How come nobody in the literary industry pointed out that Between the World and Me was meandering, racist drivel?

How come nobody in the literary industry pointed out that Between the World and Me was meandering, racist drivel?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloggingheads.tv/videos/1794
takimag.com/article/the_first_rule_of_white_club_steve_sailer/print#axzz4EDJ8Mcxz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw this retard was awarded the genius grant

tells you everything you need to know about the modern state of power structures

It's funny how upset some white people get over being called Yacubians

This is the first time I have heard of this word and already I am fire

>Yacubians
>Yakub is, according to the Nation of Islam, a black scientist who lived "6,600 years ago" and was responsible for creating the white race to be a "race of devils"

Seems a bit of a stretch.

Do they really though? The only insult on this I'm familiar with is the dog one, and even that one barely registers.

Wait, so since Jews are included in this "white race of devils", how do they justify the existence of Jesus?

Jesus was black obviously

Holy shit, and I thought religious people were idiots before. This is literally a magic verson of /pol/ comparing black people to Apes. As delightfully absurd as the Mormon Mark of Kane.

I unironically appreciate the idea of my ancestors being made in a lab though. Would separate me genetically from the fools who come up with this level of nonsense.

Because American neoliberal identity politics claim that blacks can't be racist.

If this sounds retarded that's because it is.

Apparently that is the justification. Jesus was a black Muslim, according to the NOI's leader.

>tfw Black and hear people say this

Its like the whole nation is convincing itself that it's ok to be a fucking fool.

Don't you get it you idiot? Racism is power plus prejudice, but only for not white people. All those blue collar rednecks may seem to have a low economic impact but the white tinge of their Yacuban dog-pig skin allows them to tap into the natural evil of the world and bend the black and middle eastern man to his will. It is the white man's evil white magic that explains why it is not racist to hate them fool.

Pay no attention to the way in which predatory globalists benefit from all this petty squabbling by the way. New leftism is banker friendly and anti-racist after all.

Because they're all """""""""""""""""""""""""""""woke"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

why post this image
he's obviously joking

I read into it more as a narcissistic thing. Like, he's repeating a joke that didn't really land over and over again for attention.

Imagine a white guy joking about black people being chimps. Do you think that would go over well?

there is clearly a lot of resent behind it

Projection, the post

>ITT: people who haven't read Coates and /pol/tards with absolutely no critical sense whatsoever

Stay gay /it/

>Coates says that his first name, Ta-Nehisi, is an Egyptian name his father gave him that means Nubia, and in a loose translation is "land of the black"
kek

I'd like to think they're just dumb /pol/rats but that's probably too optimistic.

>he's obviously joking
Nah. This faggot black cunt is a known racist who gets HEA GEWD BOI pats on the head from his jewish masters.

Veeky Forums has transformed from a website full of the best, whitest bantz masters on the internet into a website full of unemployable virgins who got beat up by darkies in high school.

>wiki quote
>follow source
>ctrl+f
>"phrase not found"

REALLY makes you think.

>unemployable virgins who got beat up by darkies in high school.
are you talking about Ta-Nehisi Coates?

are you baiting me? :P

It's not an accident Veeky Forums became a hovel for resenting losers when 880% of its content turned into losers complaining about other people's (Blacks, women, leftists, etc.) supposed ressentiment.

>unemployable virgins who got beat up by darkies in high school.

Ironically, this is exactly what happened to Coates if you read his "book."
Race-baiting, resentful idiot lauded by "progressives" and the "I'm liberal ergo I'm smart" crowd.

>Implying I actually read books
Wew

His hatred of whites is beside the point. Coates is a totem white metropolitan liberals use to signal to each other how racially sensitive they are. They hold their nose and pat him on the back with an outstretched arm, forcibly smiling at each other. The pedestalization of Coates as some mega intellectual is a PERFECT example of patronizing white liberal attitudes. It's actually hilarious. He writes like a semi-intelligent high school student eager to show off all the big words they know, at the expense of coherence.
>The marginalization and mortification of black bodies, contingent upon centuries of white racism, carries with it the spirit of bitter racial antagonism simmering just under the surface. Only by the emancipation of black bodies forthwith, can we free ourselves

After the Great Race War of 2030, no one will believe such a mediocrity was ever held in high regard by intelligent people. Compare Coates to McWhorter and you'll realize Coates is nothing more than the product of an effeminate white metropolitan class afraid to say "no" to the righteous articulate black man.

bloggingheads.tv/videos/1794

There won't be a race war. Faggots will just continue bitching at each other online and there will be around the same amount of shootings as now.

how was Between the World and the Me racist exactly?

as behind your post bruh

I don't understand

Coates is coherent, shithead, it's called POETICS

sorry my logic was messed up. I meant, there's a lot of resentment behind the OP's post too - white resentment,

>cops and firefighters deserved to die on 9/11 because they are lackeys of the white establishment that murders blacks every day

what passage has something that remotely implies that?

Kys

>I could see no difference between the officer who killed Prince Jones and the police who died, or the firefighters who died. They were not human to me. Black, white, or whatever, they were menaces of nature; they were the fire, the comet, the storm, which could — with no justification — shatter my body.
Coates' thoughts as he watched the towers fall from the roof of his Brooklyn apartment building, smoking a joint.

They did, Williams absolutely destroys him in this review: www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n23/thomas-chatterton-williams/loaded-dice

Also this is always worth mentioning: takimag.com/article/the_first_rule_of_white_club_steve_sailer/print#axzz4EDJ8Mcxz

>shatter my body
A perfect Coateism. If anyone ever asks me why Coates sucks I'm going to use that quote.

Modern day race politics is the anguished thrashing of a generation grappling with how superfluous they are.

"I'm making society better! I must raise my voice and join this relevant and crucial movement! I matter!"

>they were the fire, the comet, the storm, which could — with no justification — shatter my body.
is this John Green?

>he watched the towers fall from the roof of his Brooklyn apartment building, smoking a joint.
Christ, did he have his katana slung over his shoulder too?

but man, he's talking about his feelings. he's not making some kind of absolute ethical claim that police officers "deserve to die"

lmao how does that change anything? are you coates? you sound like an idiot

Since when do firefighters just roam around murdering black people?

>muh double standard
maybe its because the idea that blacks are sub-human has led to the denial of rights of black people for hundreds of years whereas that "yakub" shit is just some random bullshit spouted by the irrelavent nation of islam
maybe not clear to me though

its got nothing to do with literature is why

JASON RILEY IS TWICE THE MAN TA-NEHISI COATES WILL EVER BE

Even the idea of a race war has become strikingly unimaginative compared to a few decades ago. Manson thought it would be white racists against white non racists.

WE WUZ JAYZUS AN SHEEEEEEIIIT

>There was the reaction of any parent when a stranger lays a hand on the body of his or her child. And there was my own insecurity in my ability to protect your black body … I was only aware that someone had invoked their right over the body of my son. I turned and spoke to this woman, and my words were hot with all of the moment and all of my history. She shrunk back, shocked. A white man standing nearby spoke up in her defence. I experienced this as his attempt to rescue the damsel from the beast. He had made no such attempt on behalf of my son. And he was now supported by other white people in the assembling crowd. The man came closer. He grew louder. I pushed him away. He said: ‘I could have you arrested!’ I did not care. I told him this, and the desire to do much more was hot in my throat.

How many times does he use the words "body" or "bodies" in that book?

yeah....
you can tell he took a class on "black bodies" or the "politics of the body" at Howard. It makes it feel like he is repeating academia a lot, which he probably is.

although I still wish I could have went to Howard University
(i'm white)