What makes the laws of the Universe work?

What makes the laws of the Universe work?

Allah

My D.

Pinochet

The laws of the Universe are man-made
and man is in a very early stage of cultural evolution (again).

No.

The universe is arbitrary, which is why I think it's funny when people say it's amazing that physics are exactly perfect to produce and sustain everything we can observe. There's no reason why something like strong nuclear force has the value it does. In a different universe it could have a different value, or that universe's matter could be made from non-force sustained particles. And it'd work just as well as our universe's rules do.

>I think it's funny when people say it's amazing that physics are exactly perfect to produce and sustain everything we can observe
I think it's obnoxious and one of the few cases where the anthropic principle is to be invoked. Like people that look at something humans engineered around a given context, or geological structure, and say "wow it's almost like it was made just for this!"

Otherwise I'd refer to this post I made however long ago:
We likely won't ever ultimately know what affords the universe's machinery the traits it has.

What makes existence exist?
Are you retarded?

>Accepting self referential truths at face value

What do you mean by that

>We likely won't ever ultimately know what affords the universe's machinery the traits it has.

This was a key factor in my quitting physics after my masters. It's partly that what you end up researching is so minute that it simply wasn't what I wanted, but also that one lifetime is simply not long enough to study the subject.

The academic cycle of undergrad, grad school, post doc, assistant prof, tenure, crotchety old man is very efficient.

It's just too fucking complex, and our ~75 year lifetimes are simply not enough to continually generate breakthroughs.

>The academic cycle of undergrad, grad school, post doc, assistant prof, tenure, crotchety old man is very efficient.
is very inefficient*

Take you 5 seconds to realize "God did it".

'G' doeas. It's in just the right spot. Miss it just a little and it would all be for naught.

Oh no, it's quite efficient at turning out overly educated useless fools.

hahah, you got me there

I congratulate you on retaining your sense of humor.

Cubism.

he was no hero

'I need not make an assumption'

user are you actually expecting an answer to that question from Veeky Forums?

>The universe is arbitrary
>which is why I think it's funny when people say it's amazing that physics are exactly perfect to produce and sustain everything we can observe
Wait...if the universe is indeed arbitrary, wouldn't that be right? It WOULD be amazing...