“What amazed me most was this audience, many of them Game of Thrones fans, could see nothing wrong in talking...

“What amazed me most was this audience, many of them Game of Thrones fans, could see nothing wrong in talking, eating and taking pictures throughout the show – or complaining when asked to stop,” he wrote inThe Stage.

“A couple saw nothing wrong in producing from their bag a box of McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets and a large side of fries,” he wrote. “At the interval, they had popped out and purchased these to consume through the second half.

“Munching certainly seemed to be the order of the day. The couple to my left ate their way through a large tub of popcorn during Act I, while the couple on my right chomped through a packet of crisps. It was like listening to eating in Dolby Stereo, and sadly at the expense of being able to properly hear the lines being spoken on stage,” he added.

You're on the literature board, you dense cunt.

Fuck off back to /r9k/ or /tv/.

the theatre is by your definition technically /mu/

Jesus Christ /tv/ was right

I unironically thought your post was about Game of Thrones.

I apologize.

Still, what do you hope to gain from posting this?

>on Veeky Forums
>Doesn't recognize Dr Faustus as theatre and instead assumes it's TV.

Who let you out of your cage?

>implying I opened the pic
>implying I read more than the first sentence

I don't know.

theatre is still literature.

You're only making it worse, you troglodyte.

Snobby cunts mad that people treat the Supah Serius art form of theatre like other media.

The funny thing, though, is they actually did all that back when that play was written, didn't they?

mind that doesn't make you manic munchers any less obnoxious

People used to shout at the performers during plays. Acting like the audience should be seen but not heard is a new thing. A major point of a live performance is that the audience can react verbally in real time to the drama. Really OP's quote is complaining about fatties, but fatties gonna fat so idc.

>ywn shitpost on a theatre & performance arts board

As art forms become irellevant they become more exclusively filled with snobbier and more pretentious people. Back in the 19th century, Dickens was magazine serialised stuff for children, now he speaks the hallowed hardback truth. Back when shakespeare was writing plays you'd get illiterates throw shit at the performers during the plays. Now you need to be liiving in London,the most expensive city in the UK, just to see a play in silence written by a literally who

KEK
defending your meme show and its fanbase this hard

A dispassionate observer notes, "you are retarded"

>A dispassionate observer notes, "you are retarded"

Clickbait. As much as it feels good to look down on neckbeard plebs, that's exactly what they're trying to make you feel.

>on Veeky Forums
>doesn't read
Checks out.

Why is he in things when he's a horrible actor?

Orlando Bloom is in many things.

Fame.

We can hope
Japmoot might just do it, he added Veeky Forums despite knowing it would end up a shithole

>"One need only watch the way they behave at a concert, the opera, or the play; the childish simplicity, for instance, with which they keep on chattering during the finest passages in the greatest masterpieces. If it is true that the Greeks forbade women to go to the play, they acted in a right way; for they would at any rate be able to hear something. In our day it would be more appropriate to substitute taceat mulier in theatro for taceat mulier in ecclesia; and this might perhaps be put up in big letters on the curtain."

Schopenhauer was some lad

You know that a performance art board would end up nothing but posts about garagebands, right?

how would it end up that?

There's no dichotomy between composing and performing with rock music. Rock musicians usually have little to no formal training, least of all in actually correctly playing their instruments.
I suspect threads about rock music would even be forbidden, and rightly so.

The thing is just that we really don't need it. If there was any market on Veeky Forums for quality discussion about theatre productions, it would already exist on Veeky Forums, and Veeky Forums is a slow board as it is.

There obviously is no such market.

GoT fans are the fucking worst.

You're a dumb cunt.

sells tickets

>people who like live action cartoons are children

Wew who would've thought?

i've noticed a shift in theater acting in recent years more to what can be called screen acting. seems the actors aren't projecting their voices as much and expect the audiences to maintain their silence throughout a play. anyone else notice this?

only natural when you hire pseudoactors like OP pic related in order to sell tickets

I bet he couldn't project his voice even if he wanted.

not that it's a problem for society. loudness is a retarded meme and the sooner we do away with it the better

I think they should just ban mobile phones from public performances like concerts, plays, movie theaters, etc. They are such a nuisance. And what's worse is that this type of behaviour is encouraged for ticket sales. As someone who's never had the urge to even bother with buying a mobile phone I find my enjoyment in those sorts of things are ruined by people like that. They should go just to enjoy the event but the companies should offer free official memorabilia or something if you want to remember your time there, kind of like when you go on a roller coaster and get your picture taking something like that.

no, i've also noticed it in my local theater. i guess it's the ebb and flow of the times.

as for
>loudness is a retarded meme and the sooner we do away with it the better
well, that is as imbecilic a notion i've ever read on Veeky Forums. cheers.

>well, that is as imbecilic a notion i've ever read on Veeky Forums. cheers.
well, that is as imbecilic a notion i've ever read on Veeky Forums. cheers.

>we shouldn't end loudness
put a stop to industrial noise, you get a less deaf society, and therefore a much more productive society, both of which both combined and separately contribute to a better quality of life for all mankind.

while i agree that mobile phones are a nuisance in public events, i think we're far past the memorabilia collection phase as cell phones provides an illusion to the owner that each pic or video taken is a unique snowflake and, therefore, far more valuable for him/her. mobile devices are simply a nuisance we have to put up with until a silencing technology is generally approved or device etiquette shifts to the more congenial. somehow i doubt the latter will ever occur.

Or better alternative why not just shut off the wifi when the thing you're watching is happening so you can enjoy it and not bother the artists or whoever you're seeing by looking at your phone all the time since I'd imagine that they think that's pretty rude.

Then again you're right, we're never going to see any of these ideas implemented, fuck it. I blame reality TV for all this nonsense.

apple & co are currently patenting methods to block phones in museums (eeeh) or during concerts, and I can see them making cinemas and the like pay for something of this kind too

>you get a less deaf society, and therefore a much more productive society
What.

>I blame reality TV for all this nonsense.
You're an idiot.

You should blame people.

Blocking phones is illegal in America because they might be needed in emergencies.

>Rock musicians usually have little to no formal training, least of all in actually correctly playing their instruments.
>mfw

>>/r9k/

or you just enforce cellphone bans in the theatre
pull out your cell and someone notices it and you get thrown out

it's literally that easy