What was this guy's fucking deal?

What was this guy's fucking deal?

Very good writer; Vienna, Viennese literary styles, and Austrian society and governance were really distinctive and he was a master at using them / depicting them, combined with a strong personal style.

The Metamorphosis. Second-greatest masterpiece of 20th century prose.

He was a genius of his era, but also had a sense of humor that holds up to this day. Also I was surprised with just how much empathy I had for Gregor Samsa.

Best bait of the last 2 hours

small penis

dude bugs lmao

his father

correct answer

g.o.a.t. short story writer of the 20th century

wrong.

You make me sick.

Dry humour and social anxiety.

Whence does the Earth procure its food?

10 kroners per hour, additional 5 for cuddling

what's the first?

Many of his closest family members suffered from psychosis and other disorders, and this may be the source of his preoccupation with madness, isolation, and improbable horrors. For one who witnessed stark delusory terror on a daily basis, it would seem natural to view the world as a fundamentally hostile, cold place and our human values as devoid of substance. It is telling that, in the Silver Key, he identifies fantasy and escapism as the sole source of happiness. This is a man who hated to look at the world.

The trial. One of my fav books. Also: he did drugs, i guarantee it

Why?

Alienation in any sense of the word.

I would peg him as more of an ascetic type. I read somewhere that he enjoyed drinking beers with his father as a young lad, the only happy experience he could remember with him. But I doubt he did any drugs

>wake up
>oh no, I'm bug

>memes

Hahhaha xD

It's a Nabokov reference because Nabokov said the same thing. I think he said Ulysses or In Search of Lost Time was the greatest.

I wish Veeky Forums mods would ban the memers so people who actually have read more than The Metamorphosis could talk with other grown ups.

>greatest of all time of the 20th century
Nigger, u wot?

Because Borges and Munro.

>he identifies fantasy and escapism as the sole source of happiness
This must be very hard for a top-partrician Veeky Forumsizen to admit.

Memer here - I'm older and better-read than you. This is where we come to shoot the shit, serious discussion is had elsewhere. Good luck!

I think you meant "Mom's gonna flip!"

>one who witnessed stark delusory terror on a daily basis
You're overexaggerating. You're also overexaggerating just how hostile, cold and horrific his world is. Maybe because you're not German.

>serious discussion is had elsewhere

And where would that be exactly, r/books?

As much as this shithole is full of memes, there is still some decent discussion and recs here.

I agree.
Memes are fun and there is no where else where people can go to joke about classic works of literature in such a way.
Plus guys like Pynchon invented shitposting. MAJOR MARVY SUCKS NIGGERS! There still is the occasional post that really has some interesting insight, but in general the causal joking atmosphere of Veeky Forums is what makes it good and unique.

cutfag
crazy jew

Surprise Jewishness

MDTBH

What is the meaning of the Trial? Is it a satire on the bureaucratic administration of justice in court procedures, or is it a parable on the originary and transcendental basis of The Law itself?