How do I stop resenting the fact that the French exist and have the best avant-garde and edgy literature, music, film...

How do I stop resenting the fact that the French exist and have the best avant-garde and edgy literature, music, film, art, philosophy, cheese, ect?

It's not fair that they have it all. I hate them so much.

bump

this post was made by a frog also

that story gave me a boner but dont post it again

I feel the same way. But I'm required to take a language for uni (I'll admit to only speaking/reading one), so I'm taking two semesters of French and I'm just gonna keep going with it from there.

I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE FIRST CUTE GIRL THAT I MET
WHO COULD APPRECIATE GEORGE BATAILLE
STANDING AT A SWEDISH FESTIVAL
DISCUSSING STORY OF THE EYE

HOW CAN I EXPLAIN

cool : )

I NEED YOU HERE AND NOT HERE TOO :')

Please go back to fucking /mu/

because to succeed at avante garde you have to be pretentious as fuck and NO ONE but NO ONE does pretention like the french.

real talk though, don't be with a girl who unironically like Bataille unless you like crazy bitches

>signed, butthurt frog whose culture hasn't been relevant in 200 years

Please give current examples
t. frog

dada wasn't french and neither was abstraction

just try and outdo them.
that's all they did.

ignoring the fact that a lot of the original Dada group was at least half-french, how does this add anything to the discussion?

The very notion of the artistic vanguard is a french concept, and Dada and abstract painting are by no means the first historical vanguards (I'd argue the original abstract painters were barely a vanguardisy group).

>a lot of the original Dada group was at least half-french
... and that most of the rest wrote in it...

>the best avant-garde and edgy... cheese, ect?

I know. Tzara, THE Dada writer, wrote in it, but I'm sleepy as fuck and couldn't find a way to phrase it that didn't sound weird.

it provides you with counter-points

>first historical vanguards

? you said best. not saying the french don't have the majority of good avant-garde but it's not exclusive to them

Such a shitty, shitty book. I've read better smut in my little brother diary tbqh.

Eh, got my girlfriend to read Story of the Eye and she loved it. We laughed together at some points. I'll probably lend her my copy of Maldoror's, she'll get a kick out of it.

Does she masturbate with mud?