Is anyone else really fucking bored by books? I only read so that people don't think that I'm a pleb...

Is anyone else really fucking bored by books? I only read so that people don't think that I'm a pleb, though I don't have any social life whatsoever outside of Veeky Forums.

I'm bored by the process of reading but I love the exploration of stories and ideas and the playing with language. I'm STEM by trade and I've never been a very good reader but I do love it, reading Moby Dick has been a highlight of my adult life.

Honestly, reading is kind of a chore for me sometimes, I don't think that's bad. I exclusively read philosophical texts though. I enjoy the content, but you can't expect every second to be entertaining, but when you reach a particular pretty passage or something that makes it all click for you, it's all worth it.

I can't be bored because I have strong will like the Green Lantern.

I'm more tired of the process of searching for books I want to read. They're really hard to find. I'm very picky.

Reading is only boring if the writer is.

you're not allowed to say that about the ten trillion western canon worthy worshiped writers

I am, but I didnt say they were boring.

I was describing my predicament. I wasn't force read all of dickens and austen etc when I was young and time passed quickly so now I have to do it in my 20s and it's agonising

I'm bored by my own mindless thoughts. I read to escape myself.

Read more fun books then.
Protip: dfw isn't one

Only boring people are bored.

I never really "feel" like reading but I'm always glad I did afterward

love u

as the buddhists say, if you do something boring, do it to more minutes. if it's still boring, do it 4 more minutes. rinse and repeat until you realize that it's not boring. what do you expect to happen in the end anyway?

>mindless thoughts

its called shitposting

I wouldn't think many people who find it boring would come to a board dedicated to talking about it.

I've found some books boring, but all I did was stop reading them and read the ones I didn't find boring. Reading itself isn't at all boring to me.

>I only read so that people don't think that I'm a pleb
there's your problem

The truth is that I haven't picked up a book in months or finished one in over a year. I just shitpost on Veeky Forums and read wikipedia every now and then to become knowledgeable of literature.

Books sucks

fuck op, learn to save images correctly.

Not boring but the Internet has definitely eroded my attention span a lot and I don't really know what to do about it.

I hopped trains around Europe for 4months without Internet and read an absolute shit tonne, it was very freeing desu.

You don't know what to do about it?

as the buddhists say, "is it hot in here or is it just me?"

Same. If I read anything more information dense than light novels my attention gets pulled away very easily.

I like what I'm reading. I'm learning new things, getting ideas, and finding different perspectives to look at things from but if there's anything remotely more entertaining that I could be doing, I feel compelled to do that instead. Even if it's just shitposting on Veeky Forums. Which is a problem when most of what's on my bookshelf is nonfiction books in ecology or conservation philosophy.

I'll end up in a rut where I read 150 pages of a book over the course of 3 months. Then, tear through the last half in a few days and start the process over on a new book.

Trust me I'm trying to cut down but when nothing is forcing you to stop it's quite hard.