Is race a social construct?

Is race a social construct?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/24/19/3286276800000578-3507993-image-a-34_1458847025268.jpg
cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(16)30247-0
warosu.org/sci/thread/8230483#p8231222
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Yes, in the sense that races aren't actual phylogenetic clades.

If you can breed, you are the same race. Wouldn't recommend breeding with those protoafrican niggers though.

I'm not racist but slaughtering the inferior races may not be such a bad idea.

Kingdom
Phylum
Class
Order
Family
Genus
Species
Subspecies
Race
Breed
>homo sapiens sapiens negro americanus

>canis lupus domesticus legulus aureus

That's a good pupper.

This is now pupper thread.

Races, as they are popularly conceived, are basically a nonscientific social construct. It would be possible to arrange humans on a tree according to modern scientific notions of cladistics but there would be some notable differences. For example, native Americans and East Asians belong in one clade while Australian aborigines, southeast Asians, and Pacific islanders are in another clade, instead of southeast Asians being closer to east Asians as most people think. I'm also not sure you could justify Europeans being at the same phylogenetic level as 'africans' since the former is smaller and much more recent.

>Horses and donkey are the same race

Horses and donkeys have different numbers of chromosomes.

why is this not

>shoveldog.gif

I am disappointed in you user

>Is race a social construct?

It is a taxonomic definition.

And they can breed to make a mule. Therefore, niggers could be entirely inferior, ability to cross breed does not disprove that. Society says its racist to present any research that is negative towards a race of people, even if the research is founded in fact, so we will never know for sure. However, using your best judgement can you honestly say they are any more intelligent or civilized than any tree dwelling ape? Speech does not prove intelligence mind you.

Yes, or to put it in Veeky Forums terminology. Race is a meme.

The mule is almost always sterile though, whereas the half-breed isn't. So the comparison is not entirely fair.

>native Americans and East Asians belong in one clade
Native Americans traveled through Asia but they are actually genetically distant from Asians.

Closer than two isolated African tribes are to each other.

by the way, these groups (eg. native american), are social constructs and this sort of research comes from social science (they give individual a list with checkboxes so that they may "self-report" which race(s) they feel like they are).

This image corroborates my " 'southeast Asians/Aboriginal australians' and 'east asians/natives' are separate clades" point, tough

No, it's a biological construct.

The C3 y-dna haplogroup is actually super rare among amerindians. Most of them are Q haplogroup (which descends from P just like R which ended up in Europe).

This doesn't show the suspected migration from southern africa to south america. It's quite possible american natives for the most part never crossed through siberia at all, aside from Inuits.

Do you mean southeast Asia? I never heard of the southern Africa -> south America hypothesis.

Unfortunately one can't choose to only look at mt-dna and ignore y-dna or any other piece of evidence (we call that sort of behavior "cherrypicking data in order to support a hypothesis"). As you track the flow of other genetic mutations you produce different maps.

More importantly this are very vague generalized guesses for some migratory trends. They don't actually reflect the real genetics of the populations in these regions nor do they tell us very much about their physical characteristics or "which race they self-identify as". Different individuals with similar physical characteristics may have completely different genetics and conversely different individuals with completely different physical characteristics may have similar genetics.

There are many fundamental problems with your "point". I suggest a good starting point may be to actually learn some science.

>mfw a degenerate, sunburned, inbred euromonkey tries to claim my copper god race came directly from Africa without cleaning ourselves off I'm Asia first

If anyone came directly from Africa it was YOU, you fucking MORLOCK. you're RIGHT NEXT TO AFRICA.

Fucking troglodytes.

New World primates are thought to have, possibly, traveled across land masses that dotted between the two. They also have a similarly mutated CMAH gene, but likely developed it independently.

To my recollection, Americans also lack neanderthal or denisovan genes. I could be wrong.

I think geolinguistics theory is in support of the land bridge but yes there is definitely a lot of evidence that there were a few different waves of migration and that the Inuit were a later arrival than the others.

It's worth mentioning that there are other hypothesis as well that put Amerindians on the Americas much earlier (up to 60,000 years ago, land bridge puts them there between 40,000 and 20,000 years ago).

The new world / old world primate separation occurred tens of MILLIONS of years ago, when Africa and south America were quite a bit closer, so it is not really relevant to the origins of the natives of South America who came tens of THOUSANDS of years ago.

>To my recollection, Americans also lack neanderthal or denisovan genes. I could be wrong.

You literally could not be more wrong.

There also exists a neanderthal version of this image but I couldn't find a good resolution copy online and I don't want to waste time copying it out of the original paper since this thread is infested with retarded /pol/esmokers and it's only a matter of time before it gets deleted.

