I fucking love sardines! How do you have them? Favorite brands?

I fucking love sardines! How do you have them? Favorite brands?
I like King Oscar and Crown Prince. Tried Wild Planet, found it overrated.

now that you mention it, i do love sardines. but i barely ever buy them, i wonder why
i think they are expensive and not very filling

I like mine on toast with a splash of chipotle Tobasco sauce.

they are pretty damn filling

Never had them. How do you even eat them without making a mess?

My grandpa always had them in the panty. After he died I tried them on club crackers and it was pretty damn good

Lightly fried with onion & garlic, on brown rice, with freshly squeezed lemon juice over everything.

>Favorite brands
Americans can't cook so they are obsessed with 'brands', as opposed to ways of using a product . . .I'm right aren't I?

One poster has already mentioned they are 'expensive' and in another thread about sardines, different prices were posted and it does seem that Sardines in America tend to be more expensive than Europe.

Also bear in mind that Americans eat something called 'Brisling Sardines' are not really sardines, in Europe we call them Spratts!

Sardines (from the tin) are very versatile, they can be thrown on toast, baked potato or eaten straight from the tin. Sardines sold in tomato sauce can be used in even more ways AMA.

As far as I've seen in Australia and in Western Europe, sardines are some of the cheapest good quality protein you can get.

how does it feel to be taken over by ISIS

>how does it feel to be taken over by ISIS
No idea?
Why the silly question, I thought this was Veeky Forums ?

Americans can't cook so they are obsessed with 'brands', as opposed to ways of using a product . . .I'm right aren't I?

>One poster has already mentioned they are 'expensive' and in another thread about sardines, different prices were posted and it does seem that Sardines in America tend to be more expensive than Europe.

then why be so political? OP was also asking for ways to use them along with the brands that you like

>claims we are taken over by isis
>meanwhile doesnt mind that his tax dollars are sent to mujahideen and al quida

>i voted for trump
>fight me irl not online and see what happens

Now you are just making excuses for your silly question.

Just look at the catalogue, Americans are fixated with Brand names, as opposed to types of foods or cooking.

I was trying to move away from 'brand names' into a usage and cooking environment. rand names for a Sardine mean nothing.

sure, just blame America. UK is more obese than us now goyim

>just blame America
But I'm right and you trying to change subject doesn't detract from that.

I'm all for threads that ask about cooking techniques rather than what is your favourite 'Wendy Burger' or 'Candy' or ' KFC'

who here was making this thread about "UK > America lelelele" in the first place

btw you have candy and KFC in the UK, and wendy's up until year 2000.

What the blazes are you talking about?

You have lost the plot sonny, if you want to talk about Sardines, I'm here if you just want to spout /pol/ memes then I will no longer reply.

I eat them straight out of the tin with my bear hands as a tasty snack.

Good. Now fuck off.

>Lightly fried with onion & garlic
>you can fry tinned sardines
Why did this never occur to me?

It's just to heat them up, really.

I've stir-fried with sardines, breaks them up a bit though.

Agreed.

The sardines just need to be added at the end to warm up (they are already cooked as part of the canning process) add them too early and they will fall apart.

Just to add that in Britain we have a weird naming thing.
The small fish are called Sardines but over a certain size we call them Pilchards,(although the people around the Mediterranean still call them Sardines).

If you get a tin of Pilchards in tomato sauce they can make a great cheap meal by frying onions, garlic, chilli powder (and whatever takes your fancy) adding a tin of Pilchards and serving with rice . . . .dead cheap and filling, no doubt that can be adapted to the smaller tins too?

Agreed and if you want good sardines in olive oil it's expensive as fuck. Rather buy smoked mackerel fillets or something.
>western europe
>a country with the same food prices
Really makes you think

>Rather buy smoked mackerel fillets
Who smokes Mackerel?
The same people who covers Kobe Beef in Ranch sauce?

If that is 99% of the planet then yes.

Nah it's just Americans that ruin good food.
Who else would smother Kobe Beef with ketchup?

Well 99% of the planet smokes Mackerel.

