Anyone ever tried or cooked marijuana edibles? Post your experiences with them

Anyone ever tried or cooked marijuana edibles? Post your experiences with them.

>pic related

CAN YOU PLEASE STOP POSTING THIS THREAD. THE OTHER ONE IS STILL UP. FUCK.

You seem upset.

personally havent but some guidelines are ~1 gram per person you are serving, grind it and cook it in butter.
You then use the butter to bake whatever.

>thinking stoners check the catalog

FAIR POINT

I AM NOT UPSET. I AM MERELY /LOUDPOSTING/

OP here, pic related is what I smoked last night with my wife. If anyone's wondering, that's Purple Kush and Moroccan pressed hash on the table there. Shit pipe, I know, I'll be upgrading to glass soon.

NOBODY CARES. CK IS AN ANTI-DRUG BOARD.

I made my own cannabutter and i thought it came out pretty good until i made brownies. I ate one and had a adequate high. The next day i had one and nothing happened. 2 days later i had a piece and i was speaking to the earthmother for hours. It was like a delicious russian roulette.

>calling marijuana a drug

Get out. NOW.

Peanuts kill more people than marijuana does. I bet you call peanuts a drug too, you little underage turd.

Trying to defend the use of Marijuana using false equivalence is stupid.

I understand that Marijuana has its applications for medical use, but if you're getting your kicks by smoking weed and you're addicted to the stuff to the point where you it eat to get high you're a pothead, nuff said.

>Fedora tipping intensifies

Peanuts don't give people phycosis

>does not advocate marijuana use
>fedora tipper

Not user, but pick one.

DUDE

>give people phycosis

But marijuana tends to make you spell "psychosis" correctly, even though there's never been a medically documented case of marijuana induced psychosis.

Suggest you get your information from sources other than the movie, "Reefer Madness."

So you smoke weed AND own a fedora? What a loser.

>Implying straight edge faggots aren't fedora tippers
I don't even smoke weed but someone who gets that triggered about it is obviously an autist

It does not take a rocket scientist to see that anything that has an effect on mental and physical capabilities, over the long term, is bad for one's health. The key is moderation, but potheads have deluded themselves into thinking that it's actually healthy because it's "all natural, maaan".

Weed has been known to cause schizophrenia

Just because you're too lazy to do the research doesn't make it not true

T. Smoker

>It does not take a rocket scientist to see that anything that has an effect on mental and physical capabilities, over the long term, is bad for one's health.

I'm not saying that marijuana is healthy but this is an unsubstantiated and nonsensical claim.

As you have your sixth beer...

Actually it triggers it in people that already have it. The good thing about that is by bringing the illness to light early, the person would get treatment sooner.

Source? My psychoactive drugs prof failed to mention this

You can use peanut butter to mix and bake with, but it has to be organic (or at least without hydrogenated oils or something like that)

His ass. He doesn't even understand the difference between correlation and causation.

I don't know senpai, but the most people I met in psychiatry under the age of 30 had either depressions or schizophrenia caused by smoking weed on a daily basis.

Yeah. Made rice crispy treats with them. The high is different for sure. Like a total body high

Really? You sure their weed wasn't laced?

>caused
Theres that word again
It was confirmed unrelated to genetics?
Weed smokers are confirmed to have a higher rate of schitzo than non smokers?

*votes to legalize marijuana*

>caused by smoking weed on a daily basis

I would argue they had the psychosis or schizophrenia long before, and the smoking "daily" was an attempt at self medication and I know psychiatrists that would back me on that assertion.

Do you think there's a correlation between autism and schizophrenia/psychosis?

Idk, but I think there's a correlation between posts like yours and idiocy.

Did I hit a nerve?

oh snap

It's a chicken-and-the-egg situation that requires more research.

I stopped smoking/eating weed because, after 10+ years of moderate-heavy use with some long periods of disuse, I had an intense anxiety attack that lasted for 2-3 days.

No difference in the weed, the amount, stress level, etc. I never had an anxiety attack or anything like that before. It was fucked up and scared me straight, I've smoked maybe three times since then (4 years ago), it was awful.

I never understood people with anxiety or depression, I always thought you had some control over your feelings. Feeling that anxiety made me empathize with people with mental problems, because man that was fucked. It was purely irrational and I couldn't use logic to get out of it.

Since then, I've met several people who had the same experience, a couple who basically had a month of severe anxiety. All of them were long-term users and had a similar situation as I did.

What lead you to think that the weed was the cause of your anxiety attack?

Any causal proof or is this a false correlation?

