ITT: Overrated literature

ITT: Overrated literature.

I'll start.

Catcher in the Rye

people love this shit for some reason, even though it's 90% fabricated.

it's basically "buddhism lite"

is there a "the name is just a year" book that isn't garbage?

I thought it was fiction. I adored it even still.

Anything by this autistic faggot

Herman Hesse it's good, entry level literature but good

Lord of the Flies is great, man.
Simple but great.

this guy is shit at writing.

it's ok when it's a short story, the diamond guitar was actually really good.

but read any of his full novels and he just goes on and on about unimportant shit.

in cold blood spends 2 or 3 chapters just talking about the shitty flyover town the murder happens in.

It's literary tripe.

The author spends more time talking about leaves and shit then actually developing any of the characters in a realistic way.

There's no pacing, the kids become shitheads overnight.

It's way too long for the message it's trying to present. It could have tackled the same subject matter in half the length if there was less padding.

This is what's called 'reading into something too much'

If you honestly think LOTF is overrated, congrats you're one of the hundreds of highschool plebs who completely missed the point of this novel.

>It's symbolic dude xD
Just because it's symbolic doesn't mean it's good.

Yeah, we all got how Jack is Pathos and Piggy is Logos.

Whoopedy-fucking-Doo

LOL what? piggy is what?

here's a hint ya fucking troglodyte; among other things the story is about original sin.

No it's not you cunt, it's about human nature and corruption.

to add to this it's not "symbolic" you utter useless illeterate fuck it's allegorical.

What do you not like about it? I've been meaning to read it but haven't yet.

Ask anyone and they'll tell you it's about corruption. Sure the story of the original sin and LOTF share a common theme, but they're not that closely tied.

>"human nature and corruption"
>this is all you got out of it
it's a fucking biblical allegory you dumbass that's why the fucking book is called LORD OF THE FLIES as in Beelzebub as in fucking christianity. And how can it simultaenously be about human nature and corruption and not be about original sin. That's one of the core aspects of original sin, why do you think they're on an uninhabited pseudo paradise? Does that sound familiar to you ? what do you think simon represents?

jesus the school system failed you my friend

>muh sin
>muh lord
>muh phrasing
>muh paradise
>muh simon
muh fucking dick, amigo.

The characters are dull and I couldn't care less about what happened to any of them. They're used as objects just to get them from one point of the world where Franky boy can describe every grain of sand and gust of wind to another. It just seems to me ol Franky Herby is just showing off his imagination and world-building skills, which are only interesting at best but nothing really wow'd me. It has no personality or flavor, seeping with the grey sludge of politics. I've tried to read it three times because people were all like hermergerd how can u nt lyk dis buk amurzurng. I guess I've just read a lot more interesting shit to me before I did this hah :D

I was told there would be monkey butlers when I read The Lord of the Flies.

you're so fucking dumb you cant even spit out coherent sentences from your pig fuck mouth.

You disgust me, you disgust this board kys immediately.

>being this mad over your 1950s shota novel

The favorite book of people who haven't read a book since high school.

>be me in highschool
>like the movies a lot, so I decide to check out the book
>pig heads on spikes, naked kids swimming and acting like barbarians
>not one fucking hobbit
>mfw

kek

why shouldnt I be mad? the fucking school system, however long you went through it because I refuse to believe you actually graduated highschool, shit out a lowly poor excuse for a human like you.

Im not even mad at you buddy, I'm mad at every teacher you ever had for fucking you in the ass academically so that you cant even analyze or make connections in the easiest most entry level novel.

and how many of there are you? People just like you, millions of fucking illiterate failures, deaf motherfuckers who never heard the gun signalling the rat race. intellectual paraplegics trying to run life's marathon

>being this mad that people don't like a book written by a pedophile

minor kek

you dont even have to like it, you're not even at the level of "liking" or "disliking"

you failed at "reading" the first step. You failed the first step.

>you didn't like a book i liked
>you can't even read bro xDDDD
go touch yourself to natsutama you fucking pedophile

I was gonna say, the LotF movie(s) are complete trash.

and you know loli hentai by name ! wow you are quite the specimen. LOL

>implying natsutama is loli
you don't even have to like adult males, you're not even at the level of "liking things".

you failed at "not being attracted to little boys." the first step.
You failed the first step.

Feeling anxious, modern man?

It is light and entry level litterature, but it is good at what it aims to do. Well written and touches spirituality from a safe distance. But I understand why one might dislike it.

>I didnt correctly catergorize your favourite hentai into the correct sub denomination
dude you should just stop talking now. also I hope this shitty thread dies along with any hope of you losing your virginity.

Peace.

>muh thread
>muh talking on a text/image board
>muh virginity
>muh peace

I like LotF but I'm glad I wasn't the only one picking up some homoerotic vibes from the novel. I thought it was just because I'm a big time fujo

Homos tend to pick up or make up homo erotic things that aren't actually there.

Too bad I'm not a homo

>i'm a girl btw xDDDD
kill yourself

I've done it
I've officially found someone with shittier handwriting then myself

>Veeky Forums
>using wrong "then/than"
Fuck outta here m8

>read the book for English class in middle school
>a thing that teachers often do here is show us the movie after we've studied the book
>for some reason we watch both the 90s and the 60s version
>watching the 60s one
>scene where one of the boys gets dragged off naked and whipped on his bare ass by another nude kid
>entire classes face when

We make up most of the posters here.