Why does American pizza have a bad reputation whens its so good

Why does American pizza have a bad reputation whens its so good

Cheap crappy frozen pizza in european countries is usually labelled as 'American', as are the crap restaurants. Decent pizza tends to be from Italian places with Italian chefs.

Without going to the US it's impossible for Europeans to see if the pizza you make at home is actually any good.

Since when does it have a bad reputation?

I mean there's trolls on Veeky Forums who constantly talk about 'muh authenticity' but no one gives a shit about those faggots.

oh shit, here we go

Nothing to do with authenticity, Eastern Europeans make some dam good if non traditional pizza.
The problem with the pizza here is that it's generally made with shit quality ingredients in ovens that are not hot enough to cook it in the correct manner.

Pretty much this. Most pizzas over here being advertized as "American" also have ingredients like corn and BBQ-sauce.

>corn and BBQ-sauce

wtf man

Okay fair enough but there are probably tens of thousands of pizza places all across the US that make quality pizza with quality ingredients.

I knowa small restaurant chain that makes American style pizzas, as in medium-thin crust with very big floppy slices. Altough I prefer italian, they're really good

I really can't wrap my head around Chicago style, though. It's just so exaggerated

I shit you not. They sell this abomination in stores.

Blame Pizza Hut. That was the first contact Europe had with "American pizza"

True. Bong here, I didn't like pizza all that much until I got involved with an Italian. She showed me how much nicer it is to have fewer (but higher quality) ingredients.

and what is "American pizza"

Americans invented pizza so people try and put us down.

As simple as that.

Shitty bait prick

I'm italian and want to try the chicago pie, it looks yummy

It's called Deep Dish Pizza, it's pretty fucking good my dude

no it's not, it's an abomination

becareful when buying a deep-dish pizza. A lot of places make it 90% bread. As in about 2 to 4 inches of bred with a thin layer of pizza sauce and cheese.
Deep dish pizza should look more like the photo above posted by the pretentious faggot.

It's not even a good amount of pretension. Their "pizza" is still cheese and tomato bread, not authentic pizza.

I've had "deep dish" pizza like that before. They even had the audacity to call their store "Chicago Deep Dish". Absolutely disgusting.

>big Americans

t-thats adorable

"Authentic" can suck my dick. Tradition should be understood, then swiftly discarded. The only thing that's important is how it tastes.

wtf, murican friend just told me he got a cal'go'za without sauce as in bread chees/feta bread. the sauce is extra, so he can dip his "pizza" in it

what is wrong with you, is this even deep dish then....

how did i do for $5?

hope you got garlic sauce to dip it in

if you did, nice work

if you didn't, decent work

>tradition should be understood and discarded if something else tastes good

Says someone who understands nothing about food "tradition" or that deep dish tomato pie is disgusting both in concept and reality.

wtf is wrong with that crust.

Authenticity is not inherently good and all types of pizza are delicious

It doesn't. Foreign tourists eat American pizza all the time. They love it.

If anything, the only common objection I hear is that it is a regular part of our diet. Which, for most of us, it isn't.

True, it is always a matter of good ingredients and skill of the one who makes it - a good pizza oven also helps.

Still, while I enjoy a well made deep dish I wouldn't call it a pizza, it has more in common with a stuffed bread or a quiche.

to be fair though bbq chicken """pizza""" tastes amazing

idk why anybody would put corn on it though

people need to stop hating on little caesar's desu
is it amazing? no but still tastes bretty gud

Papa John's pizza kinda tastes like cardboard but I still like it for whatever reason

youll be full at least?

What the actual fuck

Its passable as far as cheap food goes, I agree.
I mean, you get what you pay for.

That's a pretty grim looking blast of fat, salt and simple carbs.

Stop talking like a retard

why wouldn't you call it by its name?
Refusing to call things by their actual names because you think it's somehow wrong is super autistic, my dude

Shortcuts.

Most restaurants and popular recipes rarely use just the flour, water, and yeast.

They add enough sugar to where the finished product is basically pastry.

I mean, BBQ Chicken is a thing here in america, but nowhere I've been, or worked, has put corn on it

where do you think we are?

if you didn't know "t b h" autochanges to desu. i would never say that lol

bretty gud was all me though

Places like Little Ceasars give us a bad rep

it's fucking shit and inauthentic.

Just like literally every other Americanised abomination of other cultural food:
>it's serving size is disproportionately excessive;
>it substitutes the complexities of traditional pizza flavorings and textures with cheap products e.g., instead of having a tradition sugo rosso with a soffrritto base, you Amerifats will just slather the dough with supermarket bbq sauce or something equally horrendous
>your pizzas are rarely cooked in the traditional masonry ovens.

