Childhood stories of being forced to finish your food

Anyone else have parents who emigrated to the States to escape poverty? Mine came from the USSR and within 3 years went from Europoor to middle class Americucks thanks to my mom starting a successful business. But their food habits never went away.

Mom
>"if you don't finish your food it will be гpeх oт бoгa (sin against God)"
>"What, you don't appreciate my painstaking effort to make you dinner???"

Dad
>"FINISH everything!! You're done?? Here have at least two more slices of bread. And don't make that face. You need to grow! Eat more!!"

Grandma:
>"You SO skinny, what your mother don't feed you?"
>Proceeds to stuff me w food well past the point of nausea

I was 220 pounds between the ages of 9 until I was 15. Took a long time to stop feeling guilty about not finishing what's on my plate. Thankfully I'm much fitter now, I work out, and eat healthier non-carby non-Slavic dishes. But I still sometimes overeat like crazy and drink too much at some rare occasions.

Any similar stories from y'all? Nationality/background? Food that's hard for you to eat now because your parents fed you way too much of it?

>HERES MY LONG WINDED DUMBASS EXCUSE FOR WHY IM A FAT FUCK

When I was young, my mom/dad told me that if I didn't finish all the food on my plate, my future wife would be ugly. I guess I believed it for some time.

>tfw 20 years later and still no gf let alone wife

>HERES MY INSTANT REPLY WITHOUT READING THE WHOLE OP

>I was 220 pounds between the ages of 9 until I was 15.
Are you blaming your family then?
At the age of 5, if they're fat, then yea, they made a fattened goose liver when you had no self-control.
15? You didn't get off the couch, and drank soda and at M&Ms sold at every school fundraiser or spent your allowance on it. 200cals per day that's what you overate

>putting more food on your plate than you can finish

You're a cunt if you do that dontcha know?

My mom always cooked, and she has the blandest, safest, whitest repertoire of recipes imaginable. It wasn't until I grew up that I realized food could be flavorful and interesting. I cook for her all the time now, and I'm not even a great cook, I'm just slightly more adventurous.

> be 6 years old
>someone makes me delicious break fast cereal. Milk and shreddies are poured into bowl infront of me. I heat.
> mom comes into room, "you want to go to store with me?!"
> fuck yeah i do
>come home 3 hours later, dad asks "is this your cereal? must finish"
> forced to choke down shitty soggy cereal and gag
> can't eat jello, pudding, yogurt for next decade

I remember my sister being told to finish her food "just one more bite" and she would refuse and sit there a full hour or two in defiance. She was indeed a picky eater and was a little on the skinny side, and she could recite a short list of things she did like at the dinner table "peanut butter and jelly, ice cream, bananas..." and was horrible at the dinner table only at home, not in restaurants strangely.
My mom was a terrifically skilled cook with a lot of world influence, with an english, german, and french grandparent ancestry. She could make a tender perfectly cooked roast studded with garlic, or with flavorful gravy, homemade mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables cooked with bacon. We always had a salad first. We picked up fresh seafood often at the fish market or went out on the boat or family did. We grilled outside a couple nights per week esp with grandparents who had an electric rotisserie on their grill for pork roasts, and probably ate out 1-3 nights a week too, good ethnic food that we'd move our way through, from Cuban to good mom and pops doing food for decades, or we got take out italian, like super drippy fresh garlic rolls, homemade pizza or eggplant parm, and mom would make a salad to go with it, so it was "healthy." Didn't do much alcohol at home, unless a party, so I didn't grow up getting wine before I was supposed to, but I could operate a blender and make my grandparents some hemingway margarita with fruit from the trees in the yard, or a banana lime daiquiri. We traveled a lot. I got early exposure to frou frou foods, from snails to fois gras, and regional goodies, like big stuffed artichokes and boudin in new orleans, great cheeses, salami, olives from walking around Italy only getting food.
We were all skinny. My fat came from my 30s life of excess. I have an achilles tendon tear, and overuse pain, so I pretty much only swim for exercise and only when I feel great.
So, no real issues with blaming my family

my parents did that to discourage waste and not make me a spoiled brat or a picky eater.

I dont think it's an economic thing, its just good parenting.
>well thats all youll get to eat tonight!

Let me guess, you are overweight and having an unhealthy relationship with food?

Big surprise. Great parenting indeed.

