Veeky Forums I need your help

Veeky Forums I need your help

I submitted three chapters I've written of a novel to an agency. They replied sooner than I imagined saying they are very interested to read the rest. What do I do?

I work 9 hours a day and commute so I won't be able to write the rest of it for months.

Please help.

BUMP

You're posting your feel friend 'Wojack' and your frog friend 'Pepe' on Veeky Forums.

There is no way they are interested in anything you've written. You've probably written nothing and want a 'wageslave' thread on Veeky Forums.

Post proof by showing us the reply or fuck off back to /r9k/, weirdo.

Fess up and hope they work with you or take the L and remember to actually finish your shit before sending it out.

Have a nice day!

I'm not lying. The image perfectly represents my interior duality, one part of me wanting to quit and finish the novel, the other determined to both work a full-time job and complete a novel.

The agency said it would take 3 months to reply, but they got back to me within two weeks. I just wasn't expecting this at all.

I really don't want to miss my chance here. At the moment I am considering not replying for three months and then saying something like "oh my god, I did not expect you to reply so soon! Here's my novel! Thanks!"

Writing a novel is still work, you frogfaggot cunt.

Post the reply they sent you or fuck off.

I think that might make it worse. If you're already in the door like this then maybe you can work something out, I dont know, hopefully someone more experienced can give you a headsup

The agent I sent it to (you have to indicate which agent you want your work considered by) replied saying:

>"Hello [user]

>I've just had a read through your submission and it certainly looks like something I may be interested in. Could you sent me the rest of the manuscript for me please? Have you submitted this work anywhere else?

>Best

>[Agent]

Take a screenshot of the email and post it.

dude its not that fucking serious, is it really that fucking amazing to you that someone gets noticed by an agent?

just tell him the truth. Say you haven't finished it, and that if he gives you a timeframe you'll do your best to complete it. If he still indicates interest I would certainly quit work to finish it.

What's it about friend?

I'm not going to do that. Either believe me or don't. I have literally nothing to gain by lying here.

It's a female. And I really don't think it would be a good idea to tell her the truth here. I feel like I may be able to just take two weeks from work and write 24 / 7 in the hope of writing some 50,000 words in that period. The novel is something of a "NEET manifesto" written in first-person and involving a narrative and so on.

How long has it taken you to write the first three chapters? You risk compromising the quality of your work if you do the whole thing in just two weeks.

Care to post a short excerpt?

>Le why would anyone lie on the internet! I have nothing to gain!
You're an idiot, and an idiot who is bad at lying. Blur out what you want to, and post the screenshot.

well it looks like you already have a solution in mind. Why did you make this thread?

It's clearly a shitpost.

>frog faggot
>'wageslave' thread
>conveniently doesn't want to prove that he has written anything

And now this:
>The novel is something of a "NEET manifesto"

Jesus fucking christ. He clearly wants a 'neet masterrace, wageslaves suck'-r9k-tier thread on here.

Fuck off back to /r9k/

It has taken me around three months to write the first three chapters. I won't post an excerpt at the moment because I have browsed here for a long time and know that 99% of the time any excerpt posted is treated almost instinctively and by default to a degree of ridicule it clearly did not deserve.

>"People will say mean things and that will hurt my feelings"

Fuck off. In the off chance you're serious, I'm with tell the truth and pray user; if your idea is really so great, rushing it will make for a sloppy execution and a greater chance of eventual rejection

Why not telling the truth? It's a pretty understandable situation. You could "think" of the novel while you commute. Like elaborate in your mind, so you can be more productive while you sit to write. Also, do you have weekends off? Also, how about asking for an advance payment? So you can quit your job for say, three months. Ask for your present salary for three months as an advance payment. That's little money for them. Or just come clean and put yourself open to their suggestions. Don't lie, and don't compromise your work. Don't be an asshole.

Post an extract for us to read OP, don't listen to this tards, there's a little chance it's actually not that bad.

Why the fuck would anyone do this? I'm pretty sure every agency's site says they only want complete manuscripts.

It's an /r9k/ frog moron who's just shitting up the board

I could really use a second opinion. I'm not familiar with publishing culture.

She's a fairly senior agent, in the sense that several of her clients are contemporary writers who are well-respected. I don't want to disrespect her.

I did it out of desperation after being worn down by job. I perhaps rather naively saw it as as "way out", not in the sense that I expect any potential royalties to sustain me or anything but only in the sense that having published a book the experience of poverty or underemployment would no longer feel as shameful as it otherwise would.

>She's a fairly senior agent, in the sense that several of her clients are contemporary writers who are well-respected. I don't want to disrespect her.

Lying would be disrespectful. There's nothing wrong with telling the truth. Ask her for suggestions.
Can't you go live with an uncle or friend for three months?

I'm not close to any of my uncles or aunts, and my mother lives with her partner so I wouldn't feel comfortable there. There is nobody else in my life. I have considered buying an old car and sleeping in it at night during the summer and spending my days in the library writing but I feel it would become intolerable sooner than I imagine.

Well, as I've said before, looks like your only option is to come clean with the publisher, with humility and open to suggestions or solutions. The worst thing that can happen is that she'll say "sorry we can't help you with that, but if you can come up with the rest of the novel in a few months let me know"

Bumping

OP:
>"guys I was an idiot, what should I do?"
>anons give plenty of sensible advice, namely "be honest"
>"but I don't wanna"

>treated almost instinctively and by default to a degree of ridicule it clearly did not deserve
you do realize that working in a creative field you have to be prepared for people to shit on you almost constantly right?

i'm starting to doubt the veracity of your claims, and if you are being sincere then fuck you i hope you fail.

>I work 9 hours a day and commute so I won't be able to write the rest of it for months.

hahaha fucking asshole. tell them it's not done yet and see what they say

Do it OP