Be honest when I answer Veeky Forums

Be honest when I answer Veeky Forums
Where on the scoville scale do you like your food?
Where is your tolerance level?
Favorite spicy food?
>3-7k
>30k
>Jalapeno poppers

Other urls found in this thread:

publix.com/recipes-planning/aprons-recipes/fall-sausage-ragu-with-gnocchi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I mean, I'll occasionally eat shit that makes me drink a fuck load of water after I'm done with it, but I don't see the point in eating spicy things that ruins your meal. I understand the novelty of eating a ghost pepper with a bunch of friends or whatever, but I don't get the people who sometimes post in these threads pretending like something isn't spicy at all when it very clearly and factually IS spicy as fuck. I'm not a pussy, I just like to enjoy what it is I'm eating. Don't sit there like captain big dick and tell me habeneros aren't spicy you twat. they are, but I'd prefer them in a sauce where they don't overpower all my food.

Is it possible for you to enjoy curry?
Curry is generally my second favorite spicy food.
Also, it's not about being a pussy, it just generally effects people differently. I think it's genetic or some shit, but you can work your way up.
Like muscles.

I get some food may not be as spicy to some people but habeneros are spicy. I can eat one, but the heat is apparent. And I've actually never had a curry because we don't have a lot of indian places here int he midwest. I'm in saint louis so we have a lot of BBQ, pizza, some bosnian joints, greek, chinese, mexican. not really any indian places unless you actually plan on going out and paying some money.

Somewhere between 4 to 10k
Maybe more if it's something like jjigae or chili

Curry is delicious.
A habenro is spicy, but I don't think it's intolerable.
It can be used properly in cooking without ruining it.
Pic related is the hottest I'll go for eating peppers without making them into a sauce and using them as slices in food.
Also Thailand, Indonesia and southeast asia all make great curry.

yeah no it's not intolerable. I use habaneros and serranos in my hot sauce, and half the time I don't use enough and the sauce is too mild. still tastes fucking amazing.

i don't have a set level

sometimes i just like to eat something obscenely spicy because 1. i have expendable income and 2. eating is a S E N S O R Y E X P E R I E N C E and heat is dope.

that said, i have a ghost pepper sauce i've been dabbing with recently and it's around 1,000,000 on the scoville iirc. jalapenos taste like bell peppers to me now.

desu, using habaneros for anything other than their flavor is pleb tier. the heat is just a bonus. habanero taste fucking amazing, especially when paired with something sweet.

somewhere slightly spicier than jalepenos

probably the spiciest thing I had in recent memory is some spicy pho that I wasn't expecting to be all that spicy, but it was super hot and sort of ruined the rest of the flavors. so somewhere between spicy and not too spicy

hence the 'still tastes fucking amazing.' part of my post.

Pic related: Habanero peppers

Hab's are perfect for my taste. They have a wonderful citrus and peppery flavor, and enough heat to kick your ass, if that's your goal, but they aren't as ridiculously hot as a ghost pepper.

I chop up one or two and toss them into almost every evening meal I make. They really are wonderful peppers.

>Scoville preference
0-100k
>Tolerance
probably about 150k for actual food, probably close to the 2 million range for small doses of sauce/extract/peppers. I will do hotter, but I turn into a sweat-laden, snot-dripping, eye-watering, crimson mess.
>favourite spicy food
wings

Best flavour.

I keep a jar of mashed habs with a clove of garlic, a dash of salt, and just enough vinegar/citrus to keep it, and make it paste-like. Like sambal-oelek, but with an almost fruity undertone thanks to the habaneros.

I just bought some of these, 12 for $20 from the walk-in store!!
I tried to make a thread about Curolahna reapers earlier, but my camera won't let me take less than 4mb.. =\

I work in a grocery store.
We have a department that's dedicated to demonstrating in-house recipes, today's was a fall sausage raggu with gnocchi.

There was a lul in customers so I decided to try it. It had a very small amount of heat, and I hate spicy foods. It tasted fantastic.

