Do any of you guys think about walking away from Crypto?

This isn't a shit post, or LARP or any kind of crap post. For the first time I just wanted to ask my fellow Veeky Forums posters if they ever felt the way I do. Hopefully to either console me, or help me move forward with my decision.

I've been in Crypto since early August, bought Ethereum at $280. I over invest my position, I realize that looking back how fucking retarded it was. Held for about three months, then got into ICO's when that was popular. Went full stack in ENJ only to essentially have the value of my position nearly destroyed by participating in the ICO. I literally lost thousands of dollars. I felt mortified, but dignified to embrace the HODL meme. Held for months until I got back to my ICO buy in price and quickly sold. Of course, at this point the price climbed to almost 3x my buy in. Frustrated I took a shot in the dark and purchased ICX the first day it hit Binance, full stack. Unknowingly, this would become the best decision I ever made in Crypto. Riding the December/January wave, I made nearly 8x my original investment. This is everything I wanted to feel, success, accomplishment. Everyone in my family called me a genius investor. I went from a low of $800 in my investment, to a top evaluation of over $17,000.

Of course, not learning my lesson I just held. Prices fell, I figured it was warranted after all of that. Eventually I got to $10,000, decided to simply continue holding as it was surely going to come back. Soon enough, my position was brought down to simply 2x of my initial investment. I knew what happened, the opportunity I forfeited, I felt like shit. I knew BTC was going to crash, I still do. I opened a 100x short @ $9280, only to be liquidated at the $9400 bear flag, $11 over my liquidation price before this latest crash.

I feel exhausted, I feel defeated, I feel dragged along. Realizing for the last almost half year I've slept far less, almost stopped working out all together. I look back now and realize how much I've been.....

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

... obsessing about meaningless numbers. I'm still up about $1000 over my initial investment. But I'm about 4 keystrokes away from withdrawal and calling it quits. I'm tired. This final death throw of BTC going to the bottom and dragging everything with it is just defeat as I realize this is going to be a dead market for the foreseeable future. What do you guys think?

If the Mt Gox fiasco is true and the guy is still dumping BTC the market is not recovering anytime soon. I sold all my coins a few days ago. My money is still on my account but I'm contemplating whether or not I will buy back in.

Attached: XRP Will Save You.jpg (1437x908, 279K)

Lol faggot

I actually bought some a few weeks ago just for fun. I don't even care if everything crashes, because it probably will anyways.

How the fuck do you guys lose sleep over this never put money you’re not willing to lose. Crypto has done nothing wrong. You’re weak.

Hah, what a story OP..

I'm a poorfag, but even I know $17,000 doesn't make you a genius investor, lol.

Sorry you're struggling though, for real. Maybe it is time to walk away from crypto. Good luck to you

you made gains in the biggest bullrun in the life of btc and then tried to 1000x leveraged a short when you obv dont even know how to trade. learn from it and keep going or get out. also, if youre going to stay in, start working out again. crypto is always going to get there when you get back from the gym and you'll trade better. or at least i do.

only reason why im looking to get out is to maybe trade forex. btc fucks off the entire market when it pumps or dumps and it gets kinda annoying. love crypto tech, but the trading side of not knowing if im going to be up or down $5k for the day gets kinda old

So you took your remaining few grand and opened a x100 short? Not even a x10? I feel no pity you're fucking retarded.

>Bought ethereum

Stopped reading there.

Op is a retarded faggot who think he missed Bitcoin and fell for the altcoin meme. Best of luck non-bitcoin holders, your Bitcoin 2.0 dreams will.never happen.

99% of this board would call you crazy if you said Bitcoin was going above $1k a few years ago, now you're just salty faggots hoping your scamcoins gonna make you rich

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

I’m in the same boat. Went balls deep on ICX day one of Binance listing. Felt like a boss when it hit $12 like I was some genius. I was bragging and showing everyone my portfolio. They wanted me to invest for them. People were proud of me. Now I’ve watched it slowly bleed to where it is now. Yep it’s been brutal and I wish I sold but I was too much of a pussy. Too emotionally attached.

