Girlfriend let me borrow these

Girlfriend let me borrow these.

Not enough, borrow her virginity too.

Nice.

Marry her

In what fairy tale universe do girlfriends read Gaddis?

Congrats, your gf is more patrician than me.

JR sounds really interesting. Going to buy a new book tomorrow, should I read this next?

>Gaddis

heard he was a hard read

where should i start and is JR a good place to start?

anything to read before him?

I actually have both of those editions.

> based Hou Hsiao-Hsien

right on, my man

JR is a good place to start. Maybe be familiar with guys like Weber and Marx. Although there's a Gaddis site which should help you out with that.

>let

Just about to post this.

OP schedule a doctors appointment asap, your testosterone is dangerously low

> I steal other people's books because I'm high-test!

No, you steal other people's books because you're scum.

Seconded

> Hou Hsiao-Hsien

I've seen The Boys from Fengkuei a few months back, there was an event at the Venice Film Festival where they showed the remastered movie - it was incredible. What do you reckon one should watch afterwards?

Cool OP, I borrowed Cioran's A Short History of Decay from my girlfriend's family library, cool stuff.

A City of Sadness and The Puppetmaster, along with A Time to Live...are usually considered his best. Summer at Grandpas is cozy as fuck. Goodbye South, Goodbye is also pretty good.

Edward Yang is great, A Brighter Summer Day is amazing, if you haven't seen it.

Thanks user, you are one helpful dude. Was just looking for something to see tonight.

I'm actually helping restore the Davis painting on the cover of Recognition currently.

Otherwise brilliant books

yes, you should both read J R. Might take a while to get used to the style, but once you do it's quite a ride.

>Penguin editions

Shoot her.

I think the implication of the Stirner pic is that the girlfriend and books are already his property and no one should be "letting" him do what he wants with them.

Or maybe you're right and the pic was simply meant to be derisive.

Assuming she's read them, your best bet is to propose immediately and hope that, despite your illiteracy, she says yes.

>women
>property

whew lad

Ordered ego and his own the other day, hype as a bitch for that motherfucker desu

You might be dissapointed.

It was both. "Let' implies that his girlfriend might have actually withheld them from him, which would be hilarious.

Why are these books so expensive on eBay?

Those editions are out of print now. You're pretty much stuck getting the Dalkey Archive ones now if you don't want to pay out the ass. Though I guess you could get lucky and find them at a used book store or estate sale or some shit.

>You're pretty much stuck getting the Dalkey Archive ones now

You say this like it's a bad thing. The Dalkey versions are of a far superior quality to your typical Penguin classic.

The book was out of print, they released a new run a few days ago actually.

>gf
>virginity

never change Veeky Forums

They're both paperbacks, just paper glued to paper.

>Penguin
Shit, pleb gf you have there. My gf would never touch such filth.

What's wrong with penguin?

They really aren't. I have some Dalkey Archive books and they're no better or worse than penguins.

Nothing. It's a meme.

I'd touch your girlfriend's penguin tbqh

Penguin is the China of publishers.

what does that mean?

>borrow

he other swinging dick gave them to her. Look, they haven't been touched.

You are being played, faggot.

Underestimated by ignorant, prideful westerners.

Anywhere I can cop J R online for not a ton of money? Managed to find The Recognitions at a used bookstore but have had no luck with J R

Have you tried getting a job instead of echoing your mothers demands?

Try thinking for yourself once.

since he wasn't very popular it's hard. i've been looking for hard covers of either, just to have, at used book stores for a long time now. don't think there was ever a very large circulation, so i wouldn't count on it.

I've seen used copies of the dalkey archive version on amazon for 13 bucks plus shipping which isn't too bad.

If you're going to watch A Brighter Summer Day just get ready for four hours of saddness. Still awesome though.

>Girlfriend
Nice b8