If your school doesn't require these courses to graduate, then it's no better than DeVry

if your school doesn't require these courses to graduate, then it's no better than DeVry.

>Single Variable Calculus
>Multivariable Calculus
>Linear Algebra
>Probability
>Differential Equations (both ordinary and partial)
>Numerical Methods

and if you plan to go to graduate school.

>Complex Analysis
>Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations
>Logic

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic_analysis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh yeah, I'm sure that's a standard undergraduate course at virtually all decent schools.

The rest is a decent list, a course like 'nonlinear partial differential equations' is a bit misleading unless from a certain perspective like conservation laws in physics or geometric structure.

graduate school in engineering? or what?

judging degrees by their shitty watered down engineering versions of math is really idiotic

Confirming that your school is shit. I bet you do calculus in three semesters LOOOOL

>school graduation requirements
>not a course catalog of requirements for your specific major

Am I retarded or something?

If that class exists then it is probably pointless. You could spend a whole semester studying just one nonlinear PDE and still not cover all relevant information.

I mean a course in GR is pretty much just a course in studying Einstein's equations, a course in fluid dynamics is pretty much just studying Euler's equations, etc.

I took all these courses, but the only ones that weren't REQUIRED to graduate were probability, numerical methods, and partial differential equations.

You forgot,

>it allows students who take loans to enroll

Because tuition farms are shit schools.

Hint: All CS programs are shit.

Not literally "all" of them

What if you're a computer networking major and all they made you take is baby calculus and graph theory/descrete math. Thinking grad school in IT as well. It's a great undergrad program, but I'm worried it's light on math.

>computer networking major
Why would you do this? Why not comp sci or CE?

sounds like my CS undergrad courses to me

I love networking, it's so fucking interesting. I also found an insane love for graph theory in the process. I want to do design and research, not like technician shit.

Same here, f a m. Looks like my uni's good :^)

Why do you care so much about your school being better than others? There's a lot more to life than that.

You have problems man

No, all of them are.

My school is shit and we still go way further than any of that.

What if your school doesn't use a textbook at all for some of those?

Shit. I guess my school is crap.
>Epp's book useless af

I used to go to a bottom-tier Cal state and we're required to take those classes.

Hell, I didn't even take those classes at the Cal state; I took it at a community college and had it transfer over.

>i have no talent
>people associated with my school have talent
>i now have talent

The shitty school has better books then mine.
:(

No, OP is being autistic

had all of those in high school, except nonlinear partial differential equations

>no number theory
>no abstract algebra

what shit uni do you go to user?

Just started physics at the University of Oslo, doing most of this in my first year.

>ctrl + f
>"IUT"
>no results found

You're all in shit unis, its first year stuff where I am

tfw they have the audacity to exclude CLRS

heh, 6/9. Very pleased my school somewhat satisfies OP's standards. However, no graph theory or abstract algebra, so OP's school is clearly shit.

>tfw when never once read just on of these books cause you didn't graduate in an english speaking country

No, they just assume we know those topics after Calc II and tell us to stop being lazy sacks of shits by relying on taking a class to learn a topic. You can keep getting spoon fed your topics, though. No one is judging you.

>How to tell if your school is shit.

すべてが英語です。

This. In the same key that people on Veeky Forums say you can easily self-teach CS, people with enough intelligence can self-teach pure mathematics (if needed).

Your school curriculum seems lacking OP. Probably just a generic state school nobody knows

Nah, CS at MIT/Stanford is tough as nails. It requires them to have an extremely strong math background.

>nonlinear PDEs
kek
that's so vague, you might as well have a class called "Physics"

subete ga kanjidontknow kanjiidontknow desu.

Why Japan had to get cucked by China man.

>nonlinear PDE as a course

undergrad detected

If your school doesnt have snowboard hall, then it´s wrong too,...

If there isn't a good amount of chalkboards around to use, your school is babby-tier (or your department is bad)

>implying that it doesn't exist

>Logic
I took that in community college

and almost failed it...kek

me too.

That must mean we went to superior schools according to this threads logic.

>tfw professors use fucking powerpoint slides instead of a proper chalkboard

I don't mind what some of my professors did, they presented stuff on a powerpoint slide and then used a board to do examples or do a proof with class engagement instead of just trudging through the slides. I can't stand powerpoint only classes though, it's so lazy and unengaging

>be sick and miss a lecture
>look up slides from that day
>they are incomprehensible
good thing none of my math profs ever used slides, but the cs profs loved that shit

>not using pic related.

or that OP has pretty low standards for a good university

yes, all subjects are contained in the curriculum

I expected this to be bait but this is all pretty accurate, actually.

