We Need an Anthony Fantano For Veeky Forums Thread

i get how books take longer than music to consume and how the youtubers who review books now are basically cancer with their "OMG JOHN GREENN" crap.

but still, would be nice to have one person like that.

Other urls found in this thread:

complete-review.com/main/main.html
vocaroo.com/i/s01Gcny1NDWI
youtube.com/watch?v=nwSvOlokV8o
youtube.com/watch?v=zmYrdMKC-d4
youtube.com/watch?v=0v1KV9-GlzI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah we need someone with no real interest in literary theory to spoonfeed people some opinions

GTFO YOU WORTHLESS FAGGOT

who the fuck cares about literary theory.

we need a complete hack with bullshit opinions to create a character like cal chuchesta for literature?

no thanks.

when i say we need somebody like that, i mean in the "someone who posts reviews of books that came out in the current year, and not just videos about what one read." way.

hey man you should make the vids :)

found the pseud

>cal chuchesta for literature?
Who would that be anyways?
Cal Chuchesta is a persona with his own meme releases. The only meme things Veeky Forums has done are those stupid books, which means what? Our Chuchesta is a character from the books? Is our Cal the faggot who experiments with book-binding in his own semen?

complete-review.com/main/main.html

this is helpful.

who the fuck is Anthony fattano. the YouTube generation is so gay. who wants to watch reviews of stuff when they could just be doing that stuff. twitch is the worst of all. you young kids need to kys

cal is kakutani saying how a novel limms a certain way.

It wouldn't work because the internet dialogue for literature isn't driven by new releases like it is for music.

not true though. Magazines and journals and e-zines cover new releases with the same hype you see reviewers showering new music releases. The visual medium though seems more like a subsidiary than an integral part when it comes to lit. Also, one person can only keep up so much.

This. Fuck the whole internet/YouTube culture and people who enable it, even kids/adolescents are realizing it's shit

>one person can only keep up so much.
>answer.

that better than food book review guy said in a recent video (probably his most recent) that he got his inspiration from antonio fantonio. he tries too hard to be cool, though.

i can't the motherfucker. his points are almost dumb and the whole "cool" thing is just embarrassing to watch.

>muh le wrong generation
>muh culutural degeneracy
fuck off.

here's my application, fuck you all
vocaroo.com/i/s01Gcny1NDWI

Veeky Forums is way too hostile for someone to do this

also reading literature tends in my experience to make people rather quiet with a preference for observing rather than being the subject of attention or character for others to observe

Ban all /mu/ posters

fucking seriously, you are a malignant presence

the books pasted over the albums were clever tho.

Fantano is pathetic, we tries to appropriate Sam Hydes shtick but fails on every level

They don't exist because you fags would shitpost their channel to oblivion for being pleb /pol/ pseud sjw shit within seconds of the channel achieving any note

youtube.com/watch?v=nwSvOlokV8o

Behold, the self proclaimed Anthony Lelthano of Veeky Forums and every bit as pretentious

3:25

I just discovered him through this thread. He's pretty funny and entertaining if you don't take him too seriously (exactly like Fantano), and he does put across a few good observations, informed if not anything else, at least by actually having read the book he reviews, which is not something guaranteed in threads here at Veeky Forums. I say he's ok

after watching 10 seconds of this i want to kick this dude's face in

cal chuchesta is the best thing fantano's ever done

>tries to appropriate Sam Hydes shtick
ohhhhh boy
i can't wait for people like you to be everywhere post world peace

oh man i really hope this doesn't take off

WATERY PROSE
DREAMY ETHEREAL SEQUENCE
BORGIAN FLAVOURED IMAGERY
KAFKAESQUE INFUSED PLOT
CRISPY PYNCHONESQUE CHARACTERIZATION

??

I instantly dismissed him after watching him so thoroughly misunderstand Yung Lean.

I need food and sleep. I definitely don't need another Anthony Fantano

you need to finish your backlog not sleep, user. but otherwise you're right.

what confused you, fäm?

I don't get why Fantano's reviews are so revered. He's not terribly funny, his criteria for giving something a good rating doesn't seem to have any standard besides his own enjoyment (at least that's the impression I got, haven't watched one of his videos in years), and yet he has this huge online following.

I don't think Veeky Forums "needs" a Fantano, I don't think we really need anything as a community, but if we did it wouldn't be Fantano, it would be more along the lines of Every Frame a Painting

TRAP INFLUENCED BEATS

"Dur im a child who cant just look on my own for cool book presses and find interesting new novels"

You're what makes /mu/ and Veeky Forums awful; you're here only to consume and feel smart and superior, you dont actuallycare. If you did, you'd dig.

people educated about literature

A good review video would basically be a lecture. People get PhDs to be able to do that well.

BulletDeer is the best booktuber and isn't a faggot

everyone else can suck dicks

youtube.com/watch?v=zmYrdMKC-d4

It will be fucking horrible, Sam Hyde is hit and miss as he is but after world peace we're gonna have a generation of normie poseurs who think themselves funnymen

Not a good idea, OP.

Last time Veeky Forums found a reviewer they liked, they harassed the shit out of her with weird comments and she ended up closing down her youtube channel. All she wanted to do is review books, but Veeky Forums ruined her.

Anyone got that picture that shows how the whole thing happened? It's quite amusing, but at the same time, sad.

Hey, Oxford replied to our weird comments with a whole video. You have no idea how many internet gfs Veeky Forums has had and harassed, or else you only care about the immature ones, like a pedo.