>Any causal proof or is this a false correlation?
How could I possibly provide causal proof?

I got high, ran around with my dog for a bit, then felt a massive wave of anxiety that stayed with me for days. Never happened before and never happened since I quit.

>How could I possibly provide causal proof?
Then why make the conclusion you did if there is no proof?

Plenty of people smoke weed like mad and never have panic attacks.
Then you have other people who are complete teetotalers and have frequent and serious anxiety issues.

I can attest to the possibility of this. I was an all day/ everyday smoker for a good 5 years, never once had a problem. One day I hit the bowl as usual, got high as usual, then proceeded to fall into an anxiety attack that turned into a 3 month long pyschosis. For all intents and purposes, I was borderline schizo.

DUDE WEED LMAO

What sort of proof could a layman provide that would satisfy causal proof of Cannabis causing an anxiety attack?

You're reasoning is absurd. You might as well ask me to provide a citation because drinking coffee keeps me up at night.

I know my body and mind and I know that smoking caused the anxiety attack. I felt it come on and stem from the high. If you do not believe this or demand a double blind study consisting of 1,000 clones of myself with exact same experiences and epigenetic mutations then that's on you.

This is why I stopped smoking after my anxiety attack. I sometimes miss getting high, especially in the summer, but I'm not risking that again.

I know that feel. I used to love smoking but a couple years ago I hit a bong really hard. Had a coughing fit, then a few minutes later the weed hit me hard and I actually had a seizure. Had no idea it was possible, and it freaked me the fuck out. I imagine that I must have some underlying seizure disorder that had never been triggered before or since.

I've tried smoking since but it just makes me anxious. I worry about it happening again, and even if I'm not worried I feel short of breath. I don't know what the fuck happened but I really miss getting high. It just got legalized in my state and I can't smoke it. Oh well.

>What sort of proof could a layman provide that would satisfy causal proof of Cannabis causing an anxiety attack?

If the proof is so difficult to find then why make the conclusion at all? Why not consider than the panic attack was completely unrelated? Doesn't that seem like a much more likely explanation?

>>You might as well ask me to provide a citation because drinking coffee keeps me up at night.
They're not even close to the same thing. In the case of weed we have a situation in which you (and others) have smoked weed literally thousands of times with no panic attack. That seems like pretty strong evidence that the panic attack was not causal. On the other hand, with things like caffeine keeping people awake (or alcohol getting them drunk, etc.) the affect happens every time, not once in a million.

Basically we have the following situation:
You (and others) smoked weed thousands of times. One out of those thousand times a panic attack was involved. Isn't it logical to conclude that since 99.99% of the time there was NO panic attack, that it's probably not the weed that caused it? It would be a totally different story if you got panic attacks every time you sparked up. But the evidence seems to be pointing in the opposite direction.

Had the same experience the first time. I made it with some friends. The first day was pretty good, ate 2 brownies as we made smaller doses. The second day i ate 1 as i planned to drink later, i was wrecked the entire day and went to bed at 20:00

Really, a well reasoned argument and I'm not the poster of it, so this isn't samefagging.

Uh no, weed can randomly cause panic attacks depending on situation and etc.
I knew this girl who was the biggest stoner, smoked atleast 2-4gs a day and generally didn't give a fuck until one time with her shitty ex-bf she had a really bad time and had a severe anxiety attack on it despite doing it thousands of times before

Anxiety attacks on drugs are particular because you aren't sober so you get even worse ones, this can traumatize people

Even if smoking again isn't going to cause an anxiety attack theres still that experience, try to think of it like a bad trip

>make claim
>proof?
>lmao just believe me bro everything said on the internet is real
It's an single anecdote at best, it'd never hold up in court or a scientific paper for that matter.

>If the proof is so difficult to find then why make the conclusion at all? Why not consider than the panic attack was completely unrelated? Doesn't that seem like a much more likely explanation?
Because I am a human being with the ability to detect patterns and think critically. Events aren't considered stochastic in the absence of reproducible, replicated data.

There are many studies, albeit with flawed or correlative methodology, looking at Cannabis usage and anxiety.

According to your logic, a strong windstorm didn't fell a tree because it withstood windstorms hundreds of times before that.

I don't hope anyone to care about what happened to me in this case, just thought I'd put this out since it's related to the discussion.