I’ve learned before though if you’re in the bear market and stuck holding bags, nothing you can do but be patient. I’ve tried in the past chasing pumps and dumps (back in the summer before the Bcash fork, it was a similar bear market) but I always got dumped on and lost my stack.

So at this point just gotta wait. And the bear market is going to be a looog time as long as we know there’s a possible 1.6b in BTC waiting to get dumped on us. Trust me literally every single person feels the regret of wishing they sold. That’s part of this game. You can’t expect to roll the dice and make a shitload of money without the consequences.

If you’re exhausted, then I would say literally delete blockfolio, everything. And just take a week or two off. Don’t read about it. Don’t check biz. I seriously doubt we’re going to see a massive bullrun like that again anytime soon. I really doubt you’ll miss it if you are away. But yeah, we fucked up and didn’t sell. We got attached.

Honestly, I learned this in the summer and broke my own fucking rule AGAIN like a fucking idiot, but DONT tell people your gain. I wanted to show off and get validation like you. The problem is, it psyches you out so you get attached and cling on hoping it’ll go back so you don’t look like an idiot. If you kept it all to yourself, you might have been able to sell. I remember I got into OMG day 1 it was listed, and watched it pump to about $14 I believe, and I bragged to some buddies. Then it bled for 3 months while I stupidly cashed pumps to get that back.

I just wanted to say thank you for your real story. I can agree with you on nearly every level. I knew NOTHING coming into this market, so walking out with $1000 and more experience than 90% of people is still a great achievement. I wish you the best of luck. I'm going to give it a week, not looking at the markets. Think about it seriously, maybe even take out my initial and just let the $1000 run, for a year. I'm as much of a Veeky Forums poster as anyone, but it's nice to talk like humans once in a while. Again, thank you user!

Surprised you mentioned it. I only come here in the weekends now. Just because I miss it. I've sold all my shit coins and only hold eth btc omg and some ven. I am more focused on equities as of late, and have been doing very well. Just meme stocks like MU AMZN NFLX AAPL etc. and I am up over 40% since jan 1st trading options. Crypto is dead until the shitcoin ipo disappears and NEO or ETH do something that actually makes peoples lives better or makes a business a lot of money. Crypto is for really intelligent people or suckers. I am certainly not intelligent enough so I will move on.

Hi everyone!!!

I'm new to the crypto game and just bought my first BTC! Sure feel nervous, what if the price drops even more! Oh well, I know I have a piece of the future 'virtual money revolution' that I can hold on to.

Let me know if you experienced guys have some tips for a 'noob' like me!

Attached: 53f.jpg (196x250, 7K)

kek

>100x position

I stopped feeling sorry for you at this point

Quality larp

I feel nothing
I hold my bags, and I wait
There is no reason to stress daily over this pannicky market
I didnt invest more than I was willing to lose, so its not a big deal

Of course not. I got into crypto in the first place because I saw that the laws of economics dictate that private decentralized deflationary permissionless money will kill fiat, and those fundamental reasons aren't going away no matter the short-term price fluctuations.

Bitcoin crashed too, retard.

stopped reading at "August" hasnt even been a year and you already quiting? give me your private keys and just leave plz

If you are losing too big, why don't you just focus on low risk low reward investments instead?

open a 100x short again OP

Attached: girls.png (449x401, 490K)

I started in august too, and yes am full of regret at not cashing out more even though i knew shit was hitting the fan. Thought I could make money on the way down as I did in the past. Instead, I just lost more and more each trade (unlike you im more trader than holder)

I think until alts have fully retraced vs BTC AGAIN,
just like htey did in May (which it is obvious they are doing), and BTC actually finds a bottom (which I don't believe it has), you should either be walking away until it's time to get back in, or day trading only.

haha

Tbh if you are so emotional that you are tilting on to bitmex to do 100x shorts you currently don't have the right frame of mind to be trading. You gotta fix that or you will make the same mistakes.

sort yourself out, faggot

Attached: peterson.png (310x458, 297K)

I don't understand how people can say stupid shit like this when people have made money with alts
I guess that is what happens when you get emotionally attached to a coin