Reincarnation minus the hippie bullshit

Sup Veeky Forums. Been doing a lot of reading on reincarnation and there appears to be a lot of supporting evidence with even quantum physics beginning to weigh in on the difference between body and mind.

How does Veeky Forums feel about the evidence regarding reincarnation?

I, as most of the scientists researching it, call it evidence and not proof because we can't objectively prove it.

We can, however, scrutinise what evidence we have and a lot of the evidence holds up.

>inb4 /x/ we all know /x/ is full of edgy 13 year olds
>inb4 "dude karma/negative energy lmao" Those people discredit a promising area of study

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in-mind/ian-stevensone28099s-case-for-the-afterlife-are-we-e28098skepticse28099-really-just-cynics/
telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/1542356/Professor-Ian-Stevenson.html
iisis.net/index.php?page=semkiw-ian-stevenson-xenoglossy-sharada-huddar&hl=en_US
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First assumption in your image is false, the rest that follows is also false. Why they choose the word observeration and not interaction is beyond me. In the simplest sense, every quantum particle is not in a definite state until it interacts with another particle, nothing needs to be "observed".

>every quantum particle is not in a definite state until it interacts with another particle
A non-interacted particle could be in God only knows what state. By definition it's just unknowable.

shouldn't the first assumption be that "interacting with any given particle changes it's state?"

>Reincarnation minus the hippie bullshit
>hippie bullshit minus the hippie bullshit

and the state it was in before the interaction is unknown?

>and there appears to be a lot of supporting evidence
Post some then.

No, a particle in an unknown state follows the Schrödinger Equation (it's probability density precesses at some wavelength and frequency), until it interacts with another particle

>quantum mechanics
Stopped reading

Not gonna lie I was never sold on the "infographic" either. When I say evidence I'm referring to things such as xenoglossy and specific anecdotal evidence (weak as it can be) I'll throw a few links in below, regarding the work of Dr Ian Stevenson.

blogs.scientificamerican.com/bering-in-mind/ian-stevensone28099s-case-for-the-afterlife-are-we-e28098skepticse28099-really-just-cynics/

telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/1542356/Professor-Ian-Stevenson.html

iisis.net/index.php?page=semkiw-ian-stevenson-xenoglossy-sharada-huddar&hl=en_US

Also for those who are basically just here to shit talk all I'm doing is reading case studies and evidence. To say I had "faith" in it would be foolish and isn't what science is about

The attached image was shit I just did a Google search for something to put in the thread

Assuming this is true:

You still lose all memories between lives.

Also

How does a consciousness "attach"?

Once you know the rules of the game, you can bend them to your favor.

If death is meaningless, nihilism is right. Everything else is meaningless as well as most of our values are deep rooted in the idea of eventual death.

Deep down we all know what will happen when we die we just want to try and believe there's an alternative

>Studies accounts of reincarnations and past life memories
>dies

Where is the 6 yr old nigerian mongloid that upon hearing his mother say "psychologist" remembered that he was a parapsychologist in his past life?

Depending in when he died and when you (the reader) were born, you might even BE him. But what does that matter if you remember nothing? Whats the point of perception of existance if you contradict your own views between lives and remember non of it?

“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”

“Just me? What about everyone else?”
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”
You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”

What if the same holds true for the "me". So the reincarnater is also the "god" and the "god" is all the other entities above his reality.

What you believe will happen after death, will happen.

Then the dmt wears off

And then nothingness

What if you believe nothingness will happen

Then you go on a very boring dmt trip?

Just believe you will be reborn as a super hot chick, why not

>even quantum physics beginning to weigh in on the difference between body and mind

Nothing in quantum mechanics is evidence of reincarnation. I don't even know how you conflated the two in the first place.

Psychology is an infantile science, even today.

And scientifically speaking anecdotal evidence is 100% worthless. They tend to be rife with logical fallacies.

Question: if reality is dependent on consciousness, as the infographic suggests, then how did pre-human life evolve if bacteria/archea exhibit no evidence of consciousness?

You guys are giving me a headache. I'm just going to go sit on my cushion and exist for a bit.

Isn't it obvious? Ayys

This is true. We are egos and memories. If our egos and memories are gone, we are too.

So even if we are reincarnated, whats the point? We get to live forever, but in some sort of dark, forgotten way?

But where did the ayylmaos come from? They had to evolve from something unless they were around since the big bang, in which case there are just more questions.

