d o n ' t
o
n
'
t

It's a meme.
That should be enough by internet standards

if dubs IJ becomes the only book OP is allowed to read for the rest of his life

You shouldn't read it, don't do it, you're not allowed to.

David Foster Wallace is a dead genius and Infinite Jest is the summation of all his thinking about life.

It's a good book. Just read it. Don't be like the people on Veeky Forums who decided to that it would be easier for them to just bash it all the time than actually put the effort into reading it.

A man goes to the shop and whips out his finger and sticks it in a girls ass. When she finally cums she screams which can be heard across the sky causing a ruckus in the black neighborhood. Black horse dick got huge from the sounds, then came the Indians. Indians had revenge on their plate and served it to black cocks, cold. Screaming Indians slashed and stabbed their cocks. V2 rockets blast off to prevent the outcry from reaching the rest of the US. Then, all of a sudden a giant duck exploded in guts and a bandana fell from the sky and killed a homeless man. Ninja whores went back in time to prevent all of the preceding events from occurring. The rest is spoilers.

I don't give a shit about what you do.

The movie "end of the tour" made me fairly interested in it, havent read it yet though

roll

ROLLING

Just about to finish Schop's Essays and Aphorisms

Go to Fourtold Root (and then the Will and Representation volumes) next, or IJ?

Best argument and/or dubs/trips decides which path I take in this universe.

Thanks for this thread OP, was wondering the same thing

Rollin rollin rollin rollin

legitimately good book. Very rewarding and addicting. avoid Veeky Forums while reading it because you will read thousands of shitposts that try to discourage you from reading it.

Nice dubs too

I once used a screenshot of that scene in a post for the same purpose

roll!

There's one thing and one thing only that the mods could do to immensely improve the board, instantly, overnight, and that's facilitate more threads about David Foster Wallace. Create them, nurture the ones that exist, guide the discussions, and make sure they stay on track. If we're here to discuss literature, ultimately, we are here to discuss David Foster Wallace. There is no way for a person to grasp the full implications of Infinite Jest and not realize this. We're talking about the smartest man who ever lived. You must realize this. It's not a joke anymore. We're seeing the world degenerate further and further into chaos, and we're standing by and watching it happen. You want to fix this board? You want to fix the world? You want to fix your life? You need only take one step: read Infinite Jest. There is no substitute for hard work, and that's what Wallace requires of you if you are to understand him. If you are to understand not just him, but the world. We're not talking about escapist literature, fan fiction, genre nonsense. We're talking about saving our lives. We're talking about meditating on God. We're talking about communing with the primary presence. This is not an issue to be treated lightly.

i don't want to make a new thread so i'm putting this here. i'm new to Veeky Forums and came here to find books to read. can someone explain to me why i keep seeing david wallace and this infinite jest book on Veeky Forums? is he a meme? why all the discussion? is his book actually good or is any post about him a shitpost?

This board is 99% Atlas Shrugged, Infinite Jest, 2666 and Ulysses memes.

if dubs OP can never read IJ and has a better life for it

Witnessed

and kek protects yet another of his followers

There's one thing and one thing only that the mods could do to immensely improve the board, instantly, overnight, and that's facilitate more threads about Faust. Create them, nurture the ones that exist, guide the discussions, and make sure they stay on track. If we're here to discuss music, ultimately, we are here to discuss Faust. There is no way for a person to grasp the full implications of Faust's debut album and not realize this. We're talking about the smartest band that ever existed. You must realize this. It's not a joke anymore. We're seeing the world degenerate further and further into chaos, and we're standing by and watching it happen. You want to fix this board? You want to fix the world? You want to fix your life? You need only take one step: listen to Faust. There is no substitute for hard work, and that's what Faust require of you if you are to understand their music. If you are to understand not just them, but the world. We're not talking about fringe genre, senseless noise, pretentious nonsense. We're talking about saving our lives. We're talking about meditating on God. We're talking about communing with the primary presence. This is not an issue to be treated lightly.

Pynchon meets Reddit

inb4 >Pynchon already was Pynchon meets Reddit

did tyler durden write this

watch and learn boys

ROLLING FOR HIM TO ONLY READ THAT 1 BOOK THAT WAS MENTIONED THE REST OF HIS LIFE

Don't forget about GRRM, John Green and Gravity's Rainbow.

Honestly these.

Just started it and it's pretty enjoyable so far. Nothing like I imagined considering all the memes.

How do people seriously finish IJ? I'm 350 pages in and I get the point, do I really need to read about tennis players' and drug addicts' menial activities for 700 more pages? I seriously want a reason to finish it but I also just got a lot of books that are regarded as much higher quality.

Lmao faust is ezpz

This

Someone post a pic of their copy open at a random page. I want to see what the text size is like.

>implying that if I got dubs anything in my life would change.

Sad!

the only thing Pynchon about that was the reference to V2 rockets

Meant it as more of Reddit's emulation of him than actual mix of the two

>No one, ever, and I mean ever who has read the book has the slightest ill will towards it
>Everyone who thinks anything bad about it haven't read it and are memeing.

Jesus, do you understand the shit spewing from your keyboard?

Bad news--not only do you have to finish it, but you really have to read it at least twice to gather up all the throwaway little mentions you didn't realize would be significant 400 pages later.

I'll find some way to turn your favorite book into a /pol/ meme if you don't.

OP here. I just placed my order.

If I never finish it at least it will look nice on my meme shelf with Atlas Shrugged (which is also in the mail).

lmoa nice interpretation
do you think about mommy with that brain

I read Atlas Shrugged a few years back. Legitimately regret wasting the time to do so.

>actually reading infinite pleb

can someone post the vid of the guy shouting "david foster wallace" from his car window

youtube.com/watch?v=sXvAd7COpJY

Roll.

IJ dubs.

rollin

Too late, already started Schop lol.

Going to break after Root though.

Can someone post the DFW pasta?

Asking for a friend.

wtf am I watching?

you're going to have to be more specific

Roll

It's the:

If there's one thing that could be done to make Veeky Forums better, it's to create more David Foster Wallace threads, have the mods nurture them, etc etc

aw SHHIEEET

Too late. Kek already protected him

>implying already reddit was pynchon meets inb4

you know when you say a word over and over again and it becomes a bunch of sounds?

This is just troubling.