How do I get thanksgiving dinner if I don't have an oven? I don't think deep frying is an option either...

how do I get thanksgiving dinner if I don't have an oven? I don't think deep frying is an option either. I was going to get one of those cajun ones from popeyes, but apparently you still need an oven for those.

What are your circumstances? How many people? Are they coming over? Is it just for you?

Honestly get them to bring something, buy some cooked food, whatever. You have a stove? You can make your sides there and just buy some cooked meat or get people to bring some.

BOIL IT

>What are your circumstances?
I'm in a hotel room by myself. there's a stove but not an oven.

that sounds terrible. I'm thinking I might try to find just a turkey breast and turning it into tendies.

large frying pan - if your whisk skills are top notch, you can even get a pretty decent gravy going with what you'll have left in the pan afterward by the time the breasts/thighs have finished resting.

I don't get what you're saying. I don't think you can pan fry a whole turkey can you?

Turkeys don't cook well, some parts are just so much thicker compared to others that you won't get them all done at the same time if it's whole, some parts will cook too long

pieces - breasts and thighs. Ideally bone-in thighs, but they'll cook better in a pan without the bone.

are you dirt poor? or can you afford a cheap appliance?

a small charcoal kettle could do a nice job

You could do a turkey breast or drummies in a slow cooker. It wouldn't be like a traditional roasted/fried/smoked, but you can make something edible.

>turkey sandwich and sweet potato fries
>with cranberry juice

>OP is alone on Thanksgiving and has to spend it in a hotel room

:( where do you live OP

I think they sell canned turkey. At the very least they sell canned ham. Just microwave the ever-loving shit out of it.

If you love in Oregon, I'll spend thanksgiving with you.

We're deep frying a turkey, stopping by at the 7-11 for hot dogs, and then going into the woods to corn hole us a deer. You're more than welcome to come along.

Just do the sides and buy a rotisserie chicken. It's not turkey but if you're alone it's good enough.

Are restaurants open on Thanksgiving in Lardland?

It depends. If their independent it's up in the air, but the majority of big chains either give the day off to their employees or they're like Marie Calendars and open specifically to sell their own Thanksgiving dinners.

Looking around google Kroger seems to do rotisserie turkey breasts too. I imagine other grocers would as well.

boston market is open but it's dine in only so I won't be able to get wasted while I eat.

Yeah, many restaurants, chain and independent, offer special family style thanksgiving menus, yes. Usually they demand parties of a certain size, though, and it tends not to be cheap. Might not work for OP.