When will the life experience meme end?

When will the life experience meme end?

I wasn't planning on telling anyone about my novel until it was finished but my Father kept going on and on about getting a job, so I had to explain that I already have one - that I'm an author. He pretty much laughed in my face, apparently trying to write a book is ridiculous when "you've never worked a day in your life and you've never been with a woman".

Beginning to think some people weren't born with an imagination.

Life experience is indeed reflected in what you write and how you write it.

Unless you're writing fantasy/sci-fi/horror/etc., life experience is pretty important, OP.

Hes right. If you have been a shut in NEET your whole life, you probably have no interesting or novel insights on the human condition.

>you've never been with a woman
Is your dad a hardscrabble farmer in the 1930s, OP? Because if so, that's pretty cool.

What about Emily Dickinson?

Lots of great philosophers were pretty much NEETs. Are you saying they didn't have anything to reveal about the human condition?

tell him youve been with a man

love this word

Just because you call something a meme in frustration that doesn't mean it is truly a meme.

If you really are so smart from reading all them thar books then you should already have the tools within you to internally process the crap that he threw at you and move past it. This is just bruised ego talking. He beta'd you and now you want to get back at him. Don't. Accept that his misguided insults were out of an ultimate concern for your well-being in life and keep working. There are a lot of men who gave up pursuing their passions in life. If you don't want to be one of those men then don't be. If you really love literature then keep doing you m8.

Why does it have to be "men" who gave up pursuing their passions, and not just like, people in general? I know everyone in this board is so fucked up they'll think I'm trolling, but whenever I see stuff like this I'm always reminded of how men don't really see women as people.

You're either baiting or you are simply too tiresome of an hysteric to ever take seriously.

Stop posting.

Whatever. Can't say I expected anything else.

t. (You)

Are you published? If not you aren't an author. You are a writer.

>OP is male
>complains about dad
>hurr why didn't u mentin my wiminzzz

he (father) specifically attacked you (OP?) as a failed man
the response took that into account
if you want advice to always be general you'll get shit advice
gtfo

>wordplay

You never disappoint me, Veeky Forums

Not the OP at all.

maybe in opposite world

irrelevant
welcome to laos

When the day comes that this comment becomes acceptable that is the day Veeky Forums will be completely compromised.

andnothingofvaluewaslost.jpg

men is a shorter word than people

jesus christ

to be completely fair i've never realised how horrible life was until i had a job and a long term relationship, so your old man has a point.

i used to be pretty happy, now i'm bardamu tier bitter

Your dad's dead right, get a grip son

Also if you can't support yourself you have no business telling your dad some self-important shit like 'I'm an author'. You can be an author all you like if you're standing on your own two feet.

being self-supporting is an overrated meme

If the height of your ambitions is to lurk Veeky Forums and reduce everything to memes then sure, I guess taking responsibility for your own life is of no importance or interest to you.

Anyway, it's of no importance at all how highly you rate the memetic value of self-reliance. If OP's dad isn't prepared to bankroll his authorship then he's shit out of luck, isn't he?

>This is just bruised ego talking. He beta'd you and now you want to get back at him. Don't. Accept that his misguided insults were out of an ultimate concern for your well-being in life and keep working. There are a lot of men who gave up pursuing their passions in life. If you don't want to be one of those men then don't be. If you really love literature then keep doing you m8.
There's a 5 letter word you could use to express yourself more concisely.

I am writer

he just needs to learn the state is his real daddy

eiter aussie shitposting or roastie go away ree etc

10/10

being estranged from active participation is society can lead to interesting insights as well as participating in it can. this is why the great writers are overwhelmingly men, women are much more integrated into conventional social participation and rarely step outside of it -- most of the alienated, outcast etc. are men.

Wow, a real eye opener

you are not Emily Dickinson.

>men don't really see women as people
I don't see men who are needy as people either. I see them as weaklings who don't know what the hell they want out of life and can't think for themselves.

not that you need to necessarily "work" or "be with a woman" or whatever, but both having a job and being romantically involved with someone teach you a lot about people and human interactions, and without any knowledge of that your literature is doomed to come out hollow and boring.

you're bitching about this indicates that you don't have much knowledge on that front.

I gotta say tho, "Write what you know"
I'm not saying you need to sleep with a chick each night and work as a wetback outside of Costco, but it really gives you some great ideas to have lived certain experiences.

>Beginning to think some people weren't born with an imagination.

Imagination is an a priori faculty of human cognition bro. Do you even Kant?

Those philosophers, if you can actually name them, were more intelligent than the average NEET.

But arguing for your side, NEETs have a unique insight into the effects of extreme isolation on the human mind. If they are objective enough to write about this in a sensical way, that can be art.

no they didn't stay in their basement browsing shitty sites all day and hating on everything they found

fuck off to reddit

You're the same person as that six-part memoir guy, aren't you?

>I already have one - that I'm an author
If you're not getting paid to do it, it's not a job.
Get a day job and be an author in your free time until by which I mean "if" you get published.

wew, really makes u fink