Then some Midwest Michelle looking lady comes around and the demo person asks her if she'd like to try a sample. She says "No, I tried it yesterday and it was way too spicy for me"

I will never understand midwesterners and their aversion to spices (both piquant/hot and flavor spices)
the recipe's here, just so you guys can see just how not spicy this shit is publix.com/recipes-planning/aprons-recipes/fall-sausage-ragu-with-gnocchi

>like
100K~ I use habaneros very often, but I didn't know they were that high on the scale until I just googled it
>tolerance
My sauce I'm using now is 550K and it can get to be too much if I put more than a few drops, it's wonderful
>favorite
spicy fish stew. things seem to get even hotter when it's got liquid involved, maybe it coats your mouth better. It used to be chili, i'd make it ridiculous, where one bite would ruin me for a couple minutes

You guys ever get really spicy poops? I don't, and I'm wondering if/when I will

>mother likes my meatballs
>its just meat, egg, breadcrumbs, some shitty powder parmesan and a bit of red pepper flakes
>dad visibly sweating after trying one and refuses any more
I thought it was a joke, but maybe it was true, there are people with many more tastebuds that taste things more strongly?

>preference
100k - 300k
>tolerance
none
>favorite spicy food
jerk chicken

I have a shit ton of ghost peppers and I want to turn them into a puree, what can I use as a preservative for the liquid hellfire?

Highest I've ever eaten is habanero. I don't know how to get anything spicier without having to buy it online.

I've 'technically' eaten ghost pepper because of those Paqui ghost pepper tortilla chips but I know they're nothing compared to an actual ghost pepper.

Water is counter productive. Drink milk, bread, or eat ice cream.

Those chips are so good, I'm surprised they sell something that spicy on the shelf at wal mart. I can't wait to hear about a kid accidentally eating them
If you just want to try something higher on the scale, I'd suggest sauces. They're under $10 a bottle and last a while, I find them at flea markets, or if I'm in the mood for a particular one, Tijuana Flatts sells some. They have a little sauce bar to try a select few

Historical preservatives have been salt and vinegar.

For cabbage preservation, for saurkraut and such, 3% salt by weight is enough to create an atmosphere that keeps the funk out of your shit.

Regardless, look into preservation on the net. You don't want to create the conditions that support botulism user.

>drink bread

The thing is though, you get desensitized, you build up tolerance. Putting half a habanero in your dish to start, cooking,you like it, make it more often, want to get that spicy kick you used to, you're up to slicing raw habanero to put on your burrito, and so on

acidity and salt... or, if you want to get weird, you can put your puree in a small, sterilized container with a one-way valve/air lock and let them ferment. The CO2 should keep a lot of malignant bacteria and mold at bay.

I'll occasionally eat a raw habanero pepper with my food, but only finish about half of it. Those are between 200,000 and 300,000 on the scoville scale.

Other than that, I love Dave's Insanity Sauce, which is about 180,000 scoville. I pour it on my cold fried chicken from the deli.

I've never tried anything hotter, but I'm sure I can hang with the best of them.

>Those chips are so good, I'm surprised they sell something that spicy on the shelf at wal mart. I can't wait to hear about a kid accidentally eating them.

Were we eating the same chips? The ghost pepper chips with the black bag, right? Maybe I had a weak batch, but I was really disappointed. Less heat than something like habanero doritos.

I grew up in a Mexican family, and my grandmother always made this really hot salsa using dried arbol peppers. I've always wanted to make the same thing, but add dried Carolina reapers and dried ghost peppers to the mix. Basically any extremely hot popper that I can get in dried form.

On that note, if I'm working with the hottest peppers available, would I be diluting the spiciness by adding habaneros or serrenos?

Yes the black bag, but the one before they put a blatant tortilla chip on the front, I haven't tried them since they got the new bags, they might be different.
adored habanero doritos, but I was eating those 10 years ago just fine, before I really got into spicy things. haven't had them in years but I'm fairly sure these Paqui ones are "better"

to an extent. Once you get into the hundreds of thousands and beyond though, it's not immediately noticeable as anything but painful. Habaneros make a great flavour addition to scorpion and ghost based sauces... haven't mixed reapers yet.

Good to know. I once made the salsa I mentioned, but also adding a couple of each fresh pepper I could find in the grocery store. It ended up being too fruity, which is why I only want dried and extremely hot peppers for this batch.

I'll definitely post a cook along once I get the ingredients together. I see too many salsa request threads, and yet every time I post the recipe I use, I never get a reaction or confirmation of use.

If you make a curry / salsa with ghost peppers, you're not going to reduce the heat by also incorporating habs, or serrano peppers, mexibro, all you'll be doing is adding the flavors of the lower heat peppers.

