Hard work

>hard work

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yitang_Zhang)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw smart but lazy

>tfw someone tells me that he doesn't just cram the night before and gets an A

it makes me feel bad that there are people less fortunate than me

how exactly does a 22 year old destroy a world champion twice his age?

>india
>norway

that's why

would you rather be a child prodigy destined for greatness or someone who emerges into greatness from nowhere later in life?

Give an example of the latter first.

>Indians being dumb
Genetics. That's how.

child prodigy. Why become great later in life when you can be great as soon as you shat out of your mother's womb?

B8

yitang zhang (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yitang_Zhang) could work depending on how much 'nowhere' you want

>spend phd working on impossible jacobian conjecture, no papers published
>over 20 years later, after working in subway forever, make the first breakthrough on twin prime conjecture by getting the first finite bound on gaps (70 million) whose techniques eventually led to reducing that gap to 6

No really. Every household name had been a child prodigy.

Oh yeah I didn't know give me the comprehensive list

Its surprising how age affects your cognitive ability.

I don't know why it is a surprise, but it always is.

How much time do people have until their cognitive functions start deteriorating, assuming they're in their early 20s?

it's hard to solely fault his cognitive ability since he was still #2 after losing... you make it sound like he became worthless

It starts happening around 25-ish. That's essentially when the brain has entered the final stages of maturing. Around 30, if you haven't specialized and you are working a day job (or, really, occupy yourself with someone else's concerns), you can kiss a career in mathematics goodbye.

I don't know, maybe 25?

I am not saying he's old and worthless, I'm saying young dudes will replace old dudes eventually. It feels wrong, but aging is a big reason.

There aren't any 60 year olds winning championships against 20 year olds in much, is there.

you're ok senpai, and be glad you are studying, you are fighting Alzheimer's too

Didn't intend to be a source of gloom.

I've probably killed more neurons drinking than most kids get a chance to let rot away in public education.

Hang in there and remember this: Ultimately, existence reduces to the pursuit of power. You are on the right track to at least deliberately expose yourself to new ideas.

This.

Can anyone actually explain why a child prodigy can have this much more natural talent at a game dominated by experience and memorizing game states and openings

More experience

By the age of 6 he had played more than kasparov had in a long life

Intuition and a photographic memory.