How far are you willing to walk for food? What distance is reasonable? Me, I'll walk about a mile each way...

How far are you willing to walk for food? What distance is reasonable? Me, I'll walk about a mile each way. If it's further I'd probably choose to go hungry.

Three miles, any further and the food would be cold by the time I get home. Gone with out cars for a long time, three miles doesn't seem that long or far to me.

Half of that seems more reasonable though, but I know good food places farther off.

lol if i had to walk i would just eat BEANS and be a BEAN BOY and have no g/f and FART MY SELF TO DEATH via a cork up m y ass

this desu

Damn, 3 mi would be about 50 mins at my walking pace, how can you have time for that?

i don't quite understand the question

i mean, there's a bunch of fast food places super close (>2 minute walk from my house) but that's garbage shit, i never eat there

if i was starving and those shit places weren't around, i'd walk until i died

usually i just take a one of my cars or if i'm feeling Veeky Forums my skateboard to the best grocery stores

walking sucks desu

Same here. Any further than that I'd rather cook some egg and ramen.

a mile for me is 7-9min if I'm just walking, less if I'm trying to speed walk.

Another advantage however is also finding short cuts through alleys and parking lots to cut down time.

>7-9min
LOL

Only your toddler relatives would believe some horseshit like that.

7-9 minute a mile walking is bullshit. The world record for running is like 4 minutes.

Yup. One mile seems about right. I ask because I'm a truck driver and often find myself parked in some weird light industrial complex when I run out of hours and have to spend the night there. At that point it comes down to "should I walk over a mile for a hot meal because I haven't had food for 20 hours", or "should I eat a cold can of Wolf chili"

I think one mile is reasonable, two is pushing it since I'll have to walk back.

No car, no bike and inadequate public transportation so I walk 4 miles both ways once a month or so to go to my favorite bakery.

Total bullshit, that means you could just about walk a qualifying time for the boston marathon?

For reference, olympic speedwalkers about about a 7 min pace

I think you may not know how far a mile is

>a mile for me is 7-9min if I'm just walking

Take short cuts through town, cuts the walking time while still making the distance.

I walk a mile each way just to buy my groceries for the week.

>a 7 minute mile
>just walking
>a sub-00:07:00 mile
>yup still just walking only a bit quickly

You fundamentally don't understand what a minute is/time in general; how long a mile is; or both. Either way, you're fuckin dum.

Get a bike. Even a foldable on you can shove in your cab...
>instantly gain 10x mileage for food procurement

4 blocks.

My legs aren't made for walking.

You are not making the distance, you are cutting the distance. So if you are taking ~30 minutes to get there, you are only actually walking 1.5 miles

Do I have other food? I would rather not walk. If it's walk or starve, I'll walk until I get to the food or die trying obviously.

The location would still be 3mi from home

Not that guy, but the distance to a location is based on the most efficient path to it. If there is a shorter path, that shorter path is the distance.

I have a car

>be you
>on starting line of 400m sprint
>hear the starting gun
>figure out a way to cut the running time, while still making the distance
>cut across the infield, then loop back around
>"wow a 10sec 400m, i guess i win the gold"
>celebrate by walking 4 miles to mcdonalds
>it takes me only 30 mins

aren't shortcuts the best

more inside the race track shorter the laps

>not knowing the difference between further and farther

That is why they use staggered starts

Depends how good the food is, and if I'm eating it there or bringing it back home.