Is there any evidence to support the idea that abstaining from ejeculation gives yields enhanced well-being or power?

Is there any evidence to support the idea that abstaining from ejeculation gives yields enhanced well-being or power?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12659241?dopt=Abstract
examine.com/nutrition/does-ejaculation-affect-testosterone-levels/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

None whatsoever beyond the trivial observation that you have an extra twenty minutes a day to spend on some other pursuit

I find that hard to believe.

why did you ask the question if you're just going to shut down opposition

Orgasm transiently lowers testosterone levels (perhaps because the prostate elevates its DHT synethesis, or via prolactin release, don't know), and it also spurs a massive release of phenylethylamine, which is known to inhibit dopamine release and functions as an anxiogenic with chronic exposure.

I've found one orgasm every two to three days feels good and incurs no functional penalty, but multiple orgasms over too short a time span begins to cause apathy, mental dullness, and anxiety. Interestingly this mirrors excessive cacao or pure phenylethylamine intake.

So yes. Masturbation to the point of orgasm quite obviously yields a multifaceted spectrum of effects, both psychologically, and more "physically". This is the obvious. Ignore fools like: who don't know anything about biology or neurology in general.

source?

You're free to browse pubmed for any supporting evidence.

Nope its a waste of time. All placebo. Do something productive.

Just look into yourself. The core claims made are very simple:
"Orgasm temporarily causes testosterone to drop below baseline."
"Orgasm causes prolactin and phenylethylamine release."
"Prolactin lowers dopamine levels and elevates estrogen."
"Phenylethylamine is anxiogenic and prevents dopamine release."

You can figure out how to verify this rather than having me run around and source hunt for you so you can pick apart anything I provide in the case that I didn't bother to read it thoroughly and took it as superficially communicating the essence of what I already know is true.

You're more or less asking me to seek out and identify high quality literature, verify it as such, then provide it to you. So no. Do it yourself. You have the means. This shit is absolutely not a reasonable request.

m8 the burden of proof is not on you

since you didn't provide me with shit your opinion is now in the trash

on you rather

Good to see my opinion is still with you. :^)

what big lips?

I said that putting my opinion in the trash didn't distance it from you, because you were in the trash to start with.

I called you trash, implying my opinion didn't have to go far, and that to get away from it now, you'll either have to leave the trash, or take it out of the trash. If you leave the trash however, you'll likely end up fishing my opinion out too, eventually.

You're running low on options.

holy fuck are you 16?

this isn't some life or death situation argument

whatever m8 i'm trash i guess stick with your nofap lifestyle

it's not like you're at risk for prostate cancer with those big lips anyway

I think there have also been studies showing a massive testosterone release on the 7th day of abstinence
Personally I've been trying to abstain recently and I feel like a degenerate by how often I relapse into jerking it. Jacked it twice today, only made it a day in between today and the last day I engaged in slapping the salami.

I do have some anecdotal evidence for you guys. When I was 16-17 I was required to spend 3 months in the woods with other people. For the most part and especially the first two months, I abstained from jerking it and I felt much better and felt a good deal of relief from anhedonia, anxiety and other symptoms that I had prior. That is probably not completely attributable to the abstinence. It was probably partly attributable to many factors

Stop being a faggot, this is a science board put your own personal whims aside and think objectively. He didn't want to go source hunting for you. Like he said do it yourself

can you link one of the studies to the massive testosterone release?

that isn't my problem

and unsurprisingly i searched "Orgasm temporarily causes testosterone to drop below baseline." and found no scientific articles of any kind

and how is asking for a source not objective? am i supposed to believe his anecdotal evidence or what my emotions tell me about masturbating?

and you're not even a new poster in this thread since

which other comment did you make as the unique posters didn't go up from 7

Nah, I'm just having some fun.

I also don't have a "nofap lifestyle". I realized this stuff on my own years ago and just follow what tends to yield good results in my own case. I might jerk off once per week, once per every three days, or twice in a single day, whatever I feel like. Also, the correlation between prostate cancer reduction and frequent ejaculation was hazy to my recollection.

Although there do seem to be some clustering constants, as a lot people report heightened arousal around the 3 day range.

dat anecdotal evidence.
Is this Veeky Forums or /x/??

A research on the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men.

Here you go

That just means the results aren't in the title dumbfuck

These are all me, stfu

ah so i'm supposed to believe blogs now?

better go make my own blog with the exact opposite bias and then reference that instead right?

and you didn't link anything

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12659241?dopt=Abstract

forgot link, that post above is the title

I didn't mean to search it word for word...
Look, I googled "orgasm lowers testosterone", this was the first result. Probably mentions prolactin too.

examine.com/nutrition/does-ejaculation-affect-testosterone-levels/

Short of traversing pubmed on your own, that's the best you're probably going to get from me at least.

pubmed isn't a blog

i never said it was

but hey that strawman really helps your argument

ok thank you for linking it

i'm confused as to what happens after the peak

does it go back down or does it stay at 145% of baseline

Well I'm not going to read the entirety of the results but from skimming it I see that if you ejaculate on the 7th or eighth day the cycle starts over and you'll receive another ~47% testosterone boost within another 7 days. But for the group that didn't ejaculate after the first cycle, they did not continue to receive testosterone boosts. After the peak on the 7th day, the level declined significantly on the eighth day

transient biological changes may be observed after ejaculation and at certain points in abstinence but going from those observations to an assertion of any non-negligible long-term health impact is an unsupported supposition that is not a clear conclusion from any of the evidence in this thread

>long-term health impact
Vague terminology, and not even remotely the point.

that was a good one rate 8/10

Ladies, ladies! No need to argue. Your cocks are all very large and masculine.

>When I was 16-17 I was required to spend 3 months in the woods with other people
Maybe it was because you were actually doing things instead of wasting time on Veeky Forums.

