He kicked him in the face

>he kicked him in the face

So is Cormac McCarthy just a hack or is there a reasonable explanation for this? How does the kid kick a man in the face who is presumably taller and standing in front of him? Are we actually supposed to picture that he landed a jumping high kick on him?

I'm pretty sure thats the part when they burn down the hotel. From what I recall Old Sidney was already on the ground and Toadvine told him to kick him in the face.

My bad, I should have been more specific. This happens when when the kid and Toadvine first cross paths. The fight starts when the kid "kicks him in the face."

Only other explanation is pic related.

The guy he kicks in the face had already fallen to the floor since, y'know, Toadvine fucking jumped him. C'mon, OP, you can't blame your inability to read on McCarthy.

Read what I just posted. I should have been more specific. Obviously Sidney was on the ground, that's not what I was talking about.

>reading corncobs tortilla yecarthy
>expecting anything good

that's where you fucked up m8

he's a hack. there's a large contingent of /reddit/ crossposters who are dedicated to defending yecarthy though.

He was walking downhill

I'd assume he was just drunkenly swaying and slouched forward.

>"The man before him swayed slightly."

It's obvious, the kid had the high ground

End yourself. You're not funny and I know it's just you that spams this stupid shit all the time.

>"He leaned and spat."

>"He shitposted from his mom's basement."

Are you fags """"speed-readers""""" or some shit? I read it once years ago and even I remember this fight took place on a sloped plank walkway; the kid was standing above toadvine.

hahaha, i'm totally going to see the kid as Anderson Silva and Toadvine as Belfort next time i read BM. or at least when they first cross paths and throw down UFC-style.

btw, OP, if upon reading that passage, you entertain the notion that McCarthy is a hack, then by all means quit reading. he's not a hack, but you definitely are an imbecile. well, unless you're 12. then i apologize.

this.
>...doorlight down toward the batboard planks at the bottom of the lot.
>another man was coming up the jakes and they met halfway on the narrow planks
>[dialogue]
>he kicked the man in the jaw

They were standing on a ramp.

I think it was Toadvine who the kid kicked in the face.

Dumbass OP

>unironically liking cormac mccarthy
kys

/thread

No

I'm pretty sure

>it ain't country you run out of

What did he mean by this?

I just finished reading this the other day. Now I'm not a very experienced reader and I haven't actually read a book for some time now and think I might be pretty retarded but does Mccarthy use the word 'and' an unusual number of times or have I just forgotten how to read complex prose or something? I noticed it mainly during any scene that involved mass killing.