Each pepper adds its own unique flavor profile, along with the heat, so experiment and find a combination that's right for you.

>Where on the scoville scale do you like your food? 100,000-500,000 for basic stuff like eggs or chicken
>Where is your tolerance level?
1,000,000 is usually the limit for something still tasting good and not just being hot and painful. I like bhut jolokia and reaper sauces when I want something really spicy
>Favorite spicy food?
chicken wings

>Where on the scoville scale do you like your food?
15k-25k
i handled 100k hot sauce, want to try something hotter
>Favorite spicy food?
mapo tofu

>eats whole habanero
>"ah yes, heat is apparent"
No

>the heat from a habenero isn't apparent

yeah ok big guy. it's not holy-shit-give-you-diarrhea spicy but it is obviously fuckin there.

>yeah ok big guy. it's not holy-shit-give-you-diarrhea spicy but it is obviously fuckin there.
i used habaneros as pacifiers. dont be a bitch

someones compensating

how much did you get your ass fucking whooped in middle school

just shitposting buddy

How many scovilles is the McChicken, The greatest fast food sandwich?

>The greatest fast food sandwich?
I believe you mean the spicy McChicken

I do about habenaro level as far as comfort.
I actually find the slightly sweet taste of habenaro pleasant.

On a challenge level I can eat ghost chilis and reaper chilis. Not that I enjoy it but I can handle those. I sure as shit wouldn't be chucking them into any dishes unless I was using a sparing amount though.

2500-5k
100k+
>Favorite spicy food?
Chiles Rellenos - I fucking love poblano peppers.

I like just enough spice for a gentle warming sensation. As soon as food starts to sting or burn I'm not that into it. I can handle very spicy foods just fine but I wouldn't order them if given a choice.

>Don't sit there like captain big dick and tell me X aren't spicy you twat.
the same thing some people will think about you when talking about something less spicy

>2
theres nothing less spicy than habanero

>Habanero chilis are very hot, rated 100,000–350,000 on the Scoville scale
well you're just proving my point

100,000 is the threshold for spicy
anything else is exotic ketchup

i don't get the point of shitposting

I like my spicy food around 150k-300k
stuff below 100k barely registers for me
I like making spicy stir fries or chili

i have nothing else in my life

for me i prefer spiciness to be an over time thing. I want to eat something that as I continue through my meal my sinuses open up and I might be sweating a bit. I can feel the heat coming off the back of my throat. Sets off the endorphines and creates that addictive feeling to consume more.

And it doesn't even have to be that hot to do that. I don't understand the point of food that's so hot that you have to sign a waiver for it. You're not even enjoying it. And even if you get through that part you forget that you'll have like the worst spicy shits of your life.

Waivers are for shock value. The hottest food I've ever eaten was a thai curry japchae (the Kim Reaper) in a pointedly unassuming fusion restaurant. Middle of the curry menu, 3 peppers beside its name (which doesn't provide sufficient warning), no photos, no gas masks, waivers, just a brief description in the menu, and a recommendation of a coconut ice-cream based dessert.

>Waivers are for shock value.
Exactly.

For me it depends a great deal on the dish I'm eating. I suppose the hottest things that I like would be things like chili crab and other stir-fries, mapo tofu, peri peri chicken, and certain (but not all) curries. Those dishes I like really hot, I would guess in the 50,000+ range. But I certainly don't like all my food that hot. Plenty of dishes that one might call "hot" like Cajun gumbo or Chili I tend to season much milder. I like a lot of the milder Mexican "hot sauces" too. And of course I also make European foods which are not hot at all.

>Favorite spicy food?
crabs or shrimp stir-fried with chili and garlic. fish head curry

Curry ranges from sweet to fiery, so probably yes.

150k-350k

Probably 500k, but I have had some drunken 1m+ wings that I enjoyed going in, but not out

>Favorite spicy food?
Since I'm white I generally get it from either the Mex or Asian side. Mex - my friends moms mix of black and red mole, she doesn't speak english and he really doesn't know what to call it, but it's bretty gud with the goat that his dad slaughters and some tortillas. Asian side, probably fish head soup or fried tofo.