Dude I'm a senior in high school and I already do all that except probability, but I do Fourier series, signal processing, and control theory as well. I do that on my own. And it's because I love mathematics and physics more than I like human interaction, even sex. So screw you.

>implying you've had sex

>I do Fourier series

eh? are you implying that is a subject?

Sorry I meant Fourier transform. I'm studying it because I really like periodic phenomena and signals

no, it doesn't. it requires calculus, linear algebra for engineers and differential equations for engineers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic_analysis

although that high school faggot probably just wrote some basic examples for like 5 minutes and quickly read the intro to a control theory book

There's an algorithm for everything

>not knowing that MIT doesn't have an exclusive CS major, only Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Mathematics with Computer Science

Nigga the Fourier transform is not a fucking subject. That's like saying I'm studying addition.

>with DUCKS

Who needs schools anyway? All you need is a good job really, schools are just for some reason a kinda of a requirement.

I mean im engineering major so probably take most of that

it is

Actually calling the Fourier transform a "subject" is like saying learning how to spell "dog" is a "subject"

I mean technically you could say that it is, but it makes you sound like an idiot.

You have to take calculus instead of real analysis :^)

The kanji is "eigo" meaning English. So I guess he is implying a school is shit if everything is in English or something. Not sure what he is getting at.

I study it a lot as if it's a full subject because I want to understand electrical signals. Also there are full classes dedicated to it.

I think what you mean is Fourier Analysis.

Disregarding intellectual difficulty, pure math is the easiest subject to self teach. There is no equipment necessary.

This was a standard undergrad class at my uni. Two semesters. very cool. taught some ideal solutions variational methods, computational methods, linear approximations.

hell, even differential geometry was considered undergrad at my school. you had to take it if you wanted into the GR senior class.

Sure fine, I'll just go with that.

he doesn't mean fourier analysis, he means he's peeking at stuff related to electric engineering that happens to use the fourier transform and a couple of fourier series

>well, even differential geometry was considered undergrad at my school

What did it cover? Differential geometry has varying levels of difficulty.

I could be your equipment.

this

What's this DeVry meme? I saw people laughing at it years ago in an image.

Oh man, all of that, i already pass it, still feel stupid hahahaha

would CLRS be in the shitty or good

lol applied cs babby math minor tier garbage

>no abstract algebra
>no real analysis
>no topology

at least introductory classes to all these subjects are essential. numerical analysis, probability and diffeqs at the undergrad level are more geared towards applied topics.

Shitty. It has nowhere near the same amount of math as AoA or TAOCP.

Just about every school has some logic class that is required for math majors. It's important to know how to put proofs together for the second half of the math major.

I'd say numerical methods and PDEs aren't necessary for every type of math major, and prboability isn't so get rid of those. Add at least an introduction to real analysis and abstract algebra to what everyone takes, maybe something dealing with number theory, but that could probably be shoehorned into a logic class.

Awwww hell, I forgot, but I'm sure you meant to include it, but every math undergrad should do a vector calculus class (taken after multi).

You can tell that this book was written by a woman. Call me sexist all you want, but that is the truth. It was designed to be "cute" and really kills all the seriousness. All these stupid attempts at humor (that aren't even funny) take away from the ability to learn about math. Look in the first chapter for example:

>Scary Clown offers a Sad Meal containing a sandwich, a salad, a dessert, and a drink. (They are not mixed together in a box.) There are 11 types of sandwiches, 3 types of salads, and 5 different types of deserts. A person with low standards for food could eat a different Sad Meal every day for three years. So how many drinks are possible choices for a Sad Meal?

Not to mention those awful explanations

>blah blah x^2 = 4 QUACK blah blah blah 2 (giggle, giggle) QUACK blah blah 2 blah blah QED

>math minor
>no actual math classes required

What

I had a math major and I never had to take topology.

lol scrub

Top 5-10 public schools in the US, son

>Good School
>Algorithms
>Not CLRS
shiggy

>no topology

NOT A REAL MATH MAJOR
A
REAL
MATH
MAJOR

(or you probably did something gay like get an applied math degree)

you are confusing cs with ce again

that's a pajeet book

My sister went to DeVry. All I heard about for years was about how so many companies actually want DeVry engineers because of this and that.

I knew it was bullshit even when I was 12.

OP here.

Real analysis has no applications.

This thread is about the absolute minimum. Stop jerking yourself off.

Most research funding is in PDEs. Most R&D positions require specialization in PDEs. PDEs are a pathway to success.

Wait, you're school doesn't cover vector calculus in multivariable? LOL

>implying this book was serious at all
kys

>You can tell that this book was written by a woman.
Well yes, the writers name is on the cover. Your autism is showing.

Not him but I'm taking diff Geo in my third year (standard in UK) along with many others. It goes up to gauss-bonnet theorem or so