Is fake satoshi right that Lightning Network is dead on arrival?

Is fake satoshi right that Lightning Network is dead on arrival?

Attached: file.png (1272x952, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0895717705001639
lnmainnet.gaben.win/
youtube.com/watch?v=5SJm2ep3X_M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Gateway_Protocol
coingeek.com/sgi-craig-wright-untold-story/
en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_size_limit_controversy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: file.png (1252x580, 107K)

If Craig is so smart why does he prove that P=NP. If P=NP is ever proven you can all kiss good bye your privacy.

not all his criticisms are right, but yes lightning is bad.
If everyone in america were to open a channel, it would take an entire year for the channels to open.

craig also conveniently excludes the part where bcrash does nothing to solve this either.

it sounds like the routing problem has been solved, but there's nothing that can solve the liquidity problem without centralization.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0895717705001639

big if true

Attached: file.png (1236x1100, 230K)

afaict he is 100% fine with gigabyte+ blocks
sorta surreal to conceptualize

by "the liquidity problem" are you referring to the potential for bank runs?

Post counterargument, not ad hominem. Otherwise you're the retard

you will either be limited in connectivity (can't connect to who you want to pay), or you will be limited in the amount of funds you can transfer to them.

It's a design tradeoff with shared addresses.

lnmainnet.gaben.win/

take a look at the graph. pick two random nodes imagine you want to send 1 BTC from you to them.

now realize every single hop along the way requires 1 BTC in address room to move over.

Now also notice the only way people are connected are through central hubs. How the fuck is a central hub going to have 1 BTC in liquidity in it's 100 outgoing channels?

It's not dead, it was supposed to be a centralized network from the beginning.

Why is he saying that the lightning solution means N=NP? I am failing to see the link here without serious mental gymnastics.

he thinks the routing algo generalizes to sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0895717705001639

How does bcash solve this?

in English, doc

Attached: harrisonfordkotcs.jpg (600x338, 25K)

simpler topology + unbounded block size

so should i switch my btc to bch? honest answers pls. i mean bitpay adding bch is pretty huge right?

If BCH were to have a fraction of VISA's users, (4000 tps), it would cost an additional $1050 in hard drive space every year.
And starting an opening sync with a new node would start to take months.
nano.

ok? that's still Wright's goal afaict

IS this faggot still LARPing as Satoshi? LNao

youtube.com/watch?v=5SJm2ep3X_M

>bcrash does nothing to solve this either
Except the on-chain bandwidth is much higher so it'd take much less time to open channels...

>routing problem has been solved
It's be solved in the sense that it's using basically en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Gateway_Protocol
Which isn't decentralised, isn't private and there are no strong disincentives to play nice.

ARE YOU SERIOUS

SERIOUS?

THAT GUYS A FRAUD.
MODIFIED HIS BLOG TO MENTION CRIPTOE

BCASH IS OVER THEIR NODES FAKE AMAZON SHITE

HIS TWEETS IRRELIVENT CRAP

Attached: 1519610282181.jpg (720x736, 32K)

honestly i think he could be satoshi, but i ultimately dont care. i learn a lot from him.

tx throughput is not the scaling problem. bitshares can do 10k "tps".
storage space is the biggest bottleneck.
bcrash isn't trying to do lightning lol
i forget the name but there's a github outlining the heuristics they use to pick a path

I don't like fake satoshi too much, but LN is absolutely broken as a concept. It simply cannot work, otherwise Bitcoin (as a whole, as a system) would be telling a different story already.

Everyone knows LN is a failure.

It's totally not disingenuous to imply that all 7 billion people on planet Earth will all use Bitcoin at once in the near future.

this argument is dumb. dozens of companies, including steam have tried to accept bitcoin.
They dropped it because of transaction fees.
Of course no one is going to use bitcoin in the near future because it doesn't work.
If it did, it could grow rapidly.

it's not like businesses have never heard of it and are unwilling to make more money.

How does Lightning works -> P=NP?

no he is real satoshi
and yes he is right

No, you should buy eth because of plasma cash.
It's insane how superior eth is starting to be.

it doesn't.

THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS AND THIS

If my Penis is No Penis??? what

miners can and are manipulating nodes
ln devs can't fix it because they don't think manipulation is possible
its not dead on arrival its a death of bitcoin

then you're a fucking tranny and should kill yourself immidiatly before your reach middle age and become even more uggly then you're
only cute boys with intact genitalia are allowed.

yea but vitalik can change the blockchain. remember he went back and gave people their money back from DAO hack

and threatened to do everything in his power to sabotage gab.ai

>it would cost an additional $1050 in hard drive space every year.
miners make more than $1050 each block
>starting an opening sync with a new node would start to take months.
opening new nodes could be easy and fast by distributing hdd's pre-loaded with a recent blockchain

Payment channels on traditional blockchains are a dead end.
The ultimate solutions for true p2p payments will use either pruned block lattices (NANO or future evolutions/forks thereof), MimbleWimble-type chains (GRIN), or zero-knowledge proof based blockchain pruning (Ethereum and Tezos long term scale ability plans).

satoshi predicted that miners would eventually be running server farms within LANs.. why is pruning needed?