>go to weird aunt and uncles house across state with family
>for some reason they buy "diet" products even though they're both skinny/healthy
>they make hotdogs one night
>grab myself the mustard, ketchup and other stuff because I had babby palate at the time
>it's all sugar/salt free

I swear to god I've never tasted such disgusting condiments in my life. I did not realize how putrid that stuff could taste without sugar or salt.

Forgot to mention my parents forced me to eat the 3 hotdogs I'd already topped (fair enough), even though they'd also bitched about the condiments too (which was the main point of the thread)

nope, not at all. Not a picky eater either.
It was more like, this is what I cooked for you, You've eaten it before so I know you like it. this is what you get to eat tonight. because I'm not making anything else no matter how much you bitch. And if you bitch too much, you'll go to bed hungry.

Take it or leave it.

>MY DUMB OPINION IS NECESARRY
Hows life on the spectrum?

My mom moved to the US from one of the shithole southeast asian countries when she was a young adult. From what I remember, she was never aggressive with telling me to finish my food, which I guess is surprising looking back on it. I just remember really enjoying eating. Maybe she influenced me in some indirect way, but I always finished what I was served, and I find it incredibly wasteful not to.

Anyone that wastes food is subhuman. In the event that I go out and eat, if anyone I'm with ever attempts to throw away food, I shamelessly finish it for them. At least someone gets to eat it.

>lol you must be fat
It's called eating what you have at the moment and not wasting so that you can eat less later. Or exercise. That's a cool thing too.

My parents always let us put our own food on our plates. We could have as little or as much as we wanted. Only "rule" was that we should try a little bit of everything. It was very very rare that they cooked something bad/gross, so it was never a problem.

If we knew we didn't like something and didn't want any, we just wouldn't put any on our plates. But all the food was decent so that didn't happen often.

If we took a bit of something and didn't like it, we'd just explain what was bad about it and our parents always understood. They wouldn't force us to eat it. Usually someone else would offer to it so that it didn't go to waste.

Only person who was picky was my youngest brother. He would refuse to eat dinner at least once a week. Our parents never cooked something "special" for him instead, they'd just tell him to make a sandwich if he didn't want what they made.

All of us ended up being thin/healthy and have good relationships with food (except youngest brother, but he's a whiny fucker anyway).

I think it's because both of my parents were force-fed when they were kids. My mom told me about one that that her parents made some legitimately disgusting pasta dish that she couldn't stomach and they forced her to eat the leftovers for every single meal for over a week until the pasta had started to get moldy in the fridge. Dad had similar stories with his parents.

Well at 15 I did realize I was a fat fuck so I joined the school swim team and the local gym and dropped down to 150 l. thanks to body dysmorphia, thought I was still fat @ 150

>read post on public forum
>get mad
I'm sure he's the one on the spectrum...

>thanks to body dysmorphia, thought I was still fat @ 150
Ahh, like I suspected and said earlier. Well, there's your proof that you're just crazy and it's why you're fat or skinny or whatever you are now. You didn't develop bad habits from forcefeeding at home, you inherited personality disorder genes from family members. They only blame you can have at this point is if you don't believe in medication. Many with personality disorders are adamant against meds, which, really, is also a part of their disorder(s).

>I need to swallow chemicals to lose weight

different poster Dr dipshit.
Thanks for the pop-psyche.

>8 years old
>Not too picky, but I'm always offered something I like
>Seafood smells gross
>I've had fish a couple times before, didn't love it but it was alright
>Dad makes some sort of fried fish that smells like Dan Schneider's sock drawer
>I don't want this
>No, you have to eat this
>I think to myself "I'm going to throw up"
>Sure enough, as I try to swallow it I projectile vomit onto the table
>For the record, it was mostly on my own plate
>I'm beyond mortified
>Everyone stares at me in disgust
>Go upstairs, holding back tears
>Play Fire Emblem 8 until I fall asleep

I'm convinced that's the reason why any kind of seafood disgusts me. Before then, I'd had fish, and thought it was okay. But now, it's beyond just not liking the taste; it's physically hard to swallow.

>tfw you can't enjoy an entire food group and fear it being served to you

>dad's coworker is italian
>drop off something at their house in the middle of the afternoon and try to make it quick
>end up getting a "snack" that would put most Thanksgiving/Christmas dinners to shame

These fuckers are crazy.

gonna need a soure on that image

>shitposting on Veeky Forums earned me an MD in psychiatry: the post