Do you need to be born with especially sensitive tastebuds to appreciate haute cuisine? Is it an aquired taste...

Do you need to be born with especially sensitive tastebuds to appreciate haute cuisine? Is it an aquired taste? If you ate a lot of processed food for a long time are your tastebuds irreparably damaged?

bump

Haute cuisine is just food with good presentation.

No, yes, no

>partially cooked onions and beef jerky on mushy peas
>meat, gravy, an onion, and white mystery chimney on a plate
>sriracha mayo with a discolored Listerine breath strip in a coffee mug
>greasy bread with overly thin bacon and mayo
>sushi shaped cake with wasabi shaped moss
>salmon on a bead of gravy and a broken necklace
>deep fried Wheat Thins topped with ashes, radish, and parsley
>just an oyster
>imitation crab and green onions in a pile
>uncooked pasta
>soap and what actually might be garbage
>one dumpling in french dressing
>chocolate covered salmon

>good presentation

M8 I don't think you're bein srs here

My sensitive tongue definitely lets me appreciate hot cousins.

A lot of haute cuisine (not all) will try and develop unique, saught after tastes that you're likely to be unfamiliar with, so in that sense, it`s a bit of an acquired taste, since the taste of something completely new isn't appealing to a lot of folks.

no, pretty much anybody can enjoy it
but it's easy to prevent yourself from enjoying it by pretending that you're above it all

I think he is, the majority of that food is poorly plated or straight up unappealing.

Haute food?

More like haute shit.

>haute shit
Holy fuck I hate it when you retarded burgers assume that everything is pronounced like it is in English because LOL America best country. The au is pronounced the same as the sound of oa in "oat", not like the aw in " thaw". It's "hoat", not "hawt". You're fucking welcome.

I don't think so.

But there are certainly some dishes that are subtle in flavor. If you're used to eating foods with lots of strong artificial flavors you might find those foods bland.

>>irreparable damage?
Hell no.

T E X T U R E

Is haute the kino of Veeky Forums

>If you ate a lot of processed food for a long time are your tastebuds irreparably damaged?

The problem isn't with your tastebuds, it's the reward centers in your brain. A couple of months eating real food will reset your noggin to the point where fruit tastes sweet again

Also there is a wide range of tastebud concentration among humans. Some people who are supertasters are going to find bitter compounds especially unpleasant, so they avoid alcohol, grapefruit, and vegetables of all kinds and have a preference for sweets. There are also people with low concentrations of tastebuds who may not be able to appreciate the subtlety of haute cuisine and while they will still eat it, will find it hard to justify paying all that money when a Big Mac is going to taste about as good.

My cousin also has primary agnosia so he can't smell. His diet is extremely bland. Like the only thing he can kind of smell is when someone is cooking Italian food. Yes, he is a garbage man

How do you know I was pronouncing it wrong?

It's pronounced sword, not sword.

You foreign folk assume that us Americans are just blundering about, don't be so haughty.

He's probably australian, they exist purely to bait americans.

He's a master baiter to be sure then.

no, since "kino" just translates to "film", anything filmed is "kino"
haute is next level cuisine

Because you tried to rhyme "haute" with "hot". They sound nothing alike you burgerclap fuck.

how do you know he was trying to rhyme?

it does look like hot shit tho lol

I wasn't rhyming though.

Twas mere alliteration my hapless and haughty haute hating friend.

OBSESSED

Only a gourmand would ask this