Here's a low res copy:
i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/24/19/3286276800000578-3507993-image-a-34_1458847025268.jpg
and the research paper:
cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(16)30247-0

Instead I attached another image from a different research paper.

>Any subject or conversation about a topic taboo must immediately be sent to the nazi containment board.

wew lad.

Why are you replying to spambots ?

Spambots or shills, I just get tired of seeing the same meme post.

I'll be quiet now, though.

>hurr they must be shills
>there's no way that anyone could ever get tired of hearing "lol nigurz r dum" XXXDDDDD
Please remove yourselves from the genepool as soon as physically possible

Howcome russians and aussies have so little diversity of haplogroups ?

Why are you tired of hearing it, but not tired of seeing niggers do dum shit all the time ?

I'm not poor so I don't have to deal with nignogs.

Sometimes I see them do stupid shit on the news but I just laugh and go on with life.

Because that's a meme that you've mostly made up and unlike them, you're constantly in my face spamming retarded bullshit. That is why you should take your pseudoscience back to

This obsession with /pol/ is silly now user.

Are they vocal about their beliefs? Yes.
Is that reason to dismiss their entire belief? No.

>implying

Telling /pol/ crossboarders to return to their containment board is the most acceptable response to a thread like this. The only reason I'm posting maps is because our janitors are fucking dipshits and they'll leave this thread up all week before banning the OP for three days. I'd rather the thread actually have some Veeky Forums content if I'm going to be seeing this on the front page all week.

>anyone who calls niggers what they are is pol
>cuz every other board can't get enough of tiny chimp ebola dicks and get wanna get cucked
Nice meme SJWtard, did you come up with it yourself ?

It is when their beliefs are pants-on-head retarded and they refuse to listen to any arguments to the contrary. If /pol/ behaved as autistically in real life as they do on the internet, they would be laughed at and possibly also have the shit beaten out of them. They deserve it too. They took this whole SJW thing, and while they originally had a some reasonable points, they took it so far that they became even more cancerous than the thing they were mad about.

>h-he must be an SJW
>t-there's no way anyone else could ever disagree with me ;_;
This pic applies to you too kiddo

The fact that they can't into science and constantly fall back onto pseudoscience is a reason to dismiss their beliefs. There are countless solid arguments against /pol/ users in the Veeky Forums archive.

inb4
>It is your job as Veeky Forums people to invest time and effort into teaching internet retards from /pol/ the shit you learned in your degree.

warosu.org/sci/thread/8230483#p8231222
OP confirmed for /pol/ cancer.

Dude go eat a snickers, you sound hungry and upset

>they took it so far that they became even more cancerous than the thing they were mad about.
that's not true though, /pol/ doesn't have departments on campus nor ascribe to pomo "reasoning". sjws are really the bottom of the barrel and their cancer is far more entrenched.

Yeah if you keep repeating the world /pol/ maybe facts are gonna stop being facts

Don't get a heart attack while spamming those wild memes SJWtard

>muh facts
This is how you can quickly identify and disregard retard who hasn't been acquainted with the scientific method.

/pol/ is literally social science and humanities.

kys yourself

ssshhh, go away ebolakid

>/pol/ doesn't have departments on campus
uwotm8

Yes, SJWism sucks, but you're not convincing anyone by spamming NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK NIGGER KEK all over the goddamn place you retard.

ok kid

>Yes, SJWism sucks, but you're not convincing anyone by spamming NIGGER KEK
That's why I don't. I only pointed out /pol/ isn't in academia, certainly not to the degree SJW shit is. Both are ideological garbage that don't belong on campus.

Why does this dumb /pol/ shitposter keep making threads on Veeky Forums? It always devolves into "go away SJWs" and "why doesn't anyone believe me that smoking isn't bad for your health!".

Why do these mouthbreathing libtard shitposters can't stop flooding every thread with political posts with their hatred of the right ?
Why can't they comprehend that science has nothing to do with namecalling and shitposting leftist memes ?

/pol/ and SJW are both in the social science (aka pseudoscience, aka meme science) departments. Neither are in STEM.

I just fail to see how unironic nazis that are *literally* advocating genocide and politcal purges are somehow a lesser evil than some annoying bitches

Because you stepped out of your safe space hugbox and into reality. Here, let me show you the way back

Social science should be a science, m8. I'd expel the liberal arts from academia personally, other than technical writing and a few other necessities like history, law, etc. More education less indoctrination.