>hang out with two dudes out of some work interview
>light up some and pass it over
>about 20 meters away from where I first hit it, mind starts blacking out, can barely articulate shit so just go 'fuck, dude', 'thats some shit' for no reason
>say goodbye to them, dudes don't seem like they're spacing out as hard, though they're definitely stoned
>suddenly hearing (or rather, imagining hearing something that I focused on at the time of being high, since I'm not schizo or anything) this weird gurgling noise
>decide to pay it no mind
>get home
>mom looks at me like 'how'd the interview go'
>I'm spacing out and feeling like living panicky shit at this point
>go upstairs, perhaps reading some shit about how to take this off will help
>go and take shower since that's supposed to help take it off according to some ganja discussion forum or some shit
>doesn't do shit, too tripped out to use soap or fucking wash hair anyways
>go to bed
>covered in sheets to my now wet hair, in the hopes that I'll jusy fall asleep and that I'll be fresh as new and overall just better once I wake up
>heart pumps so fucking hard I freak out I'm gonna have an attack or that it's gonna fucking blow
>head downstairs and sleep in the couch
>imagining myself having an argument with some dude, basically me telling him I won't ever do weed again and that everything I want in life will work out eventually or some retarded shit
>have this weird ass hallucination of me making out with some horny thicc Kobold shortstack as I caress her ass
>eventually fall asleep and wake up as fresh as ever

I still to this day have no idea what was in that shit. last three or four times I did weed it was nothing out of the ordinary, just that I would eventually leave my jaw hanging or walk around stupidly. all I recall that one time was 'fuck, I'm never doing this shit again'.

Get a load of this turd nugget, thinking he makes the rules.

There's as much anecdotal evidence out there about people whose anxiety and panic attacks were relieved by marijuana. In the situation you described, it's impossible to tell whether the drug caused the panic attack, triggered an an already existing underlying panic disorder, exacerbated it or was simply coincidental.

There's a paucity of good, unbiased research on the subject that's not funded by DEA, marijuana advocacy groups or the drug-testing laboratories. The latter has serious lobbying power and their industry is reliant on marijuana remaining an illicit substance.

>weed is amazing and anything bad about it is a lie

Okay, now I understand your perspective. I thought this too at one point, then I turned 18 and grew up.

>drug-testing laboratories
Provide some examples of studies related to Cannabis and health funded by such companies. I am somewhat dubious.

That's actually the opposite of my point. Its effects are not well understood and people tend to be divided into two camps: either it needs to be remained prohibited for the good of society or that everyone should partake in it.

It's far from harmless, but its current legal status makes it difficult to study objectively.

>have this weird ass hallucination of me making out with some horny thicc Kobold shortstack as I caress her ass
user.

[spoiler]did you bang[/spoiler]

I'm another example of a person who used to smoke daily for a number of years then had a couple of bad episodes resulting in full blown panic attacks while high. I don't blame weed for causing those attacks, but I know that it probably contributed to it.

It's a snowball effect. I would smoke and sometimes get anxious, which is a common enough side effect of weed. But I started hanging out with sketchy people and buying weed from possibly dangerous people so that fed into the paranoia. In just a few weeks of smoking under those conditions I experienced a full on panic attack when going to buy weed from this one guy. Thought he and his buddies were going to jump me for some reason. I'm sure the thought never crossed their mind, but it didn't matter at that time.

A couple of months later I smoked with brand new people at a party and got super spooked, felt a lot of unfriendly vibes, and had another panic attack. Actually thought I was having a heart attack and almost called an amublance. I'd always thought there was no way I would confuse the two, but I did. It's extremely convincing.

So, any time I tried smoking after that last incident I'd immediately feel anxious. My body is now wired to associate getting high with panicking. I've tried to work through it so I can enjoy a once favorite past time, but I've had little luck. Legalization is my only hope now because that'd reduce a lot of paranoia and also give me options of what to buy and from where. I can't wait for it to be a normal, regulated product.

>So, any time I tried smoking after that last incident I'd immediately feel anxious. My body is now wired to associate getting high with panicking. I've tried to work through it so I can enjoy a once favorite past time, but I've had little luck.
Exactly the same with me.

>Legalization is my only hope now because that'd reduce a lot of paranoia and also give me options of what to buy and from where. I can't wait for it to be a normal, regulated product.
The legality of weed isn't the problem with me, it's the fact that smoking caused a panic attack.

>get a 60 mg THC chocolate covered cherry for me and my gf to share
>no clue how to dose it
>end up splitting it in half
>playing video games for an hour or two with gf
>i'm getting really high, she isn't feeling it
>go get up to get food
>feels like i'm constantly falling forwards
>fug.jpg
>manage to hobble downstairs
>gf asks me what i want to eat
>realize i have to vomit
>throw up into my hand, run into the bathroom still vomitting
>commence 5 hour vomit session

I'm never doing edibles again.

