Pizza for plebs

soup Veeky Forums

Sit your asses right down and get ready for this anons adventure into Pan Pizza! This all started earlier today while looking into the logistics of getting this Pizza i had envision into reality. One kind user had answered my question and with that I was off to gather the few ingredients i needed.

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/01/foolproof-pan-pizza-recipe.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First thing I did was look up a dough recipe. Google put me on to this link here.

seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/01/foolproof-pan-pizza-recipe.html

I followed the directions... kinda. Well I skimmed the directions enough to get it all mixed together an let it sit for the next 8 hours.

I nap the time away and fuck around in Rust and finally its show time... But what the fuck? the dough did not risen early as much as i thought it would.

Not one to give up easily and willing to learn from my mistakes I press on with the making of this pizza.

Show sauce

No as far as Pan Pizza goes an important item for the dish is the god damn cast iron pan, an item i do not have. In fact my earlyer question was if I could get away with using any old pan.

I was told yes but it would not quite be the same as the cast iron skillet gets seasons and imparts awesome flavor into the crust.

We being the craft fucker I am I thought "I season that pan you watch" and proceeded rub oil on the inside of a pan. Once i was satisfied with my rub down I then started to sprinkle the inside with seasons, mainly garlic salt and an Italian spice blend. The oil coating helped keep it in place and i got my ghetto seasoned pan.

Ah yes, you know I was not about to skimp out and used a shit tier jar sauce. What kind of retard would i be?

For the sauce I used a 16 ounce can of pureed tomatoes with equal part water and a small can of tomato paste. As for the seasons I really can't tell you the exact amounts of what I used as I just kept adding to it and reducing as I went on. Mainly salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, oregano.

Good sauce comes from the heart

So here I was, Everything was ready to start putting this tasty mother fucker together but the dough had not quite risen enough. Fuck it I'm going for it.

I stretched the dough out as far as i could to make it fit the pan and give a generous layer of sauce. The dough was tacky but not overly sticky, i felt kek smiling over my pizza.

Time to go Leeroy Jenkins with these toppings.
First we get the cheese

Next I diced up some bacon prepared hotel style and spread it out.

Then some red onion because thats how I roll.

The pepperoni

And finally some green pepper and a little more cheese on top for good measure. At this point the toppings are about the same thickness as the god damn dough and i'm sure this is going to be a fucking mess in the end BUT FUCK IT. I'm this far, goina roll with it and see what happens.

So i cranked the oven to 550 and cracked open a Bruce tea. Thats right mother fucker, Bruce Tea.

Tried it for the name, drank it cuz its good.

The oven starts to smell like magic. The recipe calls for 12-15 min in the oven but with all the crackeling and awesome smells wafting out of the oven I had to take a peek.

And holy shit it looks fucking amazing, I feel like a kid peaking at the presents on Christmas morning. It was so good I had to do a Veeky Forums oven peek shot for you.

after 12 min I felt that was enough time. I pulled that pizza out and damn was I happy with how it looked. see for yourself.

Could not wait to eat this thing. Got it out of the pan and the crust was exactly what I was hoping for.

And the bottom of this pizza looked, for as far as I care, perfect.

And that concludes my little adventure into pizza land. Needless to say the pizza tasted great. The wife woofed down two slices and the dog just stared at me with the saddest eyes as i devoured all but the final slice.

Hoped you enjoyed my this story as much as I have.

PS. The dog got over it.

Looks great, but you should have also put vegetable oil in the pan, would make the crust super crust

Totally did! thats what helped keep the seasons on the pan in place.

quality thread. much enjoyed

I want to try this myself.
Anything you think you'd do different?
Why didn't the dough rise. How'd you fix it

Could've given a small bit to the doggo tbqh

Otherwise, good job on the za. I am a veggie and whole wheat with ice cold lager beer kinda cat though.

Damn OP that's a really nice pizza if you ask me, I love how the cheese looks