What would happen if you were in the exact spot that a small meteor touched down but you punched it right before it...

What would happen if you were in the exact spot that a small meteor touched down but you punched it right before it impacts the ground?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/5511619/14-year-old-hit-by-30000-mph-space-meteorite.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dy1QcuAIjp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You would die or be injured, depending on how small it is.

>you punched it

is this some sort of new meme?

It would be very painful

Develop your hypothesis

Superman wannabee

It would probably scrape all the skin off your knuckles, break your fingers, burn you, and potentially cause finger mutilation. Depending on how you hit it you could break your wrist and the two bones in your forearm.

Also if you lock your elbow it could dislocate it.

You ever punched a cannonball?

The meteor wouldn't be traveling as fast as a cannonball

It would ricochet into the sun and the world would live to see another day.

It would get reflected back at the angle of incidence, obviously. This is a basic principle of optics.

You're a big guy

Just glare at it desu

Chelyabinsk, 2013.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq02C_3FvFo

You know damn well you wouldn't need to be anywhere near touching that thing to get incinerated by it or at least get crunched into the ground by its shockwave.

>www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu1vhfnCd3o
I'm thoroughly entertained. This shit's apocalyptic.

4 u

Blah blah blah
blah blah blah
You're going to jump just before the elevator reaches the basement too, aren't you?

it will punch back

I am an American acquainted with the geography of Russia. Therefore, I happen to know without searching that "Chelyabinsk" is a region of russia (an oblast, I think), in the southwestern part of the country, not far from Kazakhstan.

Now, I will search the suggestion of your picture, of course "chelyabinsk meteorite" or similar. But any context that you'd care to share ahead-of-time would be welcome.

I also notice that Chelyabinsk is far to the west of the more famous Tunguska event, in Siberia.

More than likely it wouldnt even be noticeable except for your scattered body parts in the area.

the meteorite is carrying a shitload of newtons
your pathetic arm cannot possibly hope to match the number of newtons that the meteorite possesses
you won't even break your first against its surface
you'll get incinerated by the heat coming off of it before that
of course, that's after the brightness blinds you

>10,000 tons
>small meteor
Cool video though.

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/5511619/14-year-old-hit-by-30000-mph-space-meteorite.html

>Gerrit Blank, 14, was on his way to school when he saw "ball of light" heading straight towards him from the sky.

>A red hot, pea-sized piece of rock then hit his hand before bouncing off and causing a foot wide crater in the ground.

>The teenager survived the strike, the chances of which are just 1 in a million - but with a nasty three-inch long scar on his hand.

>He said: "At first I just saw a large ball of light, and then I suddenly felt a pain in my hand.

>"Then a split second after that there was an enormous bang like a crash of thunder."

Of course you can predict where meteors will land, since they always land in craters, but there is no way you could the timing of such an event to that kind of precision.

isn't it crazy convenient how meteors always land in big holes?

You would get raped by F = m*a

youtube.com/watch?v=dy1QcuAIjp4
I like this one because it shows the delay before the arrival of the shockwave, and how powerful it still was after thinning out over some 50 km

>Gerrit Blank, a teenager from Essen, western Germany, claimed to have been struck by a meteorite as he was walking to school in June, 2009. This claim has since been widely discredited by the scientific community as a hoax.

>news

Guys, captain here, a small meteor wouldnt be very fast. It would burn up almost all his energy in the atmosphere and would hit the ground/your fist with just its terminal velocity.

*flies away*

Lake Chebarkul may help

Obviously you've never heard about thermodynamics.

fucking this.
dont know why it took so long

OP just shoot an rock at similar speeds and keep your arm in proximity of the trajectory - see what would happen for yourself.

tweet at black science man

Just give it the ol' Falcon Punch. I'm sure you'll be fine.