Sup cu/ck/s, what are some good uses for blue cheese besides sprinkling over salad...

Sup cu/ck/s, what are some good uses for blue cheese besides sprinkling over salad? I'm trying to find a way to incorporate it into dinner tonight that'll impress my gf.

I plan to grill up some hanger steak with peppers and onions and would like something to pair it with.

It goes good on steak

reduce a dark beer and brown sugar in a pan for a sauce for the steak and top with blue cheese

Will Sierra Nevada celebration work? Just picked up a case last night?

IPA is terrible for cooking imho

go get a brown m80

Fuck no, use a real beer such as a European stout or porter or an Old English Bass.
Don't try and cook with this hipster, millennial crap.

lol okay

so brown ales haven't existed since only recently, according to you.

porter is the biggest meme out there right now

it used to be a good brew but pleb tastes have turned everyone i've had recently into a sickly sweet abomination of a former self

Ayyy, I live in the Midwest, it's virtually impossible to find any imported beer here, so for me it's a nice change, but thanks for the tip.

Think about it. Can you think of any food, any food at all, that would be improved by the addition of a shitload of hops?

i've never tasted blue cheese..how does it taste??how is it's texture??

well, you have sierra nevada. figured you'd have access to something like pic related.

make some blue cheese sauce bauce
butter garlic roux
buttermilk, blue cheese
chive
put that shit on your steak bro

>taste
salty. occasionally bitter, occasionally funky.

>texture
varies. can be dry, can be soft. can be somewhere in between. i like a sort of "chewy" blue cheese.

most are soft and creamy, funky, sharper than it should be
i've had more cheddar like blues though and those are great too
harder, less creamy but even a little sharper
>dem crystals

i'm going to try this with mushrooms, thx user

Savory, creamy, salty. A bit "off" tasting. I'm pretty sure it's the only cheese I'd like to eat with a steak because steak and cheese doesn't work. Except with blue cheese for some reason.

Yeahhh, this sounds pretty good. I think I'll go with this and some mashed tatos with asparagus. Thanks boss.

good man
get some oyster or shiitake
>what is a steak and cheese sandwhich

crust>sauce

Ever had this? Prob my favorite cheese, it's a cheddar tasting blue cheese that looks aesthetic

i can recommend spinkling over cooked pasta, lardons, mushrooms and cremefraiche
great creamy/salty pasta dish

nah, looks great though
i can't find a picture of the one that really sticks in my mind, it's called patrolmans blues by mt. mansfield

they make some dank ass cheese in VT, i've only had one I didn't like and it was improperly packaged and probably a little old. Savage by von trapp. But even with that, I came home drunk one night and microwaved it (lol), it puffed up and got all crispy and delicious.

a lasagne with spinach and walnuts

Cream sauce with the blue cheese. You can put it on top of your steak and broil it so it gets a light golden color. Bake it in rolls.

what works with blue cheese:
avocado
bacon
beef
blueberry
broccoli
cabbage
celery
chicken
fig
grape
grapefruit
mushroom
peach
pineapple
sage
truffle
walnut
watercress

cheers

Blue cheese works great in pasta sauce, tomato soup, potato soup, macaroni and cheese, on burgers, with roasted root vegetables, in stuffed mushrooms, with savory fruits like figs and dates, with bacon.

I like to even just snack on them with crackers and/or bread. Soft blues like Saint Agur are especially great for this.

Boar stew

Blue cheese and garlic dressing

Melt in sour cream or creme fraiche.
Serve over carbs.