I could go on but you see my point.

Well, then the New York and Chicago pizzas taste as good, if not better. But if you're going to have an autistic shitfest about "real" pizza, you're probably going to be having olive oil and anchovies and nothing else on it.

The states has plenty of quality pizza. Here, it's around 20 bucks a pie though.

Are you jealous of the incredibly American pizza delivery culture? It's so god damn great, user. Yeah of course it's not the best pizza but unless you're absolutely retarded you get the kind that still has a delicious combination of tomato, cheese, and bread, which is easy as hell since it's tomato sauce, cheese, and bread they're trying to make delicious. Thirty minutes or less, and it feeds your whole group without anyone bitching that they don't like it. Of course they like it, it's pizza.

>$5
lies

God damn. No wonder you brits hate us. I've never seen corn on a pizza. Although I have seen a BBQ chicken pizza. Its rare and not great.

Here's the Swedish pizza advertised as "#1 American Classic"

Europeans have lost their right to complain about California Champagne and "Parmesan Cheese" until you fix this.

I've had that before its actually not that bad.

>corn

>bbq

>MS Paint = Truth

$5 Hot n Ready's are only one topping
post reals or gtfo

Californian Pizza has BBQ on em

little caesars garlic dip is fucking shit.

>tomato bread bowl

theres 30 other cities in the US with better pizza styles than chicago. Ive had it. Sucks.

Okay
The chicken makes sense
but the corn?

>corn
I've never heard of that in my entire life

It's filled with what we call 'Italian sausage' in North America but I imagine Italy actually has lots of different kinds of sausage

europoors are resentful of americas greatness

fucking this.

>go to italy
>ask for a pepperoni pizza
>comes out with no meat
>pepper on it

That's called a Detroit style deep dish pizza. Feel free to respond with your reaction face of preference and >Detroit

What is the abomination on the bottom

From a local pizza joint. How's it look, Veeky Forums? Sorry for shit picture.

A pizza

I kek'd heartily at the New Haven example.

Did you tell them to murder the shit out of that with toppings?

I mean, I'm not complaining. It looks fucking oishii but damn. How much did it cost?

$32.95

checked

custom toppings or? because that's a shit load of toppings that looks like they added it after they cooked the pizza

It was around $35. Don't know who this guy is but he was pretty close.

Also, the chain always loads toppings on. It was salami, pepperoni, sausage, olives and mushrooms. I only added one extra (roasted garlic).

Naw son, everything was cooked with the pizza.

this is why the discussion is so redundant.
90% of pizza places are shit anywhere in the world, a little less in italy.
us and eu both have places that know what they are doing, what bothers me more than these retarded discussions is probably that they show that so many people have no idea about good food

>Don't know who this guy is (You) but he was pretty close.
im a pizza estimator. good to know i was only 2 dollars off

I would pay $35 for that pizza desu. Looks really tasty. It's a shame I'm poor.

americans just can't bake bread
every recipe/instruction from there reads either like a cringy "my first bread" article or some overcomplicated spergout
sorry, but the quality of ny pizza dough is not up to the one you get in an average european restaurant
huge amounts of cheese will never make up for it

Because Veeky Forums is obsessed.

>pepperoni.
Plebeian as fuck.

This is my issue that I can't seem to fix. I can make great soft pretzels but any other bread item or pizza dough and it just comes out terrible for me. I don't know if it's because I use measuring cups instead of weighing the ingredients out or what. I don't have a lot of time to work on making it right though so for now I've just given up trying.

Still good

LOOKS LIKE PURE FUCKING GARBAGE.

o u

Everyone loves pizza. I'm making pizza stuffing.

I love pizza.

>He rides a unicycle and wears a monocle

I bet you wa your moustache too. Faggot

>American 'food'
>Not having a bad reputation

Pick one

Yum

Because people felt for the Italian meme.Italian pizzas are pretty lame

Italian food is shit. You are talking like the quality of the ingredients in Italy is good while in reality Italian products are inferior to the American ones. We have better meat,better tomatoes,better cheese and better pineapple

italianfag here
if I go to supermarket i can find this shit
no words needed

pic related

Eat something like that and we can discuss "quality".

Italian pizza is good but honestly america (esp New York) perfected it

>they grow pineapples in Italy.
You're a fucking idiot, son.

>better tomatoes,better cheese

italianfag here
you made my day

>Italian tomatoes
>Italian cheese
Now you will tell me that your wine is not garbage