'll be implanting someone else's perception into another person's body. Do you have any idea how disorientating that would be? Not to mention the original person would be dead from their cranial cavity being replaced.
0/10 bait, still replied.

the most effective cure for mental illness is still death, so yes, brain transplants would work

Nobody was talking about full transplants you retard.

You just replace the part that's malfunctioning.

Where's your "perception" and "consciousness" now ;^)

As OP, I was talking about full brain transplants.

> t. shitposter pretending to be OP

I am OP and I was talking about partial transplants.

Will be probably how robots take over the world,

Imagine just one transplant take over one brain, that person is now super genius and makes more transplants to take over more brains, those brains take over more and more until the entire world...

Looks like you're suffering from a split personality, OP. This is the only mental illness for which a partial transplant is not recommended, since it would only exacerbate the split.

t. Fag

I am op I was talking about full brain transplants but maping your old brain signals and shit onto the physical structure of the new one.

You're a fucking idiot. Most mental illness have little if any observable etiology related to the structure of the brain.

I wasn't aware that the fact that a healthy brain looks like an unhealthy brain means that they are functionally interchangeable.

A corrupted hard-drive looks just like a clean hard-drive. Does that mean that replacing one with the other won't fix your computer?

Mental illnesses rarely, if ever, can be isolated to an individual locus on the brain. They work in a tangled interplay between different regions. If you were to replace all of the affected parts (if you could even fucking begin to discern which parts those are), you might as well just go full on lobotomy.

That's why a full brain transplant with a healthy brain would be an effective cure.

Scientists believe that the formation of some mental illnesses lies in our DNA. So messing with our brains wouldn't change that.

A transplanted brain would have different DNA, retard.

all cells in your body have dna and they all interact with the brain, retard.

Mental illness genes in your foot aren't going to make you mentally ill, retard.

Yes

Everyone in this thread is a faggot except for me.

you don't understand that every cell in your body has the capacity to influence your mental state because dna is what determines what is produced and how much it produces. so yes the genes in your foot can contribute to causing mental illness.

>transplants
>cure

Transplants are not a cure. You have to take ultra powerful immunosuppressants for the rest of your life and even than you immune system eventually destroy the alien cells. Kidney transplants for example last up to around 10 years before you need a new kidney. And don't get me started on a very very high risk of cancer because now your immune system is shit

Then how about an immune system transplant to go with it?

>doubt.jpg