Mushrooms are fucking perfect. They're the perfect filler, the perfect side, the perfect raw finger food...

Mushrooms are fucking perfect. They're the perfect filler, the perfect side, the perfect raw finger food. Sometimes I'll just buy a small box of white mushrooms and eat them like popcorn at home. Fucking love me some goddamn mushrooms. Why don't you like mushrooms, Veeky Forums???

Other urls found in this thread:

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41UWC4kbxGL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chitin
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh but I do OP.

The best way to eat mushrooms is to fry them up with olive oil, then add salt, pepper and lemon juice. Have them along side chicken breast and fried cherry tomatos for an easy, amazing lunch

Seconded. Mushrooms are great. They're an excellent touch with damn near anything savory. They're great raw and taste even better sautéd. But they've gotta be fresh. Don't even bother with that canned, rubbery bullshit

>Sometimes I'll just buy a small box of white mushrooms and eat them like popcorn at home.
I've done this for ages, too. I'm surprised more people don't. They are so filling despite being super low-cal. Especially after they've aged just a few days and begun to dry out a bit, the nutty flavor really shines. They're so fucking delicious.

mushrooms are cool

sometimes i imagine that when i eat them their spores settle in my neurons and something horrible begins to grow

they are pretty fungi's

I love sauteed mushrooms (in butter), a bit of salt, pepper, thyme or rosemary. Served alongside a nice juicy medium rare steak or some pan roasted herb chicken breast..REEEEEEEEEEEE I just ate now I am craving mushrooms and steak but I don't have any FUCK REEEE

>..
>REEEEEEEEEEEE
Cringe.

Welcome to Veeky Forums newfag.

I've been here for 8 years. I just grew out of childish memespeak. You should try it.

stop posting

No.

How's that?

Whatcha gonna do now, faggot?

Get fucked, what the hell are you going to do about it huh pussy?

>eating mushrooms raw

That's disgusting to me and I use mushrooms in every stew, soup and pizza I make. Sometimes omelettes as well. I forage easily identifiable wild ones too. Raw? Go fys.

You're missing out. They're so spongy and firm.

Fuck I should make stuffed mushrooms with the rest of that crabmeat I have sitting in the freezer.

>olive oil
>not butter
shit taste F A M A L A M A D O O

It's two different tastes. They both have their own appeal.

Fuck yeah mushrooms, it's one of my favorite comfort dishes. Saute that shit with some olive oil, sliced garlic, finely chopped green onion, and a bit of salt and I'm set.

Gerd erld mershrems er gerd ern ertherng!!

I love mushrooms but I have a dangerously low amount of recipes

They can be eaten raw? Isn't it hard to digest?

>They can be eaten raw?

Of course. Never seen mushrooms in a salad?

>>Isn't it hard to digest?
Why would you think that? That makes no logical sense at all. Can you explain your reasoning as to how you concluded they would be hard to digest.

>That makes no logical sense at all.
Things made of cellulose can be hard to digest, nimrod. Ever have your mommy tell you that you had corn in your poo after wiping your ass?

So you think all vegetables are hard to digest? Have you never seen a salad?

Are you implying that we shouldn't eat any veggie because they contain a little bit of cellulose?

A few mushrooms are fine in a recipe. But have you ever eaten a LOT of mushrooms? Exclusively mushrooms, either cooked or raw? I love them, so one day decided to eat an entire pound of mushrooms stir fried with a little butter, as a fairly low-calorie snack.
Some of the worst intestinal cramping and diarrhea Ive ever experienced.

Then they werent good anymore. Mushrooms turn bad pretty easy and thats the point where they shouldnt be eaten raw anymore.

So you're automatically assuming that we're talking about binging on an irrationally sized amount of mushrooms?

Who the fuck eats a whole pound of ANYTHING at once? Yeah, I can see how that could cause cramping and whatnot. But that seems like the exception rather than the point of general discussion.

No I'm implying that your mommy should talk about your poo with you. That way you'd know more about digesting cellulose.

I just had bad (cooked) mushrooms yesterday and they killed me.

Why is the fact that some cellulose is undigested relevant if it does not preclude the consumption of the food?

Your post implies there's something "wrong" with eating it, yet we eat tons of cellulose containg foods every day? What's the problem exactly?

You think it's illogical. It's completely logical for cellulose to impede digestion.

Maybe among carnivores, but not omnivores.

>eating mushrooms raw

enjoy your monomethylhydrazine induced cancer.

Anyone still picking their own mushrooms? Weather's been unseasonably warm so the shaggy manes have lasted a lot longer than usual. They've been delicious.

I'd love to since I have mushrooms that grow on my property but I'm too paranoid that they'll turn out to be secretly poisonous mushrooms that happen to look like safe to eat ones.

I get them from a store like a normal person.

yeeaaahhh buddy XD

They were fresh white mushrooms from the store, they were clean and firm and certainly not bad. I bought them because they looked and smelled fantastic.
That pound of mushrooms were probably only four ounces after cooking. It wasn't a large volume. What other vegetable can make someone so damn sick in such a small amount? And I generally have an iron stomach, but this had my intestines twisted up going crazy. I'm not saying mushrooms are evil, but I DO agree that they are somewhat hard to digest, and need to be diluted with other foods.

>This retard thinks every mushroom contains that compound

Psilocybe grow in shit.

You're eating shit mushrooms.

It's not so much taste as it is texture. They feel like biting into a dirty sponge.

