Why is commercial Chinese food so revolting?

Would it be so hard to make something nice? I walk past the shops all the time and they smell of rancid oil. I only like Chinese dishes I made myself.

you're an idiot

Am I?

I feel you OP, it's mostly a greasy mess. In before muh authentic chink food autists.

You never made that yourself, unless you wrap stuff in paper and serve it to yourself on a tray?

Perhaps next time . . . instead of trying to fool us into thinking you are British, (and changing the filename to look like a photo)

Maybe take a real photo, instead of pulling this menu from google?

Just a thought!

You kinda are. The only Chinese people I know who hate Chinese takeout are 5th generation muh heritage types. And like them, you appear to be denying the glory of a heaping plate of grease and salt because you're under the false impression anyone is impressed by it

What are you talking about? Yes I got the picture off google and yes indeed it looks like every Chinese take away I've ever had: disgusting.

I make my Chinese food with fresh, delicious ingredients.

I agree OP

UK chink takeaway is generally utterly disappointing.

I never have it anymore, the quality coupled with super vague menu descriptions has pushed me to indians and pizza.

You got the menu picture from Google too!

Most of the Chinese restaurants in Britain are run by people from Hong Kong, I've been to Hong Kong and the food is the same (allowing for variations).

Why are you pretending to be British? . . .. is this another one of those bait threads?

>UK chink takeaway is generally utterly disappointing.
Another non-Brit (or OP samefag)

erm ok

The fuck? Do British people not exist according to you?

All I can say is that you're ordering from the wrong Chinese restaurants. You should try asking Chinese coworkers about their favorite places sometime, though that'll be an uphill battle considering how badly your post reeks of autism.

It's most likely a result of lax portion/dosage control of the oil and corn starch.

It's quite possibly the freshest kind of fast food. I mean, they can just throw all that shit into a wok with random amounts of oil and finish in 5 minutes or less.

>Not going to the chip ship instead
>Not enjoying the bantz with Marco the chippy owner
>Not ordering a side of mushy peas with your fish'n'chips

Bro, do you even scowl?

Chinese takeout is sustenance food. It makes no attempt to be exciting or impressive. That's not the point. It's cheap, and contains a good amount of protein, occasionally vegetables, along with enough fat and salt to be palatable. That's it.
If that's not what you look for when eating out, don't waste your time with Chinese takeout, but also don't waste your breath complaining about it.

I'm not a fan of Chinese American food, either. It is the way it is because it was developed to please 20th Century American palates. So the levels of salt, grease and sugar are pretty much on par with fast food, which I don't like either.

Find a Cantonese place. Most Chinatowns have many of them. The food there will be good.

When are you going to realize that the average American could not locate England on a blank world map?

I love me some Chinese takeout but the amount of ve-tsin they throw in there is awful.

monosodiumglutimate

-monosodium
sodium/Na/mineral essential to life
-glutimate
amino acid found throughout your body

how is this bad for you?

MSG is non-essential, personally it fucks with my stomach a lot and a lot of people experience tingling, a faster heart rate and headaches among other stuff. But mostly i avoid it since my gf is Chinese and a dietician so i just blindly trust her when she tells me it's better if i eat it less or just none at all.

That's not really a point. You can point out America on a map because you're obsessed with us. We just don't care about you or think about you until you start spouting off about "hurr dose murikkans"

Uh, I made that post you're referencing, and I'm 'murrican.

Your "Chinese dietician" girlfriend is a hack.

MSG is the chemical responsible for the flavor of Umami found in nature. Can be found in huge concentrations in things like seaweed/kelp and all kinds of mushrooms, and isn't at all harmful.

There was a huge media-fueled scare regarding MSG a few decades ago which had no basis in reality and I guess a bunch of fucking morons like you and your girlfriend bought into it. Lab-made MSG is no different than that found in nature.

>family buys chinese food for new years and invites me over
>six different kinds of deep fried meat in sweet sauces and three containers of chicken fried rice

I like mixed greens with non battered meat the best

MSG doesn't do anything to you except trigger your placebo effect because you read about MSG doing things to people