Genetics and haplogroups are not politics nor thought in political-science classes no matter how many cucks spam SJWtard shitposts on Veeky Forums

Race is a biological construct as well as subspecies OP. I suggest you pick a partner with a high IQ and from a good culture instead of falling for these SJWtard self-hating shitposters and avoid turning your future generations into criminal ghetto rats ;)

>I just fail to see how unironic nazis that are *literally* advocating genocide and politcal purges are somehow a lesser evil than some annoying bitches
Because they have no power, dude. The KKK are what 5k people? SJWs perverted civil rights and liberalism with their vengeful bigotry. They are actively demonizing white people and men and they have quite a bit of sway over politics.

SJWtard like you who flood threads with political posting belong to Genetics and haplogroup discussions will eternally remain on Veeky Forums which you are exiled for eternity

Except this is really just another place for you to spam "lol nigurz r dum." Be honest: that's the real reason why you came here, isn't it?

Yes. niguz are scientifically proven to be dum compared to all other races.
Why would you even try to defend low IQ primitive apes who only exist on earth to shoot the cracka and steal their flatscreen ?
What is wrong with you ?

Has the Black Race ever produced a original scientific or mathematical achievement?

No it shouldn't. Not only is it near impossible to run controlled reproducible experiments but many social "scientists" don't even attempt to or if they do they half ass it. There have been a fuckload of scandals of people who have falsified entire careers worth of highly cited research and there have been many studies concluding that a terrifying amount of social science experiments are never reproduced.

Scientism is dangerous, read the French postmodernists on the dangers of scientism

>Stop being mean to us /pol/ crossboarders.

Murder yourself.

>you are exiled for eternity
Spotted the newfag.
These threads use to be deleted every time they were posted, but our mods all fucked off

Is victimization and calling people nazis a science ?
A few liberals in my school said that it is.

That's not even a strawman. That's one of those giant wooden statues they make at burning man.

Well because the heat pump won't have 100% efficiency it isn't worth being tried? Getting social science to be more scientific makes sense, sure we'll probably never perfect anything there but we should try to get as close to ideal as possible no?

On the contrary, we always had these threads until SJWtards flooded genetics and haplogroups threads with SJWtard posts calling every single person names rather than come up with a single scientific argument.

BUT BUT, RACE IS JUST A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT GUYZ.....YALL ALL NAZIS

Genetics and haplogroups are not politics you are right about that. However, genetics and haplogroups have nothing to do with race which is what this thread is about.

>race is a biological construct
It was before we developed modern genetics and proved that hypothesis was garbage.

Are you posting form the 1950s?

>CTR
On this board too now huh gimme a break listen

>races
>scientific
lol

Haha. How can you be this delusional?
The OP is obviously a shitpost.
Do you just get off argueing with anonymous people on the interwebs.?

>its discovered at X year so its wrong
Oh, then please enlighten us SJWtard. Explain what race originate from without inserting the concepts of genetics and haplogroups.
>inb4 we can't know nuthin

>we always had these threads
By always do you mean about eight months ago? Fuck off newfag. I don't know where you cancerbags came from, but please leave

so you don't think political correctness has a role in the attempt to stop any talks about race and intelligence in science, or racial realism....you are such naive lbieral

Do you claim white people and black people are the same ?

Have you ever produced an original scientific or mathematical achievement?

Don't tell me that the closest thing you can call an achievement in your life is self-identifying as he same race as someone else who has actually done something of value. How embarrassing for you.

Name me one worthwiled Black achievement in science? name me one

No. One is white, the other black.
Basic tautology.

right because black people don't constantly try and claim the achievements of so called Ancient Egypt

fuck out of here liberal

So you are against people who are proud to be their own race ? So I'm guessing you strongly oppose black pride people right ?

Can you form a single coherent sentence without autistic /pol/ phrasing?

of course he doesn't.....he is actively trying to destroy western civilization and white pride...but probably is fine with black pride and black people talking about their accomplishments

You know science is not limited with what some neckbeard sees when they see people right ? You are aware they black and white people differ in bone structure, haplogroups, genotypes, intelligence, etc...

>unfalsifiable claims
>falsified research
>unreproducible experiments
>unreproduced experiments
>uncontrollable experiments

Literally any argument you make for social science can also be made for pseudo sciences. When your doctor prescribes you alternative medicine just remember that this is what you wanted.

lol, is this satire?

> I don't know my Egyptian dynasties
> the post

Do you consider yourself a liberal?

why can't white people feel pride in their accomplishments as a race

Isaac Newton, Gallileo, Shakespeare, Mozart, Beethoven, Michelangelo etc. etc. etc.

>getting your political opinions from another person
>2016
And this is why you still subscribe to /pol/

I've been on Veeky Forums since the board was created. Dumb anti-science stormniggers have never been welcome here.

Fuck off you doublenigger.

Nice projection.
Maybe you should actually pick up a book on genetics, before posting on an anonymous forum

says the anti white liberal cock fagget