Reading has become more than just a hobby for me. It used to be enjoyable...

Reading has become more than just a hobby for me. It used to be enjoyable. But now it feels like I'm taking on another task. Should I take a break from reading for a little while?

Good. It should be enjoyable

for sure go at your own pace.

personally I find opening up a new book and reading a few pages into it and you start to pick up interest and momentum

Sure. Sometimes I get fed up with it and go deep into pleb entertainment for a while.

Variety, spice ay fucking life, ken?

rewards never come from hard work

Are you sure about that, champ?

I'm just a mouthpiece for Satan.

Sounds kinda gay.

Sounds like you think about gay stuff.

That's a pig, OP.

No, that's his mom.

that's a cowe lol

no it's a cow
this guy gets it

I don't know. I abstain from other hobbies such as gaming because I know these are designed to give me a far better 'hook' than reading ever will even though in the long run reading is much more satisfying. The best way to keep at reading is to abstain from other pleasures that give rewards on an instantaneous reading or that are merely easy to do for little work is required, unlike reading which is indeed hard work (if you're reading serious literature which you should).

Much like working out, you don't feel like picking up a book, but once you're doing it and after you are finished you will feel like a wholesome person.

Truthful, but I think it's also fair to point out that it's completely respectable to pair that hard work with lighter joys like gaming or watching sports or whatever it is you like.
Reading seriously does not require an ascetic lifestyle, just as working out and being fit does not require a 100% pure lifestyle dedicated 24/7 to your health.

I agree, the problem with me however is that I get addicted way too easily to vidya so I try and not indulge myself too much.
You're right though, you can't read all the time nor can you work out all the time. Personally I fill the gaps with Veeky Forums and twitch, chess or perhaps a movie or documentary.

no is hoge

cowe

You're who I want to become

T. Posted at 2:56 AM with 3 gaming apps open

For me, reading became a task when I decided in middle school I wanted to be a novelist, and then in high school all of the assignments were designed to be book reports basically describing what words meant and what the book was about.

I felt angry because I wanted to write well but had no infrastructure to do it.

I'm slowly growing back into the groove

No, it's a photo of a pig.

:^)

haha u dint eben got skol lololol

Rather than taking a break, try reading something completely different. Maybe something you've been meaning to read that's just different, maybe something that's well regarded but part of one of the genres people like to shit on here, or maybe actual plebshit. But take some time to read a book you have fun with and don't hold yourself to some schedule or whatever but go through it relatively quickly. That usually works for me.