I got really into smoking weed, at least once a day, for about 2 months...

I got really into smoking weed, at least once a day, for about 2 months. Now it's been 7 days since I last smoked but I still have this horrible brain fog that I feel is holding me back from reading like I used to. I just can't concentrate and I feel like I'm getting less out of what I read. I hate it and I regret smoking so much weed.

Has anyone else gone through this? How long did it last? Is this forever?

nah you'll be alright dude.

Nah it'll shift. Don't worry.

Weed is for plebians. Like alcohol. You can still recover from it, though. No worryes.

It won't be forever, dude. Get out of town for a week or so just go get your mind focused on something else, if you have the means to do so. Start exercising. You'll get back to baseline.

lol

No, the fog will lift. You'll be all right.

I smoked almost every day for a couple years, mildly schizophrenic and dopamine brain for a bit, just get your exercise do creative mind sharpening things with rigor. It takes maybe a month for the chemicals to flush

lol u fucken pu$$y, smoking weed is good for you fagggot, it cures cancer and its way better than alcohol, fuck yeah dude i get twisted every day

Try "not smoking", lightweight.

(hops onto harley, turns head around slowly, looks at you through dark sunglasses)

And another thing, kid.

(lights hefty joint of Hawaiin Haze)

Leave the toking to the real men.

(peels off into the sunset laughing maniacally)

Am I the only one who gets immersed better into my books? What the fuck is brain fog

brain fog is feeling tired all the time because you're sedentary, prone to drinking, smoking, pulling all nighters etc.

For me brain fog is literally just that. Fog is to your vision what brain fog is to your thoughts.

Howdy Thomas

haven't you seem that commercial with the brain made of wires and once you start doing weed they start snipping and cutting wires. your brain is fried man. you will never get that shit back. drugs are bad mmmmkay. there's a reason your not supposed to do them.

Give it another week before its out of your system. Maybe add a little cranberry juice to your diet and pick up some cardio to speed things along. Weed has about a two week come down after quiting that leaves me foggy as well.

Also everyone should be taking fish oil.

your brain shrinks a little when you stop. not a lot, just a little. if you yo-yo on and off, this will accumulate. either stop entirely or never quit. stopping entirely is the only option that isn't supply dependent.

After you stop for a while it takes some time to adjust, but it never goes all the way back to normal. I smoked pretty much erryday for like three years, and I feel like I lost a lot, not like intelligence, because I wasn't very smart to begin with, but like mental acuity, as in powers of evocation, comprehension, retention, and interpretation.

You should stop for good.

Did you read and with focus when you were smoking?

If you didn't, I think it fairly plausible that your current inability has more to do with your mind being inactive for so long than any direct effect of the drug.

drink hard liquor when you smoke and everything in your life will be great, nothing bad will happen anymore

I felt the same Op. I didn't start smoking consistently (daily or at least 5 times a week) til I was 19. I didn't mind reading when stoned but damn it made me stupid and slow...

I had terrible withdrawals when I would quit smoking that left me angsty, sleepless, no motivation, and in general emotionally unstable. And when I would smoke daily I felt off until I smoked

I found I could either smoke once or twice a week or get some fun withdrawals. So I quit smoking. Found other drugs that I don't want to daily but still can enjoy

Smoke less or become dumber and slower and enjoy your pot. Or just quit smoking altogether, if you ask me it's quite overrated

Source?

I posted a thread asking what people thought of Against the Day and got 12 replies in a row about how I need to form my own opinions, etc. Yet this is literally "I smoked too much weed and now I can't think right. Will I be ok? Oh and I read also." Fuck you guys.

i'd have to look it up, but a lot of people use the same source as the basis of the idea "marijuana shrinks your brain".

usually what happens is that thc use improves connectivity while decreasing grey matter while you're on it long term: this means that your brain is getting more efficient, but can be read as "omg it says i'm using less brain i must be getting dumber".

the problem with stopping is that you lose the connectivity, which does mean you're getting dumber because you're not using a smaller area more efficiently, you're just using a smaller area.

It sounds like nothing a walk in the sun and fresh air wouldn't sort out.

Fugg

This only really applies to heavy use though, right? If I start smoking again but only intermittently this won't apply to me?

I think this is one of the very, very few times in my life where I can recommend someone to read Infinite Jest.

sounds like complete bullshit to me

i don't know if they've done a similar study with intermittent use, but it should be easy to find the study to see their definition of "heavy use" if you want to make yourself your own experiment.

weird, i find reading fun when im high (fiction, at least. non fiction can be a bit of a challenge)

and i've gone many periods of smoking daily for months and have yet to experience brain fog.

sorry man don't know what to tell ya

I had the exact same problem, I went to the doc, turned out i had thyroid problems, soon as i got on the meds, bam. brain fog completely gone. go to the doc, tell him how you feel, ask to get a full blood analysis and feel better about it after.

Currently experiencing brain fog. Probably has something to do with my being so stressed. It'll pass-- hopefully. Forcing myself to read at this point.

I took fish oil a long time ago, but stopped for some reason. Can you tell me the benefits of it?

>Veeky Forums - literature

anyway it's not forever.

go run.
drink lots of water.
drink coffee
eat healthy
sleep well

you'll be fine

t. smoked weed almost daily for ~4yrs