>assuming there is a point

i hate to break it you user

1. Time is composed of instances
2. Your brain is a set of particles. A pattern of atoms. An arrangement of matter.
3. With each new instance of time, the constituents of your brain change - your brain becomes a different set of particles as time passes
4. Regardless of the set of particles that is your brain, your consciousness still exists. Regardless of whether your 50 year old brain exists, or your 5 year old brain exists, your consciousness and 'self' still exists
5. Thus, the existence of your consciousness and 'self' does not rely on a single set of particles, but a wide array of different sets of particles. This means that you can exist as many different people provided that the set of particles that is their brain fits under the same array as your set of particles

I exist as many different people sometimes. My doctor has me take Seroquel to prevent this from occurring.

agreed, this is a reasonable mechanism for "reincarnation". Which is a terrifying. OP came so close to saying this but all the extra chromosomes weighed him down.

Reincarnation minus the hippie bullshit = 0

>Reincarnation minus the hippie bullshit
>consciousness creates the material world
this is still hippy bullshit

That array of different quantized states of brain is given by the brain itself - it is the organ that gives the illusion of existing "now" while actually you exist as the expression of multiple slices experienced as a now - which actually occurs in past.

When the brain dies - that unique experience also goes away.

It's not - because brain is not magic, it's a complex mechanism.

>Why they choose the word observeration and not interaction is beyond me.
I've complained about this as well, but am usually told to fuck off.

I think they just wanted to give it a unique weird and wacky name because it's all just SO WEIRD (XD lolPIErandomz@!), or some dumb shit or another. Just look at the quark names. Mesons, bosons, up, strange, charm. Etc. "Gluon field". Muon is the only acceptable name of that sort.

Terrible mistake.

>The universe is based on what you think and that you believe it is real

SCIENTOLOGY FAGS GO
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Life has meaning if you give it meaning.

I don't think there's such thing as "re"incarnation. There is no essential spark, soul, unalienable seat of consciousness, or what have you that transfers from life to life.

However, I do believe that "spontaneous incarnation" is unfalsifiable.

It's very simple: you can't have an experience of nothing, so it follows that you will only ever experience experiences. It doesn't matter how long it takes for you to become conscious, it doesn't matter how that actually happens or why, what matters is that there is no actual alternative to experiencing things, as the lack of experience is omitted by pure logical necessity.

If you ask someone how boring it was waiting around to be born, you'll always be met with the same response: "oh, it was nothing. I just started living all of a sudden".

Until life that is sufficiently complex to experience consciousness arises, it's all skipped. There's no waiting around. I don't know why we're here in particular, or why I'm this organism in particular, but all that I know is that I'm here and I've never ever had an experience of not being here, even though I was obviously not here before I was born.

>believing something because it makes you feel better, despite having any evidence
GTFO.

I should clarify:
>I was obviously not here before I was born

I was here, just not in this form.

what evidence? and if it is true, so the fuck what? does that mean that all religions are right with their spiritual teachings or just some? can we shoot fire balls out of our hands if we believe enough? blah blah blah blah quantum woo pseudo science hippie shit op. that is all your post leads too.

who care what the evidence is op. if you can't prove it then drop it. just because evidence suggests or supports something doesn't mean you should get your hopes up. that is how cults get started, basically. belief instead of knowing leads to ignorance.

Or it leads to a mass suicide by Kool-aid.

Get the fuck off this board. You're the cancer that is destroying this community. You know how many iq threads I have to deal with everyday or the nonstop gorilla posters or flat earthers? This shit belongs in .

You'll have to kill yourself to find out, OP

Why this thread wasn't deleted after is incomprehensible.

Unless you have evidence on what happens after death, then we both have the same credibility while talking on this topic, and you can't discredit shit without evidence.

So either shut up or keep your tears to yourself. Real science goes through speculation and communication, not shitposting.

Sub Veeky Forums. Worthless, unintelligent crossborder here. I just got knocked out for 3 days and was informed that i was swearing at people, shitting myself and spiting on people in a hospital fully conscious. I know for a fact i was unconscous, but my body was being fed and I was reacting to all stimuli in a slumber driven hypnotic state. I then got an MRI stating that there was a growth on my pineal gland or some shit. Minus all the "hippie bullshit". What the fuck happened to me and what could it say about consciousness. I dont really need answers but im curious on what there is to say. So Ama or whatever.

"Knocked out" could mean a lot of things.

fucking wow, i forgot i was in the comment section

I wasn't hit with anything, It was a hot day and all i had in my system was a bottle of water. I lost consciousness, hallucinated a little bit then woke up 3 days later feeling about 10 minutes of those 3 days

This is what i basically think about reincarnation if it's real.

>"oh, it was nothing. I just started living all of a sudden".

You just "wake" up

You were probably conscious, the memories just didn't "save".

This