>Hey, Oxford replied to our weird comments with a whole video.
I don't know who that is

>You have no idea how many internet gfs Veeky Forums has had and harassed

You're correct, i only used to browse /mu/, /out/ and occasionally Veeky Forums. Someone posted a picture of what i was referring to on /mu/ once. It took things to the extreme.

>or else you only care about the immature ones, like a pedo.

What?

>I don't know who that is
she's our qt STEM waifu of the moment
>You're correct, i only used to browse /mu/
pleas go back there you sycophant
>Someone posted a picture of what i was referring to on /mu/ once. It took things to the extreme
>extreme
>not even laurie penny level femdom stories
actually just leave Veeky Forums entirely
>What?
you're the one bringing up "extreme" material about innocent virgins

>she's our qt STEM waifu of the moment
OK
>pleas go back there
I rarely browse /mu/ anymore. Just Veeky Forums and /out/.
>you sycophant
In what way am I a sycophant? I don't think you are using that word correctly, user.
>>extreme
>not even laurie penny level femdom stories
>actually just leave Veeky Forums entirely
I don't think you're thinking of the same reviewer that I'm referring to.

sycophants used inform on their neighbours for stealing figs in ancient greece, because they wanted their neighbours punished for a minor crime with major social stigma which resulted in acclaim for them and assrape for their neighbours. eventually people caught on that these crybabies were dicks and the term became a pejorative against people who informed, and is now used for those who are looking for good boy point again. maybe /mu/ didn't teach you greek, but you ought to learn to speak it if you don't want anal tearing.
>I don't think you're thinking of the same reviewer that I'm referring to.
i think you're an idiot newb who only knows katie from /mu/ posting, and knows nothing of our glorious queen st laurie penny and her cock and ball torture. she makes the greeks look tame. :3

tl;dr because you're a dumbass /mu/tant: leave before you get more butthurt babby

people who are interested in literature beyond its capacity to give you smarty pants points

Yes, you explained what sycophants are, but you have not answered my question on how it applies to myself. Nice job.
>i think you're an idiot newb who only knows katie from /mu/ posting
I don't really go to /mu/, but i really don't see how it is relevant to the point you are trying to make, whatever that may be. Also, i don't know who Laurie Penny is, though i did google her, and she just seems like one of those cliche gender studies student.

I feel like all of your posts have been bait

another note. I don't even know who katie is

>Yes, you explained what sycophants are, but you have not answered my question on how it applies to myself. Nice job.
>another note. I don't even know who katie is
You're complainging about the image where Veeky Forums spoke to katie and didn't hide its pissbottles. You're a fucking idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about when he brought up the issue, and a crybabby. I'd think this was bait if that wasn't typical of the /mu/ influx.

Actual pseuds spotted: the best critics don't give a fuck about theory.

I wasn't complaining about it you moron, I was requesting the image. Also, why do you keep talking about /mu/ as if it is my home? You take this site too seriously m8

Also, i don't even think the image was of this Katie person you're talking about. You're probably confusing it with something else

Are you real

>Not a good idea, OP.
>Last time Veeky Forums found a reviewer they liked, they harassed the shit out of her with weird comments and she ended up closing down her youtube channel. All she wanted to do is review books, but Veeky Forums ruined her.
>Anyone got that picture that shows how the whole thing happened? It's quite amusing, but at the same time, sad.

>sad
>do not recommend repeating
yeah neither of those come across as criticism
>It took things to the extreme.
it's not very extreme for here, maybe on /mu/ it is

>Also, i don't even think the image was of this Katie person you're talking about.
It is, we hid our pissbottles for everyone else.
>why do you keep talking about /mu/ as if it is my home?
because you post without knowing memes or levels of extreme for this board which makes you new. you're also /r/ing pics in a way that any self respecting board would bully the shit out of you and not give you pics so you learn how to lurk and shut the fuck up until you're basic at minimum. did you think you were a special snowflake and that kind of shit wouldn't get picked up on and everyone is just being too serious for not giving in to every newbs demands, or just your demands? you're not even /mu/ at this point; you're cancer with a tendency to bump.

youtube.com/watch?v=0v1KV9-GlzI

Isn't that the guy who did the Orlando shooting?

I would do it but the permanence of youtube videos scare me and I don't like having my face on the internet

Yes and no.
It is important; but what I hate is when people act as if literary theory were rocket science.

It can help, and you should get knowledgeable in it if you want to crack some of the stuff you read, but it's not something world-changing.
Especially the postmodern theory. I've never read anything that's as full of shit and gibberish as postmodernist theory and philosophy.

If you are actually interested in literature, you can look up lectures by world class teachers on Youtube. If you are looking for "le funny man XDD", watch Filthy Frank or something.

Anyone else watching all of this? It's hilarious. He talks about how Krist Novaselic of Nirvana gave him his own radio show.

we don't need a fantano for Veeky Forums thread

quit homogonizing media

review sparksnotes books
not the books themselves

you fucking pleb.

Veeky Forums's Cal is Pynchon

You guys laugh at him but not very deep down you know that you're really just envious he can pull of bullshit like this and get a cult following while you can't due to your lack of good looks and oratorical charm

He's essentially the same as a much superior Yt channel called Crash Course that also covers a much wider variety, including philosophy.

The only redeeming qualities are that he's self-aware and charmingly autistic. I wouldn't want him to ruin Veeky Forums for me though.