I like generic hotsauces
No idea what my limit is
Wasabi is my favorite

I have no fucking idea about scoville scales and honestly what kind of nerd even gives a fuck?
Kinda depends on the food though, I might want just slight tinlging sensation to one dish and my eyes watering spice for another

This. I never really think about it. Even the hottest fast food is way too mild, but I don't particularly care for "This Sauce Will Fuck You In the Skull" gimmick bottles either. Everything should have different levels of spice. Fried chicken is okay with just a Louisiana sauce, although one that's a little on the hotter end of that spectrum. Pho/Hue should be much hotter, but not so much that you destroy the delicate balance of the broth. Wings should taste like Frank's, but be much hotter. SEA/Korean noodle dishes should usually rape my face, unless there is some reason not to (like certain dishes which should have a nice sour kick). I always order as hot as possible when I get spicy Chinese or Indian takeout.

It doesn't really matter. As long as there's an option for people who want to add heat to their own plate, like hot sauce, spicy pickle, or whatever, I'm good.

I'm from Iowa and white as can be.

I love Thai, Mexican and Indian food and I cook all sorts of spicy shit.

I've got a pork shoulder in the crock pot for tacos tonight and it's taking a swim in a nice puree of peppers/onions and a handful of spices I bought yesterday. And I've got an entire shelf of hot sauces waiting to meet it.

I think it's going to be quite nice.

Whats your tolerance level for your butthole guys?

for me it's around 50

Have you ever shoved hot peppers up your butthole?

It hurts so good.

>Wings should taste like Frank's
terrible

9 inch circumfrence

Then resize it you mongoloid.

>3-7k
>30-50k(basically a cayenne)
>Jalapeno peppers kek

Does anyone use szechuan pepper to compliment the spice? I made a carolina reaper/ szechuan pepper mayonnaise to go on a grilled cheese and it was perfect.
It was around 50000 units, but it didn't feel like it

>szechuan pepper

I bought some and have used them in a variety of dishes, but they don't do much for me....

Serrano pepper is about as hot as I want a large/meal-sized food to ever be. Any hotter and I don't think I would enjoy finishing it.

If it was just a snack or bite of food, I could deal with it being even hotter, as long as it also tasted good.

Those chips had almost no flavor at all. very boring apart from the heat.

>WEW LAD

I like to drizzle some ghost pepper sauce into my soups and then add some Frank's or Tabasco. Probably ends up totaling somewhere between 5-10% of the soup's volume.

I find if I dab the ghost pepper sauce (650,000 scovilles) on my finger, even after washing my hand the fingertip will be numb the next day.

just had the mango habanero wings at BWW last night. I would say that they were just about at my max level. I can go a little hotter. Where am i?

>Frank's or Tabasco
Why not just add vinegar

I find the Frank's does slightly alter the pepper flavor, but yea for Tabasco I may as well be using vinegar since the ghost pepper flavor completely overwhelms any of the pepper in it.

ghost pepper jerky is the best thing ever

Oh really, is that the case for YOU? Don't think so, and don't try to sugar coat it to pretend like this is. Yeah, I get it, tolerance blah blah blah. Except, NOTHING ever makes habaneros be MILD to anyone, and absolutely everyone who pretends such are just simply LYING. Fucking straight up lying, OR perhaps their tongue is so burnt from smoking CRACK that they don't even feel anything anymore. Except, no, that isn't the case because lips still burn. Throat burns. I am so fucking sick of people pretending something isn't hot/spicy when it absolutely, obviously and undeniably is. Fuck you, you fucking sack of shit.

agreed. you actually brought up a good point though. there's a lot of cigarette smokers, which could have an effect

Yeah, they call it that. Its not. They just put a certain level of capsaicin extract in there to be able to call it "ERMAGERHD GHOST PEPPER JERKY". They could give you the same result with jalapeno extract, you god damned fool.

I once ate a habanero as a bet for $100. Wasn't allowed to drink milk. It was uncomfortably hot, but the worst thing was that it gave me stomach pains. Maybe it would have been better mixed in food, but I'd say that's my limit.

Funny I should come across this thread.
I've got about 150 mixed seeds and a couple heating pads arriving next week for me to start germinating.

The 'being able to tolerate carolina reapers in my sleep' dickwankery is a little stupid, because different people perceive the heat differently, it's not the same to everyone, so the scale is not useful in that regard.

That said;
0-15k
About 150-300k is where I get hicuppy and my nose gives up hope. Uncle made some peruvian white sauce the other year, that shit was too much for me. Had some pineapple, tomato juice and garlic in it, other than the crippling heat it was so fucking tasty.

