If I traveled speed of light, lets say in a capsula orbiting the earth...

If I traveled speed of light, lets say in a capsula orbiting the earth. If I had a webcam and chatted with ppl on earth via skype. what would I see?

Impossible to "videochat" at those speeds. Its impossible to have mass at those speeds.

Like hypothetical. If it was possible practically. This is not a real scenario. But a hypothetical scenario.

Let's say I had a realtime, good DPS high quality cam, pointed to somewhere on earth. Lets say a big city, New York. What would I see? A hundred years pass in a second, or something else?

You couldn't. You'd have to receive information in some way, the quickest way to do this would be by radio waves (or similar), but EM waves won't be able to catch up with you. Ever.

I don't think you can orbit the earth at light speed.

Let's just say I reached light speed, don't get into details.
Let's just say it was possible, dont get into details. It could be an infinite long internet cable or something. This is just hypothetical.

And, I know it's stupid, don't get into that. I'm just wondering how fast earth time would progress relatively for a person traveling light speed ish.

You could if you carried a charged with the right mass and charge ratio.

>hypothetical scenario
what would happen if blue were a number and force were equal to 2ma?

Let's say it's an electrical engine in the capsula, and the charging cable stretches to earth, it could accelerate more and more and reach light speed right?

>what would I see?
You would see them speed up until for you time stopped entirely once you reached the speed of light.

But time would not stop for me? Only for people on earth it would seem so. But if they see me through a webcam they can see me in real time. Or does it even stop on webcam?

>If I traveled speed of light
Impossible. You have mass.

Can't any object reach speed of light in vaccum?

You literally cannot reach the velocity c.

>Can't any object reach speed of light in vaccum?
This is what Veeky Forums has become. Good job, Reddit.

I'm not a scientist. Far from it. I'm just curious. But why can't an object with mass reach light speed? What force is "braking" an object with mass to reach it?

The Higgs Field is like molasses permeating the universe. It is what gives stuff mass in the first place.

It is not very thick so most of the time you don't notice it, but if you try to go really really fast it slows you down like friction.

I get it. Ok but lets say the "capsule" orbiting the earth reaches almost speed of light, or it's speed limit. Wouldn't time inside the capsule be very slow compared to earth? Is there a formula to this?

>em waves wouldn't catch up with you
All em waves travel at the same speed within the same media. Visible light is an em wave.

Once you hit light speed time would stop for you completely. Also the people on Earth would see nothing but darkness because light would cease to illuminate your surroundings.

Compared to someone on Earth, your time would be slower than theirs. This is called time dilation in special relativity and is represented as a direct proportion between the two time intervals. The proportion between the two time intervals is called the Lorentz factor and is dependent on the speed of the moving object that is being observed, which in your case would be your capsule. The greater the velocity, the more prominent becomes the slowing down of time.

As for your question on what would someone Skyping with you see, they would see nothing as the velocity you are assuming is to great for any type of signal to reach you. EM waves, which would basically be your signal for Skyping, travel at the speed of light . However, if you are going near-light speed and are in orbit around Earth (more importantly, if you are high enough such that the signal will take some time to travel to you), your capsule would have already moved and would be able to receive a signal.

would not be able to receive the signal*

It would be like you tossing a ball to a location where someone once was but a second later they ran a meter to the side. They would not be able to catch the ball.

No one knows. Current physics says that it is impossible. We would need new, undiscovered physics in order to answer your question.