Because then it’s no longer peer to peer or trustless.

Idk if he's right cause i never gave much of a fuck during my theory of computation class (i just remember that we're fucked if someone proves P = NP) but if Lightning Network was such a retarded idea that it can be dismantled in two tweets why would they have spent years trying to implement it

that weasel is obviously hiding something

like seriously let alone the fact the dumb cunt tried to lie about being satoshi, he even tried to lie about his degrees lmfao

"Wright claimed to have a PhD in computer science from Charles Sturt University on his LinkedIn profile. But the university told Forbes that it only awarded him two master's degrees and not a doctorate.[21]"

avoid this faggot like the plague

its all quite weird. e.g. coingeek.com/sgi-craig-wright-untold-story/
wright maintains that he has 18 degrees and is going on his 4th doctorate presently.

afaict from his writings and interviews he is in fact a genius. for all i know he deliberately flubbed his claim to be satoshi in order to throw people off. either that or he was treated so poorly afterwards that he decided he'd rather not be bitcoin's godhead.

HE IS REAL SATOSHI, QUIPS PROVE IT.

dunno if he failed the exam but found this

Attached: file.png (1054x887, 1.07M)

>shortest path is the TSP according to Wright
laughing_djikstra.png

Thanks Roger Ver, just bought 10k Bee Cache

Attached: 1518765636925.jpg (800x800, 165K)

I don't know about genius, at the end of the day Bcash is nothing but a garbage ass fork whose entire solution so far is going to bitcoin.c and changing int block_size to whatever and calling it a day. If he was such a legend he would probably come up with something actually good.

He's def a smart dude but he's shady as fuck. Considering we're dealing with shit where you can get exit scammed in just a few mins, I'd just avoid him to stay safe.

It's not like the other figures inspire any confidence either. Roger Ver is another slimy dude who looks straight out of an infomercial. and lastly we have Jihan Wu who is a smart chink who figured out mining is where it's at and can do whatever the fuck he pleases with how much mining power he has.

avoid avoid avoid avoid bitcoin cash if you know what's good for you. theres tons of other good projects without the baggage those faggots have that can give you the same gains as bch

interesting actually, what the fuck did all that media use as a source to say his phd is fake then?

did you read my link coingeek.com/sgi-craig-wright-untold-story/ ?

i dont know what the fuck is going on

He has a professional doctorate not a phd

yeah i read that, biggest part that threw me off was the author saying that they called csu and they confirmed the validity of the phd, which made go ???? then what did the other media report on?

idk, shit is weird, and because of that, i'd stay away

Peter Rizun is definitely the guy to listen to on scaling. He's actually experimenting with this stuff, not doing armchair masturbations.

Lightning Network is a joke and basically designed as a 'trustless' but ultra-fragile system. It will take years before you can put any faith in the software and you will always be at risk of having your giant hot wallet hacked.

Craig Wright is a wild-brained scammer who was caught red-handed editing his 2008 blog post to make it look like he was involved in bitcoin dev. He is smart but also incoherent and overall a burden on BCH.

unrelated: in his interview with vin armani he mentions that he'd been working in gaming for internet poker companies in 2006, when many such businesses were destroyed by the US government banning its citizens from participating by fiat. the ban was implemented by preventing payment processors from sending the money. bitcoin was disclosed november 1 2008 and he mentioned that he'd been working on it for 18 months prior to going public.

an angry craig wright deciding to strike back at the government via the same way it hurt him would seem apropos, and the timing works out...

>called csu and they confirmed the validity of the phd

that's not even possible due education privacy laws. it's entirely possible they said "we've never heard of this person." that's what we're trained to do after all

>Bcash is nothing but a garbage ass fork whose entire solution so far is going to bitcoin.c and changing int block_size to whatever and calling it a day.
The main fork feature is in fact political: wresting control away from psychos like Greg Maxwell. The block size increase had been requested YEARS ahead of time.

well i dont know if they did or not, im just saying thats what the author of the article claims

Duh but this means P=NPayy

also, can we expect a ten-year anniversary surprise this november 1?

yeah I read that in fact before most devs working on bitcoin didn't oppose increasing the block size

can you explain why that radical change in mentality happened?

Attached: file.png (1024x876, 147K)

Yes. Lightning requires routing things like in the internet but because you need the nodes in the path to have more btc than you, and the nodes are changing their balances too, there is no way to map the network and have it run like lightning. It only works in contrived tests.

>fake satoshi

Attached: unimpressed-satoshi.jpg (640x361, 107K)

Core could have nipped this civil war in the bud 9 months ago with a VERY modest 1mb blocksize increase but their inability to comprimise led us to the shitfest we have now.

Hard to say, I've only come in late to the game. There are lots and lots of places talking about the controversy.

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_size_limit_controversy

The worst part was the r/bitcoin and bitcointalk people using censorship techniques to get their way with small blocks.

i hate r/bitcoin, im sure the average iq there is easily under 80.

>why would they have spent years trying to implement it

Project cancellation happens all the time in business. Just because they've been working on it a long time doesn't mean the results are guaranteed.