But really, I'd rather have an assortment of heats for guests to use (or not) at their leisure instead of just growing 500lbs of Bhut. My goal is to have a neighbourhood famous peri peri mix.

I wouldn't like to consistently eat spicy things but they have their place in what I like to eat. The most I'd like to eat often is a jalapeno

Hey guys this isn't really relevant to the thread but I have a spicy question. Whenever I go to Wing places I usually have some variety of mango-habanero wings, and then something spicier than that. Those are usually like 8-10 on the places heat scale
They have no adverse effect on me.

When I order buffalo wings, usually 3-4 on the scale at the particular place, they absolutely light my mouth aflame. I can eat 1 and then the 2nd hurts too bad. I know it's not intolerance to spiciness, so what could it be?

It really depends from shop to shop.
When I order butter chicken, I ask for medium, they say ok, then I reiterate that I want indian medium, not white people medium and they understand.
It might be that the mango variant are more common to certain ethnic groups than buffalo or that they use a completely different mix. The mango probably takes off a lot of the heat, though.

Well at "East Coast Wings" I had some of their hottest wings (which they made me sign a waver for) which didn't hurt me as much as their buffalo. I think it's just a really weird genetic thing like those people that taste cilantro as dish soap

>I think it's just a really weird genetic thing like those people that taste cilantro as dish soap
When I was a kid I used to hate cilantro because of this but I've grown to like it. It just tastes 'clean' now for lack of a better word.

Not the same guy, but I enjoy ghost pepper jerky too.
I know there's not actually ghost peppers in it, but I just like the taste of spicy jerky

Local butcher used to make peri peri bites, from actual beef and actual peri peri. I loved them so fucking much but I'd always buy like $40 worth (about a kilo) and keep eating till my gums bled.

So. Fucking. Tasty. I know the recipe for the most part, half a cup of lemon, their blend of peri peri and a few tablespoons of lea and perkins but fuck me I don't know how they marinate it.

vinegar and salt content most likely - I'm not sure the exact biochemistry behind it, but acidic media seem to boost capsaicin's effect, and salty liquids like broth or sauce seem to just open up the receptors.

I'm hunting for the answer on wikipedia right now.

A lot of people dumb down my food. It's become reflex to say stupid things like "It's ok to make it hot. I like spice," "'The condensed milk is fine. Your coffee's perfect the way you usually make it," and "Please, toss some pickled turnip in there. It's not the same without it."

Sweetness does cut heat, and mango pairs really well with habanero flavour-wise - adds a bit of pine to round out the floral fruitiness of the habs.

Same here user. Cilantro was so common in my childhood diet that I grew to like it even if it does taste like soap.

I've had BWW's Blazin' wings and Wingstop's Atomic wings. The Blazin' wings were supposedly "something" over 70k SHU. The Atomic wings were somewhere between 150k-300k SHU (the waitress humoured me in saying that once I ordered them, they couldn't take it back). Although I finished both, it was uncomfortable and I couldn't taste anything besides the capsaicin.

Heat without flavor is pointless to me which is why I like the BWW's Mango Habanero sauce which is said to be 50k-70k SHU. It's got enough flavor that isn't completely overpowered, but enough heat to make you work for it.

when your training yourself to handle a straight up ghost pepper eat. on my 17th in 3 weeks; it's getting easier but holy fucking shit. At first you're like this is nothing, then it happens. then you're like ok that isn't 2 bad, and then it happens again. your fucking ears light on fire literally and from there it's all down hill. 20 mins go by and you're out of the woods though. just gotta keep pressing on. holy fuck you wish you didn't exist for those 20 mins though; it's not heat, it's pain, equiv of a compound femer fracture. at the same time you are in pain though, yo u go fucking crazy and jump around like an complete retard.

this being said, i totally fucking want to do it again, and i will keep uping my game. so fucking painful, i doubt anyone here has actually done it, bunch of pleb responders.

this is childish.

They're spiced, but not as bad as they were when you first tried it. Tolerance does exist and pretending otherwise is willful ignorance because you put some sort of stock in being "manly" over what you eat.
Grow up, eat some more, get used to it, then you'll feel like a big man or whatever is the issue for you here. Go visit India or something, eat things way too spicy for you, then go back to habaneros and you'll eat them no problem, the same way tabasco sauce or buffalo sauce is just vinegar to you now

ask someone who never had something more spicy than a jalapeno anything