What clashes here of wills gen wonts, oystrygods gaggin fishygods!

>What clashes here of wills gen wonts, oystrygods gaggin fishygods!
Brékkek Kékkek Kékkek Kékkek! Kóax Kóax Kóax! Ualu Ualu Ualu!
Quaouauh!

Was he the original shitposter?

LORD KEK XDD
PRAISE LORD KEK

MEME MAGIC HEEH

IF DUBS THEN KEK BLESSES US ALL LOL

>toilet humor
>'hurr durr Ulysses is the greatest novel ever written!'
when did you realize Joyce was a hack

aw shit we eatin tonight senpai

absolutely epic! can't believe i got two digits that are similar hehe :D

praise KEK!

he really loves us. MEME magic proves it lmao

blessed by kek

thx senpai

>clash of wills
Sounds like a willy war reference.

Zen is basically a cult of serious shitposters

>A monk asked Yúnmén Wényan, "What is the Buddha?"

>Yúnmén answered, "A dry shit-stick."

gangster

>In the wide land under a tender lucid evening sky, a cloud drifting westward amid a pale green sea of heaven, they stood together, children that had erred. Their error had offended God's majesty though it was the error of two children, but it had not offended her whose beauty is not like earthly beauty, dangerous to look upon, but like the morning star which is its emblem, bright and musical
Nah, he's alright.

Aristophanes was

He's quoting Aristophanes. I'm p sure it's a play called the frogs, it's the frogs going brekekekek anyway. They're laughing at Dionysus who is dressed as think Heracles iirc.

>as think Heracles
*twink
Why does autocorrect always forget the important words?

>when did you realize Joyce was a hack?
probably after i read Dubliners, his seminal short story collection. or maybe after reading one of the greatest bildungsroman ever written in Portrait of the Artist As A Young Man. nah, it was definitely after reading Ulysses, one of the greatest novels ever written. yeah, that was it. what a hack. not great at all.

Currently reading Portrait. Mostly great, but the endless description of hell puts me a little off.

Oi check out Aristophanes' Frogs innit pham.

Ostrogoths and visigoths had willies I'm p sure. I don't think Oysters have willies exactly tho

THANK YOU BASED.KEK

>bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk!

What did he mean by this?

Fart noises. It's the literary equivalent of pfffft, true patricians have thunderous farts tho unlike anime cats

Detected

>thought I was procrastinating on school work
>turns out I was being led here so I could receive KEK's blessing

TYBK

Would you bask in Nora's farts all night while stroking your fat mickey?

Thanks, janitors.

That's the second best passage in the book desu

Brekkekek-part is from Aristophanes' frogs. It would be him in any case.

It's very well written and interesting, sure - but it takes up so much space of such a short book that it makes me feel a bit uneasy, I would like more personal experiences of Stephen.

What's the best passage then

Yes, incredibly well-written; I personally don't have any religious convictions, but that passage actually made be fear a bit for my eternal soul, which brings me to
>I would like more personal experiences of Stephen
But the change in lifestyle that Stephen undergoes needs to be justified. Stephen doesn't just become religious. He becomes a full-blown ascetic, which is a pretty dramatic transformation considering where he was before. That transformation demands an intense passage promising eternal suffering in hell.

I had in mind the epiphany scene in chapter 4 when I made that post, but now I'm wondering if the conversation with his schoolmate at the end of chapter 5 might be the best. Either way, the sermon passage gets demoted to third best (or maybe I should say favorite).

>he hasnt read Prometheus Rising