Why do MIT fags always applaud at the end of lectures?

Why do MIT fags always applaud at the end of lectures?

It's so fucking cringy.

Because they give a shit about their education... go figure..

Usually its the guest faggots who sit on lectures, which are the ones you mostly see as you'd probably be watching ones guests would be sitting in on.

MIT freshie here

science is art br0

I totally get that, believe me, and the lecturers are fucking great. But they aren't putting on a goddamn performance ffs.

Just seems like a very strange thing to do at the end of a class.

the classes ive been in and seen on OCW have absolutely no applause except for walter lewins last lecture

>walter lewins
And that is because walter lewin is the shit

I know this nigga OP trippin I've never seen the students applaud

Totally biased as i have had a fair share of giving information dense lectures.

Sure most just kind of plop all the info on the table, but the true masters at teaching a subject absolutely are giving performances. If an actor reading something they are purely reciting from memory is a performance than why wouldn't a person who developed an interpretation of a basic field and conveyed it to audience be the same?

People at my university applaud the professor at the end of the last day of lecture unless the professor was shit.

>students in clapistan
Americans are uncomfortable in prolonged public silences and don't know what else to do. The clapping meme is real Americans are totally weird about it.

how are there enough seats for guests and students?

didn't walter lewin get fired for sexually harrassing his students online?

do you expect anything less from americans?

That's why he's the best.

>americlap education

Usually there aren't. But if the speaker is well known they will be given a big ass lecture hall so that people interested in the subject have a chance to hear it. I've been to lectures where I have to stand because the entire physics department would go. It's not that common though. Also I've never clapped after a lecture in my life.

>Americans take attendance

Do you get good boy points for never missing a class or something?

>mit students clap when that French guy erases the boards quickly enough during the multivariate calc class
Absolutelydisgusting.png

Are you actually surprised? College is basically high school 2.0.

That said, the only classes I've taken that take attendance were shit gen ed classes that even a braindead 20 IQ faggot could pass without going to lectures, but they need to force everyone to go to lecture because if they didn't, they would be teaching a class of 2 or 3 faggot "good boy" students.