Mfw I discover crispr exists

>mfw I discover crispr exists
Why did nobody tell me about this before? When are you eggheads going to make immortality real?

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/news/chinese-scientists-to-pioneer-first-human-crispr-trial-1.20302
med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2016/06/stem-cells-shown-safe-beneficial-for-chronic-stroke-patients.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Immortality is for our grandchildren. Sorry user, but we were born too early.

why would you want to be immortal? death is a bliss.

I want to live until I'm done nothing more

Work harder, faggot.

No more pain, no more worry, no more responsibility, no more toil and no more regret.

Death sounds A-ok.

Immortality sounds boring. What do you do with yourself after 10,000 years if your memory is so bad, you cant even remember your tenth doctors visit or your 30th day of 10th grade.

Don't buy the hype. We still don't have a way to do genetic engineering on people who have already been born. Embryos we are still very shit at modifying.

We don't even know what we should change even if we could edit genes perfectly.

>We still don't have a way to do genetic engineering on people who have already been born

except the chinese are doing human trials with crispr right now

except the changes they are making probably won't be persistent:
nature.com/news/chinese-scientists-to-pioneer-first-human-crispr-trial-1.20302

>When are you eggheads going to make immortality real?

When you stop calling us eggheads.

Better that the entire human species should go extinct than that a single human being should be allowed to attain biological immortality, or immortality as-such. Everyone else's opportunities have been foreclosed, forever. For a single crab to "escape the bucket", as it were, or to wish such, is the product of a deficient morality which has not really considered the horror of this, how it is an ontological game-changer when for the first time we can say with terror that certain. It is instead infinitely preferable that every human being die.

Happily, even biological immortality, life extension etc should be effected, it would appear at first blush that we remain biological organisms, subject to certain supply chains which must inevitably fail at some point as long as entropy is a thing, thus happily dragging any ambitious crabs back into the bucket that they had the temerity to attempt to leave.

Mercifully, history teaches us that anyone can be killed. On the other hand, it is regrettable that the underclass are as submissive as they are. May they find it in themselves to gut any rich people who should attempt ontological escape.

I like the part with the crabs. XD

what did he mean by this?

What the fuck are you on about?

>We still don't have a way to do genetic engineering on people who have already been born.

>what are stem cells?

med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2016/06/stem-cells-shown-safe-beneficial-for-chronic-stroke-patients.html

We still can't use them to treat congenital illnesses

And from the article:
"Preclinical studies have shown that these cells begin to disappear about one month after the procedure and are gone by two months."

>> For this trial, unlike the great majority of transplantation procedures, the stem cell recipients received no immunosuppressant drugs.
>> In fact, they may actively suppress the immune system.
Missed this part. That is quite impressive. Now if this actually is the case, and we can implant modified stem cells that suppress an immune response, and said cells are persistent, then we pretty much have bioshock.

Well, not actually bioshock, but if things go really well we could probably make people glow in the dark, very, very, very, weakly.

I learned about CRISPR like 3 years ago in my Bio 101 course...

People who work hard, die young though.

>I've just watched that kurzgesagt video and now feel enlightened
Get the fuck back to plebbit. We already knew about crispr for years.

Why the fuck is there a sudden rise in CRISPR threads by scientifically clueless faggots? jeez

Immortality is pretty fucking far away, don't know how you got the idea that we are close to it.

Also, there are about 3 open threads on this, what the hell.

Because all these clueless autists just watched a kurzgesagt video... It is truly saddening

>he wasn't doing research and making CRISPR alleles years ago
sorry buddy you missed the wave

Do you EVER read scientific journals? Why are you here?

Then why do Japs live so long? They work like 60 hours a week