>an entire pound
>snack

Pick one

you don't know what you're missing. there are so many kinds of mushrooms that aren't sold in stores.

Mushrooms are for cucks

They smell like jizz.

White Pips: Nature's Mistake.

I was a super picky kid and raw mushrooms were one of the only things resembling a vegetable I would eat. If I could eat them when I was that young it's not the mushrooms that are the problem.

Last night I made a mushroom loaf. Insides were onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic, beef stock, salt, and pepper. Crust is just supermarket pie dough.

Mushroom and onion gravy is absolute best together with a nice steak. Great in an alfredo sauce with chicken too.
If you like portobellos, grill them and stuff them with your favourite filling. Turkey stuffing, feta with spinach, bacon and onion, it's all good.

Oh man stuffed mushrooms are my weakness. I take plain white buttons, stuff them with loose bulk sausage, minced garlic and onion, and cheddar cheese, and bake them in the oven until the sausage gets dark and crispy on top. It's the ultimate comfy food.

would devour
also sautee your shrooms in a red wine sauce my dudes

shit, forgot I put swiss cheese in there also. You see it in the vents.

Ever since I was shown a video of fungus exploding to spread spores at school I've been really wary of mushrooms, and even before they were too weird to even consider trying.

I know it's childish and illogical, but them's the breaks.

Good thing you didn't see the bovine university video then, Timmy.

I don't like spongy mushrooms raw. Chantrels and shit with that type of texture are OK raw, but not shit like portabella. Otherwise, I love mushrooms. I also find them to be the most fun thing to cut. I could sit and slice mushrooms all day, and feel overwhelmingly content.

I love chopping mushrooms too user. I get a little sad when I run out.

Heat destroys the toxic compounds found in all raw mushrooms...

good sauce of protons as well tbqh famalam

>t.Veeky Forumsizen

No, just no.

Only mushrooms I've ever cooked myself were shitake with fish and rice. They were ok.

What the fuck. We're talkin about mushrooms. Remember, you idiots?

Undigestable cellulose is good, it's called fiber.
And mushrooms are made out of chitin.

other than that blog, I can't find any other sources that back up your claim.

99% of cubes are grown indoors on rice flour.

What part do you contest? I assure you mushrooms are mostly made of chitin and not cellulose, though I think there are some with cellulose.
A biology book with a section on fungi should have this info..

Ah, I see you ran into the same google searches that I've read. Good to know my google-fu is on par with yours.

We went over it in biology class, actually.

So is this new research? It seems to not be in the realm of "common knowledge" yet.

mushrooms are like chinese food in general, it's good as fugg and sumptionus when it's hot and your cravign it, but otherwise you wonder why you would ever eat something that tastes like a dog turd

The class was probably 4 years ago.

It's not new, its in basic biology books which means its atleast a decade old, but being such a basic fact its probably much older. In general plant cell walls contain cellulose, and fungi cell walls chitin. Fungi are distinct from plants overall.

>its atleast a decade old,
So why isn't it in any search engine?
IS IT SOME KIND OF CONSPIRACY!

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41UWC4kbxGL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Oh, I believed him when user said it was in his biology book, but I couldn't find any other sources. This made me wonder when the discovery was made.
It seems to be in books but absent on the usual Internet sources.

samefag please stop holy shit

They're pretty good, but how about these?

Love em.

I don't like the rubbery consistency desu.

i like mushrooms because they look like penises

i love penis

Well it is
Its just that if you search for "mushroom" you get mostly information about food etc since the technical term for the whole thing is "fungus". It's actually pretty interesting if youre into that sort of thing, fungi are separate from both plants and animals, but their cells actually have features that resemble animal cells

>Chitin (C8H13O5N)n (/ˈkaJtᵻn/ ky-tin) is a long-chain polymer of an N-acetylglucosamine, a derivative of glucose, and is found in many places throughout the natural world. It is a characteristic component of the cell walls of fungi

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chitin

>eating fungus
Nasty

Found a hericium growing on a pine log today. Gonna fry this sucker up with some onion and garlic later.

People that don't like mushrooms are the only picky eaters I unequivocally call bullshit on

>i like mushrooms because they look like penises
>i love penis
Same

Seemed reasonable, because its a zero-calorie or at least low calorie food. Even with a tablespoon of butter, it seemed to be the ideal snack.
But NOPE, not after the hours of intestinal cramping. That, I did not expect.
They came out of my ass looking almost exactly the way they went in my mouth. Still recognizable mushroom pieces in a watery matrix. Mushrooms are untouchable in human digestion.

same

No you're just a flawed model

So, you're saying that you could eat a pound of mushrooms as a snack or meal, and have NO issues? Because you are a superior model, or at least "normal"? What did your shit look like? Did your superior digestion really break them down and extract the nutrients? Are you a cow?

I'm a normal human being and I've never had digestive issues from binging on mushrooms.

>binging on mushrooms
I'll bet you live in a mushroom house too

I don't like mushrooms. Even if I try some and consider it's taste is good, my stomach gets sore after them.

Although i can eat spics shrooms like shitake or mung without any consequences. Not a weeb here.

I fucking wish

Why did you save this picture?

Your body won't bother digesting anything if you consume it in such high volume at once. A fucking lb of mushrooms dude? Jesus christ.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

What's wrong with saving a hot picture?

Why wouldent you?!

Thanks bruv.

this, a million times this
I've been eating so many Boletus, Chanterelles and honey fungus this autumn it's crazy, and they've all been picked in the woods outside my flat.

are mushrooms good for you