Here, I have anecdotal evidence for you too:
When I was 18-19 and a freshman in college I spent my year in the dorms. I still fapped. I felt much better and felt a good deal of relief from anhedonia, anxiety and other symptoms that I had prior.

Having a busy day REALLY helps you get to sleep because you'll be tired from all the stuff you did.

P.S.
>For the most part
means you did sometimes, and
> I abstained from
means you didn't at all. You cannot "mostly abstain" from something, idiot.

>Vague terminology
not at all. it's a standard criteria public health research uses - does the behavior represent a risk factor or protective factor for some disease - that is, does it change the probability of seeing that disease in a group of people.

abstention from masturbation, if it has an effect, probably has at best subtle changes that are only visible when you have a large enough sample size and a well controlled study, and no research has yet been performed in a rigorous manner to demonstrate it

Which is why we're operating on anecdotes relative more primary logic using the available information. The alternative is floundering around and saying "I dunno 'cause no one told me yet".

Please get with the program and catch up to where everyone else started.

>Which is why we're operating on anecdotes relative more primary logic using the available information.
Which is garbage reasoning, and it's, frankly speaking, unscientific trash. Personal anecdotes collected and reviewed in this manner are worthless.

Spoken like someone who will never unravel anything. You've incapable of incapable of insight, prediction, and borderline crippled your ability to to create a hypothesis.

Kindly shush and step aside. People who get things done and understand the value of apparent connections and the greater whole, are trying to have a conversation. One you should be smart enough to realize you've excluded yourself from.

And speaking of things that are crippled, my ability to put together a sentence is completely fucked. Ought to just kill myself.

>You've incapable of incapable of insight, prediction, and borderline crippled your ability to to create a hypothesis.
"Creating a hypothesis" is not the same thing as "assuming it's true based on garbage evidence."

"Abstention from masturbation has positive health effects" is a fine hypothesis. It's eminently testable, it may be biologically plausible, and any research testing it would be inexpensive, non-invasive, and relatively easy.

I'm in no way attempting to dispute the quality of the hypothesis. What I'm disputing is any conclusion of truth or falsehood of the hypothesis given extant evidence. There is no good evidence for lasting, meaningful health benefits from masturbation abstention. We can hypothesize that benefits may exist, but making a leap from there to any statement on the existence of those benefits is completely ungrounded.

>"Creating a hypothesis" is not the same thing as "assuming it's true based on garbage evidence."
The only axioms I'm operating on are things that can be reasonably assumed to be underlying mechanical truths in an average context, and how they might correlate with high level experience.

Let's take a step back and clarify some things:

>"Abstention from masturbation has positive health effects"
This is not something I care about. Framing the conversation through a lens of "positive health effects" muddies the dialogue and drags in unnecessary elements that people (eg, you) then go on to take as implicit. The framework implied is not what I'm operating on.

Now please stop stating the obvious and engage with the topic in a reasonable way. Yes, you've indicated you understand the basic epistemological positions embedded in the proper execution of the scientific method, great. This is good, but let's move on.

Here are my prior two posts:

You're the only one who seems to think anybody put forth a conclusion here and that stance of yours only arose after you were forced to defend your emotional outbursts defending your daily jackoff habits against our discussion points.

Don't act like I put forth a conclusion, I prefaced the comment with, "I have some anecdotal evidence for you guys" for a reason. Fuck off you've been nothing but a problem since you've been in here.
I come back from the gym to see that you've continued to preach your nonsense for something like two hours now

by the way,

this was me
These are all me

That anecdotal evidence was mine, not the other guys. Don't try and pin that on him

>This is not something I care about.
Long term health effects are the only topics I've posted about in this thread or made any assertions about. If you don't care to talk about long term effects, and I clearly do, then feel free to ignore my posts.

What emotional outbursts? I've been calm the whole time. I may have used strong language but that doesn't mean I was emotional.

Just because I disagreed with someone's reasoning doesn't mean I was having an emotional outburst. You seem a little sensitive toward people being angry toward your opinions.

>You're the only one who seems to think anybody put forth a conclusion here
oh? there's been at least two posts in this thread that reported changes in long term perceived mental or physical status after masturbation cessation
>I felt much better and felt a good deal of relief from anhedonia, anxiety and other symptoms that I had prior.
>what tends to yield good results in my own case

>Fuck off you've been nothing but a problem since you've been in here.
Nah, I like it here.

>Nah, I like it here.
You're confusing me for another poster.

>then feel free to ignore my posts.
Okay.

>what emotional outbursts

idk maybe these
>oh? there's been at least two posts in this thread that reported changes in long term perceived mental or physical status after masturbation cessation

Exactly, neither of those are conclusions. They were explicitly stated to be personal anecdotes. You're attempting to frame them as such to spin some defense of your own behavior. you're a child, just look at your posts

This one was actually me, and I posted directly above. My brain is malfunctioning in a familiar way, and I'm really pretty pissed off about it.

guys. what if you recycled/ate your jizz...? would it be like abstaining? would you still drop in test post orgasm or experience an increase in it on the ~7th day?

just make out already

>idk maybe these
Only three of those were mine. It should be fairly easy to tell which ones.

>They were explicitly stated to be personal anecdotes.
Yes. They were conclusions based on anecdotes with a sample size of 1.

And just in case it wasn't clear enough before: Just stop talking to me and I'll go away. I'm not here to hound anyone. I put in my two cents, and I'm responding to posts which directly respond to mine.

>and functions as an anxiogenic with chronic exposure.
>mfw i have anxiety because i jerked off too much

pretty much all of those aren't even emotional outbursts

I've noticed that I shed less hair and grow hair and nails much faster when I abstain from ejaculating

/thread