Kindle

Is a Kindle worth it ?

If you travel and don't want to take 2kg of books then yes
Also if you are looking for free books it's the way to go

Still worth it when i have an ipad ?

not sure, kindle's battery last longer (weeks) and I like the 'no light' thing, but I know some who don't

Not as much as a Kobo, but still yes.

Also if you like the convenience of having a dictionary always on hand. And the X-ray and Wiki features are nice too. It's spoiled me. I don't really want to read physical copies any longer.

yes

Yes and Amazon's case is really good.

Completely, if you read a lot is the way to go, if you read like 5 books a year stick to physical copies

I've never seen this thread before.

Threads like this are posted often. You must be new.

I'll take sarcasm for 500

Love my kindle. my local library has books that you can borrow on it for free. Also there's Kindle Unlimited for $10 a month where you can borrow a shit ton of books.

If you don't mind not having physical copies of your books it's the way to go.

Are you from Canada or something? Jesus.

That was some good bait or you're both simple.

Why doesn't it have two pages like a real book?

Convenience. It can fit in your pocket at the size it is right now.

yeah, i just got a new one(had some of the first few ones). i don't like reading on lit screens much so the eink is way better.

and yeah, you can just load up tons of books from the library or different sites super quickly and easily. and i even feel like i read faster, or just get through books quicker on kindle.

i got the kindle so i would stop buying so many books(unless i really want the paper copy and its cheap) so it also saves $.

>want to get a Kindle
>every model has a 6" screen
>nothing bigger

What do you mean your library lets you borrow digital books? How do I do this?

kindle DX.

Can you list some reasons why it's better than an ipad? I have an ipad, but I've been doing a bit of research on the kindle in case I want to buy one.

That's a little to big compared to what I'm used to working with. I'm sure my wife would love using something that big for a change.

Can you crack this so that you can put anything in any format on it and run Linux on it or whatever?

I had to send my dx to repairs 7, """seven""" times.
I gave up afterwards, its screen has got problems and will fail.

just get a normal fucking tablet

Eends on the model, you can hack certain things and change os but defeats the purpose. This is a device kust for reading

yes and I download pdfs so I don't pay a cent to hack writers

It's lighter. It doesn't get hot. You're not blinded reading in bed at night. You don't get distracted by Safari / shitty freemium apps.

might be

I own an ipad and I still use Kindles. Once you've read on a nice e-ink screen you can't go back.

I'm happy for my kindle - even though I might buy a kobo next time because of ebook formats.

I rooted my kindle though and installed KoReader which is much more pleasant and customizable.
E-ink and the non-distraction is to favor.

Explain.
Considering getting an e-reader soon, so I need all the info I can get.

The kindle is a very "closed" device. You can't customize anything and are limited to ~7 shit fonts.
You can easily sideload new fonts on the kobo.
Furthermore with the kobo you can open ((EPUB, EPUB3, PDF, MOBI, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIFF, TXT, HTML, RTF, CBZ, CBR)) where on kindle it's limited to Mobi and PDF.
Until now I've converted the epub files (which is the most popular ebook file) to .mobi - however the convertion kind of ruins the formating. So a reader that can read epub by default is to prefer.