>Well 99% of the planet smokes Mackerel.
Nope.
Just Americans who smother Kobe Beef with Ketchup.

Incorrect, kid.

I've had smoked Mackerel in many different countries. I've not yet been to America but I would guess you can get it there as well.

I am American and we cannot get fresh Mackerel, so most of it is smoked or frozen.

I have been all over Europe and fresh Mackerel is unbeaten and doesn't need to be smoked, unlike Herring or Haddock.

You can get Spanish mackerel easily in the States...

East coast maybe, the rest of the states - NO!

>cooking
>canned sardines

pick one you retarded faggot

You really shouldn't be on a cooking board.

Maybe you should go here?

I've forgotten more about cooking than you'll ever know kid.

t. Walter Mitty

t. Wendy's Chef.

The other user beat you to it, you just look dumb now.

Good ones I split to take out the bone, then wrap in a crisp lettuce leaf with a dash of Tabasco or acv and lemon.
Cheap ones I usually make into a quick spaghetti/puttanesca style sauce with whatever tomatoes or olives or whatever I need to use up.

>The other user beat you to it, you just look dumb now.

His wasn't even funny, it was pleb tier shitposting.

The fact of the matter is that the moron I originally replied to was butthurt that people are talking about what brand of canned sardines others prefer and relating that to people not knowing how to cook.

Now don't get me wrong, I like canned sardines. They are a good snack. But you're not going to find a dish with cooked canned sardines on the menu of any self respecting restaurant.

I'm Scandinavian. We have fresh mackerel, smoked mackerel, canned macekerel. Anything mackerel. Now eat a dick.

I bought a tin to try a few weeks ago but I've not tried them because I'm afraid and a huge pussy

What type?

ie sunflower oil, olive oil, brine, tomato sauce, etc.

Are sardines and mackerel different?

Sardines are manlet Mackerel.

>how does it feel to be taken over by ISIS

>panty

I fucking love sardines... but... The last three packs I had were filled with the fillets as well as sardine eggs. It made me vomit. I don't mind fish eggs, I like roe, but... Holy shit something about those sardine eggs made me lose my spaghetti. And then it happened again. And again.

Haven't had them in like 2 years because of it. Sad bad.

yet another thread gone immediately to shit over politics

Hyper harbor has 8oz cans of sardines at 99c stores. That's a days food right there if you eat it over rice or with noodles ya nigras

Make a pico de gallo, add some guacamole and sardines. Pretty tasty

King Oscars is probably the best and most consistently good brand that's widely available.

Matiz Gallego is delicious if you can find it for a good price.

On crackers with mustard or horseradish sauce. In a sandwich with cucumbers.

Sardines vary widely in quality from brand to brand so it matters. Besides brisling sardines, we also have smaller herring sold as sardines and other fish as well.

I prefer to vape my mackerel.

Dude, smoked mackerel is delicious. Why are you comparing a cheap and common fish to highend beef?

Just take the eggsack out. It's not even that sardine eggs are bad, it's just they get wayyyy over cooked and gross when they're cooking the fish. They look pretty gnarly too. But if you get em in a fresh sardine, they're pretty good.

>>>/cuckshed/

Cooked some of them up tonight in some ramen, threw some gochu jang and some nori in there as well. I love cento's myself.

>as opposed to types of foods or cooking.

What are you talking about? Americans are obsessed with ethnic goods not to mention their love of cooking methods like grilling and barbecue.

Oil or water?

Hourly Obsessed Yuropoor

They're just too delicate, usually

MAYBE breaded and fried, but chances are they'll just fall apart

It really makes no difference to me, since I drain the can regardless and pour in malt vinegar

Unless it's one of those types with the sauce

Wild Planet is my go to. But I also like King Oscar's kippers

Always olive oil.

i usually get wild planet too since they're cheap and always available, oscar are hard to find for me, dunno why

Do you shop at a gas station? I live thousands of miles from the ocean in a tiny ass town and we got King Oscar

Flyover detected

Oil for sure

I loved sardines until I started getting females mainly. Those eggs just feel wrong in my mouth.