I've only made firecrackers because they're the easiest.
Was insanely high the first time I made them

Best fap ever

Not sure why you vomited (nausea?), but yeah edibles are intense. I used to make butter and later an ethanol extract when I stopped smoking. It was INTENSE.

The newest batch was always dicey, because I wouldn't be sure of the potency. I remember taking some of the extract in juice and my gf coming home and asking if I was okay - I had a look of fear on my face and was pacing around. It could be 5 hours of bliss or 5 hours of terror.

Edibles are great, but it's not the same as smoking. You don't eat weed and then go for a bike ride or a movie or hike or whatever, you eat weed and enter an intense couch lock zone.

I'm not saying you wouldn't still feel anxious even if it were legal, but I know in my case that I feel less anxious and paranoid smoking out in the woods when I'm camping than I do in my tiny ass apartment. I used to never worry about getting caught when I was a daily smoker, and there were plenty of times I'd have run ins with the cops but nothing ever happened (had a pipe taken by a cop once, but that was it). But I didn't have anything to lose then.

The best thing I can recommend if you want to ease into it is have a drink or two beforehand, make sure to get your blood sugar up first, and smoke the weakest shit you can find. Get a one hitter and just do that. First time I did it I spent an hour pacing around and waiting for the panic attack to happen, but other than some general anxiety I was fine. However, a few sessions later I smoked more than I expected to and felt way too high and uncomfortable. But I was able to find an equilibrium.

If you have different strains available definitely look for an indica. And you could always get a low dose of a benzo to take while you smoke. Make sure to take a very small dose though

my only experience with edibles made me feel like i had taken shrooms. no visuals or anything, but that body high and rollercoaster feeling was identical to my come up on shrooms.

my best experience with it was waking up early on a day off, eating a brownie (not sure the mg dosage), and going back to sleep. I woke up about two hours later and was confused like a motherfucker. didn't know what the hell was going on. everything felt cottony and i just snuggled up with my heavy comforter and laid around all morning.

You seem high.

I love it when Veeky Forums tells stories.

>had a look of fear on my face and was pacing around.

Kek. That's why I really try to be out in the woods with compatriots. I know, though, everyone doesn't have woods next door.

Anybody here going to watch Getting Doug With High? I think it starts in an hour

Veeky Forums is discussing weed and being almost polite? Fucking Trump must of won presidency

friendly reminder that Getting Doug With High starts in 19 minutes

I think the one time I ate a half of a weed cookie was my least favorite drug experience next to smoking Salvia. Too damn high for too damn long. Then again I only really smoke weed when I'm on MDxx anyways as I don't actually like it much at all so I'm a tad biased

what surprised me was how i'd sober up and then it'd hit me all over again. i felt higher each time it came back. something i read suggested it was due to the edible making its way through my digestive system and be further processed. whatever the case it was a hell of a rollercoaster

Why are weed smokers the memeiest drug users. LOl DUDE SO BLAZED LMAO LOL. Seriously even junkies dont base their whole damn personality around heroin

I had a similar experience with edibles. I personally like that kind of experience more than smoked or vaporized cannabis.
The only problem is that it's very hard to get a consistent dosage in each food item if you're making them yourself. I really prefer to know exactly how much of a drug I'm taking.

Yeah, in 12 year olds.

Uhhh. Have you never been to Portland?

or make firecrackers

>made chocolate fudge coins in a vintage muffin tray with a flower pattern on the bottom, they looked amazing, about $50 of primo skunk, crushed, baked, and powdered.

>used salted butter

>never again

>addicted to marijuana
why do people pretend to be reatrds on jap boards?

I tried this, didn't really work out well.

Tasted like weed, but it didn't feel like weed.

>CK IS AN ANTI-DRUG BOARD.
>alcohol is a drug
Welp there goes most if not all of Veeky Forums's users

i made some cheesy garlic rolls a la red lobster last week and they were pic related
gonna make some sort of cream puffs tomorrow
i much prefer savory edibles to sweet ones, i think the flavor of the pot mixes better

DUDE WEED

But seriously - firecrackers are great and if you vape weed properly you can have an albeit gross little canon

Brownies are okay but honestly everything I cook with grass is horrible

Gotta make a change though because the spliffs are killing me

you need to bake the weed in the oven first, mong

>addicted to pot

Agreed. The most ignorant, straight out of "Reefer Madness" and Nancy Reagan rhetoric, conceivable.

When are these fucking idiots going to wake up? The medico/pharma complex is shoveling you far more harmful crap than pot. Thank you, bought and paid for FDA.