Why is he so insufferable?

Why is he so insufferable?

He's right you know.

He's right. It's time for the real sciences to dominate the planet, and let the meme sciences such as pic. related die.

republitards need not apply lol

Such country would be paradise...

Is that an endorsement of the Holocaust?

Can you provide sufficiently weighted evidence to prove his claims?

Because he's a smug liberal. He's just as annoying as the toothless conservative redneck spouting bullshit about the FEMA camps taking his guns away. He stands on a platform of science (and at least he is scientifically literate), but he isn't really actively contributing to science. He's a god damned pop-scientist.

Ok but authoritarians actually do want to disarm the citizenry

And who is to judge that evidence ? Who can we find that we know for sure that won't be corrupt, bribed and biased like the judges and prosecutors ?
I'm thinking of robots, but then it's technocracy and we give all our power to Skynet, which is a good idea.

That makes no sense

Don't you mean euphoric :^)

Because new atheists are highly autistic

kill this nigger

>Because he's a smug liberal

New atheists come in both far right and far left flavors. See

kinda does, he's saying as we discover more, we learn how much more there is to discover. i guess its his way of explaining dunning krueger (sp). the question wants to know why we can't just say "we have discovered 15% of everything to know about space" - the answer, in needlessly complex language, is that the definition of "everything" keeps expanding.

Define 'nigger'

Nigger = Engineer

he's an physicist

And it's called Reddit XD

>Why is he so insufferable?

Because he is profoundly arrogant and self-righteousness, bereft of humility and tact.

Because it turns out he's an asshole :

From reddit:

We were a small college club with around 10 members and on a whim one of our members emailed tyson's agent to see if we could book him. We found out it would cost 40k (it raised to 50k in December of that year where I think it still might be) for his speaking fee plus expenses to have him come to our college for 1 day where he'd host a small lecture, a press meeting, dinner with up to 6 people, and the main lecture and a book signing time permitting. We decided to go for it, and spent a year where our club exclusively worked on bringing him in. When he arrived, myself and others introduced ourselves and our fields of study. He went after first of us in humanities or soft sciences pretty much relentlessly from the get go. We're all used to the philosophy major working at McDonald's joke, but he wasn't trying to be funny, and spent the ride from the airport making repeated comments about the uselessness of our majors. Additionally he spent about 5 minutes trying to show that logic was stupid but he was citing logical rules and Occam's razor. The small lecture was him bragging about how famous he was, and how easy it is to pull yourself out of poverty or etc. The dinner was for leaders of other clubs so helped us raise money. He took the piss out of how one student held her fork, and was impossibly smug when giving advice to physics students. The main event was a terribly boring lecture consisting of fart jokes and fan service; teasing the upcoming TV series he was in and not much else. He spent a quarter of the time reading Sagan's blue dot, which is nice but shouldn't have cost us because it wasn't his material. The whole affair cost nearly 85k. The additional money being for locations, personnel, air fare, Tyson's hotel, catering, etc. We all decided he was an ass hole. I'd never want to spend 16 hours with a celebrity again.

Science itself. The scientific method is used to advance science and create technology for one reason: it works.

He's right on this, but he is insufferable. I used to like him much more than I do now.

Whats wrong with that statement in ths pic?

Holy shit.

He's the designated Science Obama, and he has no term limits.

Policy requires motivation, which is varied.
For example, it was slaveholder policy not to teach blacks to read. There was clear evidence that discontented workers read and write political pamphlets, organise rebellions more efficiently, understand the logistics required to feed an army, etc.

You need to be very pampered indeed to believe that everyone is in agreement with your well-being.

He appeared in Zoolander two, and spoke the phrase "...Because I'm Neil Degrasse Tyson... Bitch!"
That's when I realized not only was he overhyped, but that he really was arrogant, and this wasn't entirely a joke.
No self respecting Scientist or thinker would ever jump at the chase to act in such a way, even as a joke.
He's part of the "Nod Squad"; celebrity scientists and authorities that just repeat well known facts and concepts and act like they're better than others, regardless of how often they're wrong or cycling in well known childish fallacies.

Current Nod Squad Members:
- Neil Degrasse Tyson
- Michio Kaku
- Bill Nye
- Brian Greene
- Richard Dawkins
- Michael Shermer
- Lawrence Krauss

Before I'm accused of bias, I am an atheist who has enjoyed some of their peddling in the past.

>mfw this is actually true

>Richard Dawkins
Pretty sure non of those people made a significant impact on their respective fields like he has. Sure, he can be a bible-thumping atheists, but at least he is a real scientist.

see

So now reddit is an accurate source of information?

>- Lawrence Krauss
kill yourself desu

Yes.

All these morons don't understand that "rationality" is based off emotion and desire.
They also don't understand that even the most meticulous and careful analysis and design is GUARANTEED to be wrong.

It's like all these morons that are into economics. Rational agents are a shitty construct and you can't really make this work.
What is "rational" depends on arbitrary assumptions.