What does sci do with their notebooks and course materials after they finish a class...

What does sci do with their notebooks and course materials after they finish a class? The practical me says to discard them but the sentimental me is having trouble. I own the textbooks for the courses which are much better and more organized references, but throwing these away feelsbadman.webm

Theoretically, I throw them away, but if I look in my closet I'm sure I'll find stacks of old notebooks

I've never needed to use a textbook and all of my notebooks end up in peer-reviewed journals, so I can't relate to whatever issue it is that you're having. Sorry.

Kek

I put everything in binders organized by subject. I graduated with a BS in Animal Science and a BA in Biology so I have a binder for animal science, a binder for biology, a binder for STEM, and a binder for general courses/electives. I took really good notes and have often used them as reference material for other courses. I'm tempted to toss the gen ed/electives binders because I'll never use that information again but I'm somewhat sentimental.

I only kept an anatomy and physiology textbook since that information most likely won't change for a while and an animal biochemistry book because it's relevant to my current studies and has some neat information on animals. Anything else I might need is saved on my computer (PowerPoints, journal articles, etc).

transcribe them using LaTeX into electronic copies that are editable and available at all times.

Are you Gauss or?

Scan them and save them on a harddrive. Textbooks I always save, you can never have a pretentious enough library.

which notebook and course materials lol? are you high school student?

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

No am sophomore in undergrad. Taking graduate ee classes at stanford this summer

roll them into a tube and shove them in my bum, I then sell them to people that are in the classes below mine as study guides.

But anonnn... we're having so much funnnn

I had half a shelf full of notebooks.... all different courses going back half a dozen semesters. Just tossed them all because I need the space for new books... I know the feels.

Keep the textbooks. Toss the notebooks.

Put them into binders and shelf them or into bags and box them in the attic/basement/garage

Im a pyromaniac and a gun enthusiast so i typically pour gasoline on them and put tannorite behind it.

>BA in Biology

...What? Why?

I had to stay an extra year at undergrad because I changed career paths. A lot of classes for Animal Science overlapped with Biology and was just a few classes away from getting the BA. I figured if I was there already, why not?

Double dipping huh? No gripes here. Had a friend who triple majored in bio(premed), chem, and biochem

I don't think double dipping will help me much once I get my doctorate but it's something else to hang on the wall, right?

I knew someone triple majoring in those too! I think she was going into dentistry, which is pretty competitive from what I've been told. I'm only speaking from experience but if you can double dip, I don't see why not. It'll give you a competitive edge if applying for graduate programs and you'll be taking courses related to your field of study as opposed to gen ed courses or not taking any classes and losing your full time classification (if needed for scholarships, club memberships, etc).

I fucking trash it, if I kept every notebook my room would be FULL of stacked notebooks.

this

I keep my old notes in a clothes drawer.

I'll usually hold on to them for a semester or two then junk them. I always think I will go back and reference something from my old notebooks but I never do. I find I usually go to my old textbooks or the internet if I need to look something up again. If I kept neater notes maybe it'd be a different story but I don't so it isn't worthwhile to hoard them.

>he's not able/willing to take his notes in latex in real time.
>laughing_whores.jpg

I write on printer paper. Once I'm done, I put them in plastic sheet protectors and put them in a binder, arranged by subjects.
I like having them. I have actually re-read some of these, especially when I was TA-ing. It was nice having a source of problems with their solutions or to re-read my notes (then again, I took pretty good notes).

Organize them by subject, stack them up, and put them into boxes.

On rare occasions I run into a situation where I need work I've previously done and I'm very grateful to my past self for having the foresight not to throw it away.

I've considered doing this for a summary of major definitions and theorems. I wouldn't be able to do this for all of my work though since I literally have boxes and boxes of giant stacks of notebooks.

You never realize how much writing you produce in a year until you have it all organized in several large stacks in front of you. It's kind of scary actually.

I keep my notebooks for posterity because Im the firstbof my family to get any sort of STEM related certifications beyond typing speed.

Stops working if you're taking courses without any assigned textbooks.

>No textbooks.
>Each day the professor shows up to class, fishes a fucked up looking piece of scrap paper out of his pocket, proceeds to essentially write a textbook on the board (pulling definitions, theorems, proofs, etc.. from memory).

I hate that shit. It's only acceptable when the prof has a pdf (LaTeX) copy of their lecture notes available on their webpage.

Okay I laughed lol

True, but thats why I start each subject early. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have to go through everything again